HMG en Español

Moderator: Rathinagiri

serge_girard
DBs Used: 1 MySQL - MariaDB
2 DBF

Re: My application (DBF's) in ONEDRIVE

Post by serge_girard »

How secure is this all?
I cannot imagine that MS will do this for free in the long term.

Any how best is reading this BOOK: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/servicesagreement

Serge
There's nothing you can do that can't be done...
andyglezl

Post by andyglezl »

Windows 7 y versiones anteriores
Descargar la aplicación de escritorio para Windows 7 y versiones anteriores

Nota: La aplicación OneDrive no es compatible con Windows XP. Si intenta instalarlo en un equipo PC con Windows XP,
recibirá el mensaje "OneDrive Setup. exe no es una aplicación Win32 válida". Requisitos del sistema para OneDrive

Descargar la aplicación significa que estás de acuerdo con el Contrato de servicios de Microsoft y la declaración de
privacidad. Este software también puede descargar e instalar sus actualizaciones automáticamente.

¿Para qué sirve la carpeta de OneDrive?
Cuando instala OneDrive para Windows, se descarga una copia de su OneDrive en su equipo y se coloca en la carpeta
OneDrive. Esta carpeta se mantiene sincronizada con OneDrive. Si agregas, cambias o eliminas un archivo o carpeta
en el sitio web de OneDrive, el archivo o carpeta se agrega, cambia o elimina en tu carpeta de OneDrive y viceversa.

También puede usar el explorador de archivos para cambiar el nombre y eliminar archivos, crear nuevas carpetas y
mover archivos en la carpeta OneDrive. Los cambios se efectúan automáticamente en OneDrive y en tus demás
equipos con la aplicación OneDrive instalada.

Sugerencia: Si utilizas una gran cantidad de espacio de almacenamiento en OneDrive, puede que tardes mucho en
descargar todos tus archivos la primera vez que instales la aplicación OneDrive. Para ver cómo podrías mejorar la
velocidad de transferencia, consulta Maximizar la velocidad de carga y descarga.
**-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows 7 and earlier versions
Download the desktop application for Windows 7 and earlier versions

Note: The OneDrive application is not compatible with Windows XP. If you try to install it on a PC with Windows XP,
You will receive the message "OneDrive Setup. exe is not a valid Win32 application". System requirements for OneDrive

Downloading the application means that you agree with the Microsoft Service Agreement and the declaration of
Privacy. This software can also download and install your updates automatically.

What is the OneDrive folder for?
When you install OneDrive for Windows, a copy of your OneDrive is downloaded to your computer and placed in
the folder OneDrive This folder stays in sync with OneDrive. If you add, change or delete a file or folder
On the OneDrive website, the file or folder is added, changed or deleted in your OneDrive folder and vice versa.

You can also use the file browser to rename and delete files, create new folders and
move files in the OneDrive folder. Changes are made automatically in OneDrive and in your others
computers with the OneDrive application installed.

Tip: If you use a large amount of storage space in OneDrive, it may take a long time to
Download all your files the first time you install the OneDrive application. To see how you could improve the
transfer speed, see Maximize upload and download speed.

Bueno, estuve haciendo más pruebas...

* Ya pude copiar a ONEDRIVE el DBF y el NTX que me daban problemas. (DBF con un millón de registros)
* Instalé en otra CPU con WIN7, el ONEDRIVE.
* Copie a ONEDRIVE un programa que consulta dicho archivo.
* Ejecute en ambas computadoras al mismo tiempo la consulta.
* Y aquí el resultado:
**-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I was doing more tests ...

* I could already copy the DBF and the NTX that gave me problems to ONEDRIVE. (DBF with one million records)
* I installed on another CPU with WIN7, the ONEDRIVE.
* Copy to ONEDRIVE a program that queries that file.
* Run the query on both computers at the same time.
* And here the result:

OneDrive-PC1.png
OneDrive-PC1.png (561.15 KiB) Viewed 2711 times
OneDrive-PC2.png
OneDrive-PC2.png (368.46 KiB) Viewed 2711 times
Andrés González López
Desde Guadalajara, Jalisco. México.
PeteWG

Post by PeteWG »

Hi,

This is an interesting and potentially useful thread.

@Andres: many thanks for posting your experience! (keep updating your findings...)

@Serge: Valid concerns. Did you read the 'book'?[*]

[*]Note: it's not a rhetoric question. ;-) If you've read it, please tell us, in summary, what is your opinion about it,
because it's really difficult to even try to read (let aside to understand) this abysmal ocean of legalistic nonsense
(intentionally unclear and confusing) which the supposedly cunning lawyers include in such "agreements", "terms of use" etc.

regards,
Pete
serge_girard
2 DBF

Post by serge_girard »

Did you read the 'book'?[*]
No Pete, I didn't. Usual blabla etcetera...? Too complicated!

Serge
SALINETAS24
DBs Used: DBF

Post by SALINETAS24 »

andyglezl wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:42 am
Bueno, estuve haciendo más pruebas...

* Ya pude copiar a ONEDRIVE el DBF y el NTX que me daban problemas. (DBF con un millón de registros)
* Instalé en otra CPU con WIN7, el ONEDRIVE.
* Copie a ONEDRIVE un programa que consulta dicho archivo.
* Ejecute en ambas computadoras al mismo tiempo la consulta.
* Y aquí el resultado:
Well, I was doing more tests ...

* I could already copy the DBF and the NTX that gave me problems to ONEDRIVE. (DBF with one million records)
* I installed on another CPU with WIN7, the ONEDRIVE.
* Copy to ONEDRIVE a program that queries that file.
* Run the query on both computers at the same time.
* And here the result:

OneDrive-PC1.png
OneDrive-PC2.png
Hola Andy, que tal las pruebas con la NUBE..?
¿Es posible hacer el servidor en la NUBE?
¿La velocidad de trasmision/respuesta es aceptable...?
Gracias
Como dijo el gran pensador Hommer Simpson..., - En este mundo solo hay 3 tipos de personas, los que saben contar y los que no. :shock:
fouednoomen
DBs Used: DBF, MySQL, MariaDB, SQLite, PostgreSQL, Oracle, ODBC

Post by fouednoomen »

I already tested this possibility it works as you have your files on your local hard drive no problem compared to file sharing, the only problem is the slowness to open the files because it does not depend on your internet speed but also bandwidth reseved by microsoft to access onedrive.
serge_girard
2 DBF

Post by serge_girard »

Well, after all it is FREE but slow. So better pay some money if you want speed!

Serge