Problem with documentation...

Moderator: Rathinagiri

EduardoLuis

Re: Problem with documentation...

Post by EduardoLuis »

Hi Claudio:

About this "I had simply renamed the js folder because some antivirus tried the javascript code as a possible malicious code and made the documentation take several minutes to be opened by the browser.", you are right, some antivirus detect that, the only exception is ESET 9 Nod 32, this antivirus don't confuse javascript code as a malicious one.- Because of that, i suggest my clients to buy ESET license, it's powerfull and don't bring any conflict with our app.- This mention is just for the records.
With regards.
Eduardo
srvet_claudio

Post by srvet_claudio »

EduardoLuis wrote:Hi Claudio:

About this "I had simply renamed the js folder because some antivirus tried the javascript code as a possible malicious code and made the documentation take several minutes to be opened by the browser.", you are right, some antivirus detect that, the only exception is ESET 9 Nod 32, this antivirus don't confuse javascript code as a malicious one.- Because of that, i suggest my clients to buy ESET license, it's powerfull and don't bring any conflict with our app.- This mention is just for the records.
With regards.
Eduardo
Thanks for the info.
Best regards.
Dr. Claudio Soto
(from Uruguay)
http://srvet.blogspot.com
Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

Hi Roberto,

Good morning.

I do not want to disturb the peace, much less to offend or disobey your orders. Now because I know that everything you do is the same desire that we all want: making HMG better.

So please give us the chance to build/correct and improve our HMGDoc.

You said documentation it's one of principal things that any user look up for in the package of HMG. And I contemplated this I kindly ask you to revert you decision for removing actual "Search" engine. I know I was responsible for this missing feature, because I made it and also know that this should it improved too. So please give me the chance to correct it.

At this moment I'm working in Prg2Fmg project that would take some some to finish it but if you give me this chance I promess to remove any external lib that could be badly interpreted by the anti-virus. I've done HMTL/CSS courses and need to improve more knowledge for my own.

I hope you can revert your decision for next HMG release and we can start again with this matter. Ok ?

Best regards
HMGing a better world
"Matter tells space how to curve, space tells matter how to move."
Albert Einstein
Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

EduardoLuis wrote:ESET 9 Nod 32, this antivirus don't confuse javascript code as a malicious one.- Because of that, i suggest my clients to buy ESET license, it's powerfull and don't bring any conflict with our app.- This mention is just for the records.
Thanks you Eduardo for this info. I have ESET bought and its very satisfeid. Before I've used Baidu antivirus (freeware) and also not problem with it or with others.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

- Fixed problem in Navigator.htm file of documentation (contrib by Roberto Lopez)
Esto, no es una contrib... :|   Esto es un retroceso, en mi opinion personal.

Yo uso mucho el Search en mi Google Chrome en el HMGDOC y ahora con este ultimo patch, no lo tenemos más... :(
Claro que es cuestion de volver con el Navigator.htm que yo tenia.

Recién en la semana pasada, cuando yo le enseñaba a un viejo amigo sobre HMG, accesé el DOC en su computadora y me di cuenta lo que Roberto estaba diciendo. Me di cuenta que algunos navegadores como el FireFox antiguo, no estaba interpretado los comandos de busqueda y me originaba estancamiento... es horrible. Pero no sabia que era por causa del navegador. Pensábamos que era mala interpretacion por parte del antivirus...

Cuando desistalé aquella porqueria y pasamos a usar el Google Chrome vimos que todo funcionaba bien, el Search funcionaba perfecto.

Aclaro todo esto, porque toda informacion es valiosa, desde que sea auténtica y más cuando es rica en detalles.

Todos los que innovamos e ofrecemos aqui en el fórum, creo al menos hablo por mi, lo hacemos con el intuito de que otros puedan aprovecharlo sin causar prejuicios. Yo nunca tuve esa intencion de prejudicar a alguien cuando lanzé el Search en el HMGDOC. No tengo interés saber quien usan lo que yo hago ni que me hagan honores.
Me interesa en mejorar, sea lo mio, sea lo de los otros porque todo lo hago primeramente para mi persona y como una forma de agradecer lo que a mi me mejora el uso de ella: lo comparto. Pero aprecio cuando hay diálogo, siempre cuando sea de forma educada y sensata. Me gusta saber si es útil y como mejorarla.

Aqui demonstrar que algo simplesmente no funciona, es decir: es lo mismo que aquél individuo que reclama del HMG sin dar opciones de mejorar la cosa... que solo reclama. :|

Solo para finalizar. Todo tipo de crítica cuando es hecho en buena fé: lo veo como constructiva. Desmotivar a quienes desean mejorar, lo considero como un desafio, como un incentivo de ser más persistente. Porque nunca desisto de querer hacerlo mejor. Es más constructivo cuando te muestran que algo se puede hacer mejor y te muestran como hacerlo siempre que es posible...

Googled
- Fixed problem in Navigator.htm file of documentation (contrib by Roberto Lopez)
This is not a contrib ... :|   This is a regression, in my personal opinion.

I use a lot of Search in my Google Chrome in the HMGDOC and now with this last patch, we do not have it anymore ... :(
Of course it is a question of returning with the Navigator.htm that I had.

Just last week, when I was teaching an old friend about HMG, I accessed the DOC on his computer and saw what Robert was saying. I noticed that some browsers like the old FireFox, which It was not interpreted search commands and I was causing stagnation ... it's horrible. But I did not know it was because of the navigator. We thought it was misinterpretation by the antivirus ...

When I unhooked that crap and went to use Google Chrome we saw that everything worked well, the Search worked perfect.

I clarify all this, because all information is valuable, as long as it is authentic and more when it is rich in details.

All that we innovate and offer here in the forum, I think at least I speak for myself, we do it with the intention that others can take advantage of it without causing prejudice. I never intended to harm anyone when I launched the Search on the HMGDOC or in any other my contrib. I have no interest in knowing who uses what I do or who do me honors.
I am interested in improving, be mine, or the others, because I do everything first for myself and as a way of thanking me to improve my use of it: I share it. But I appreciate when there is dialogue, whenever it is polite and sensible. I like to know if it is useful and how to improve it.

Here to demonstrate that something simply does not work, that is: it is the same as that individual who claims about HMG without giving options to improve the thing ... that only complains. :|

Just to finish. All kinds of criticism when done in good faith: I see it as constructive. To discourage those who want to improve, I consider it as a challenge, as an incentive to be more persistent. Because I never give up trying to do better. It's more constructive when they show you that something can be done better and they show you how to do it when it's possible...
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

Agora vou falar no idioma em que eu penso, falo e domino. Porque escrever em casteshano nunca trouxe-me algum beneficio nem mesmo por ser o mesmo idioma do chefe. E também nem poderia.

Sabem por quê eu sou muito fã deste fórum ?

Não é tão somente porque aqui encontramos grandes profissionais de respeito e colegas que compartilham muito dos seus conhecimentos.
Não é também tão somente porque é o fórum oficial da HMG. Onde HMG encontrou (graças ao nosso amado Mr. Subbiah Rathinagiri) um grande fonte, próspera, concentrando muitos contribuidores e pelo produto em si que é o HMG.
Senão também e principalmente porque o neste fórum é permitido falar abertamente, claro sempre que com educação e respeito.
Eu agradeço muito ao colega Rathi por isso. Alguns devem achar que ele é muito liberal, mas o forte dele é a liberdade de expressão.
Parabéns Mr. Montain of Diamonds.

No entanto agora eu posso falar abertamente, poder me defender abertamente a qualquer infamidade que eu já sofri como moderador.
Antes esse previlégio não me era concedido: seja pelo "status", pela autoridade em que eu exercia ou por que me era imposto pelo administrador do fórum.

Aqueles que ficaram felizes com a minha saída como moderador devem saber que eu fiz o meu melhor e o fiz por mim e por todos nós.
E se alguém agora apontar um dedo contra mim, agora eu posso responder sim, posso me defender sim, como você, como ele, como ela e todos vocês...

Podem até achar chato eu levantar tudo isto. Mas eu gostaria que não acontecesse com mais ninguém. Por isso que quando percebo algum erro meu, procuro corrigi-lo, pedir desculpas sempre quando necessário mas também quando há algo injusto: gosto de defender a causa.

Aqui neste tópico, a causa é a retirada injusta do Navigator que eu fiz com tanto carinho, trabalhei tanto para apresentar um trabalho mais limpo e funcional. E não deveríamos tratar a ninguém com desprezo ou simplesmente fazer que nada aconteceu.
Quero que faça-se justiça com respeito a essa tomada de decisão.
Claro muitos vão falar que eu não devo questionar a decisão de um "chefe". Mas se eu provo que a argumentação apresentada não estaria baseada em fatos técnicos ou por causa do meu "Search". Eu tenho direito, não é ? O "chefe" (que faz tempo que não fala comigo) pode também ter se engando. Eu quero pensar assim. Mas este caso o problema é:

Screen96.png
Screen96.png (24.63 KiB) Viewed 5078 times

Sim, o navegador default que vem no Windows 7 e que por razão de remover a opção de "atualizar automaticamente", ficamos com um navegador que provoca erros ao ler comandos como nestas páginas que estão disponibilizadas no HMGDoc. Erros como este:

Screen97.png
Screen97.png (58.12 KiB) Viewed 5078 times

Justamente na página do benemérito colega Claudio, do Bos Taurus. Isso porque tem instruções talvez no padrão UNICODE e funções em que a atual página dá erro com este navegador. Pode ver que a versão do arquivo \hmg.3.4.0\DOC\data\BosTaurus-FunctionsReferenceGuide.htm não dá erro. E nós temos que nos sujeitar por causa da versão do navegador ? Sempre que possível sim. Por isso vale a pena retornar e rever as funções. Isso não é virus, isso é falta de retrocompatibilidade. Atenção então quando editarmos o arquivo htm no Word versão 11.

Quem possuir esta versão do Internet Explorer versão 9, confira estas páginas:
- HMG in YouTube
- HMG - Viva Clipper
- Bos Taurus/Reference Guide
- HMGDoc online

Aqui tem o link para atualização do seu IE para versão 11: https://www.microsoft.com/pt-br/downloa ... tails.aspx

Ou simplesmente usar o Google Chrome. Eu nunca gostei do IE.

Um abraço a todos e desculpem o meu desabafo.

Googled
Now I will speak in the language in which I self think, speak and dominate. Because writing in casteshano has never brought me any benefit not even for being the same language as the boss. Neither could it be.

Do you know why I'm very much a fan of this forum ?

It is not only because we find great professionals of respect and colleagues who share much of their knowledge.
It is also not just because it is the official forum of HMG. Where HMG found (thanks to our beloved Mr. Subbiah Rathinagiri) a great place, prosperous, concentrating many contributors and for the product itself is the HMG.
But also by the mainly reason of this forum is allowed to speak openly, of course always with education and respect.
I thank Mr Rathi very much for that. Some could think he is very liberal, but his strongest point is the freedom of speech.
Congratulations Mr. Montain of Diamonds. :D

However now I can speak openly, being able to defend myself openly to any infamy I have ever suffered as moderator.
Before this privilege was not granted to me: either by "status", by the authority in which I exercised or by what was imposed by the administrator of the forum or someone else...

Those who were happy with my departure as moderator should know that I did all my best and did it for me and for all of us.
And if someone now points a finger against me, now I can answer to anyone, I can defend myself, like you, like him, like her and all of you ...

Someone might even find it boring for me to raise all this. But I wish the bad treatment would not happen to anyone else. That is why when I perceive some mistake of mine, I try to correct it, apologize whenever necessary, but also when there is something unfair: I like to defend the cause.

Here in this topic, the cause is the unfair withdrawal of the Navigator that I did with so much affection, I worked so hard to present a cleaner and more functional work. And we should not treat anyone with contempt or simply make like as "nothing happen".
I want justice done with respect to that decision-making.
Of course many will say that I should not question the decision of a "boss." But if I prove that the argument presented would not be based on technical facts or because of my "Search". I have the right, do not I ? The "boss" (who has not spoken to me for long time) may also have been engaging. I want to think like this. But this case the problem is:

Screen96.png
Screen96.png (24.63 KiB) Viewed 5078 times

Yes, the default browser that comes in Windows 7 and that by reason of removing the option to "update automatically", we are left with a browser that causes errors when reading commands like in these pages that are available in HMGDoc. Errors like this:

Screen97.png
Screen97.png (58.12 KiB) Viewed 5078 times

Just on the page of the meritorious colleague Claudio, Bos Taurus. This is because it has instructions maybe in the UNICODE pattern and functions where the current page gives an error with this old browser. You can see that the file version \hmg.3.4.0\DOC\data\BosTaurus-FunctionsReferenceGuide.htm gives no error. And do we have to subject ourselves because of the browser version ? Whenever possible, yes. So it pays to go back and review the functions. This is not a virus, this is lack of backwards compatibility. Attention then when we edit the htm file in Word version 11.

Who owns this old version of Internet Explorer, check out these pages:
- HMG in YouTube
- HMG - Viva Clipper
- Bos Taurus / Reference Guide
- HMGDoc online

Here is the link to update your IE for version 11: https://www.microsoft.com/pt-br/downloa ... tails.aspx

Or simply use Google Chrome. I've never liked IE.

A hug to all and sorry for my unburden.

I am preparing an HMG application for DOC. Why we not thought about this ?

Screen98.png
Screen98.png (125.37 KiB) Viewed 5076 times

<Attached file was removed>

It's uncomplete project yet. But think is good to have it.
To test it, you must save this executable at your \hmg.3.4.3\DOC folder.
Last edited by Pablo César on Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
serge_girard
DBs Used: 1 MySQL - MariaDB
2 DBF

Post by serge_girard »

Pablo, I felt very sorry and unhappy with your departure (even as moderator) and I'm glad you're back!
Serge
There's nothing you can do that can't be done...
Pablo César

HMG_DOC - APP

Post by Pablo César »

Thank you Serge, you are being very gentle in your words. :D

I'm OK and happy to be in freedom side... and I only would be unhappy when my love would dies...

The important is to be at same ship and always be able to add, not by dividing...

What did you think about of this beginning of the HMG_DOC application ?

This first item Root, takes automatically by GetVersion from HMG (INCLUDE constants) and it contain is taking from ChangeLog.txt and filter for only that version. Like as: "What's New".

I wish to make another options, like "Go forward", "Go back", probably edit items on the fly, open childwindows in a new window (this allows without navigating back/forward), to edit as "New" options by colored items, unread items, put new child items like: in SAMPLES and probably a FunctionList.

I have to learn how to localize texts in HTM pages through thru ACTIVEX. :?

For "Search" for keywords finding, I think I will be able and more productive than in JavaScript, Html...

I am here, not to learn HTML/JS and I like Windows desktop apps.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
serge_girard
DBs Used: 1 MySQL - MariaDB
2 DBF

Post by serge_girard »

Pablo, Looks good but it's blocking a bit...? Statusbar says: D:\HMG.3.4.3\DOC\.. but I havent' a D drive with HMG..
Each link I click gives: 'page cannot be loaded' !
External page seems to work but now i get ERROR WINOLE/1007 Onchange tree (739)

Serge
There's nothing you can do that can't be done...
Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

I'm sorry I forgot to remove fixed path. Thanks to tell me.

Here's is fixed:

<Attached file was removed>

I need to go on with this... I wish also to put a limit in SplitBox sizing. Just to avoid be shorter than "Search" button. But I think I will let like this for at moment at least.
Last edited by Pablo César on Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein