Compiling with HMG/IDE (parameters needed for exe)

General Help regarding HMG, Compilation, Linking, Samples

Moderator: Rathinagiri

srvet_claudio

Re: Compiling with HMG/IDE (parameters needed for exe)

Post by srvet_claudio »

Pablo César wrote:Are you sure Marek that our IDE allows this parameters ?

The configuration pass thru hbc by Harbour compiler. But I guess this is not working in HMG/IDE.

Because if you put at "Configuration" tab in the IDE adding this following line:

run=yes

Then it's going to execute twice your created app... that's means is the IDE its execute not the compiler... :(

Claudio or Roberto, could you confirm this ?

I noted a typo wrongly defined "RUNAFETRBUILD" in the IDE.exe I saw this string by Windows' Resource Monitor... :?
I do not remember, would have to look at the source code of the IDE.
Best regards.
Dr. Claudio Soto
(from Uruguay)
http://srvet.blogspot.com
Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

srvet_claudio wrote:I do not remember, would have to look at the source code of the IDE.
Just follow the string with typo (see the last red marked), you certainly will find it. ;)

Thank you Claudio.

I will wait for your return.

mol wrote:There was a parameter in configuration of IDE to pass parameters to build app, but, I don't remember how to set it...

I've searched my old projects, but I didn't find anything :-(
Hi Marek, hi Serge, hi all,

I've found the way to compile app and passing parameters to the app. :D :D :D :D

Here's the way: viewtopic.php?p=48056#p48056

It works both through the IDE and on the command line. :P :P :P :P :P
HMGing a better world
"Matter tells space how to curve, space tells matter how to move."
Albert Einstein
danielmaximiliano

Post by danielmaximiliano »

Que bueno Pablo !!
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´. (¸.·` *
.·`. Harbour/HMG : It's magic !
(¸.·``··*

Saludos / Regards
DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO

Whatsapp. := +54901169026142
Telegram Name := DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO
srvet_claudio

Post by srvet_claudio »

Pablo César wrote:
srvet_claudio wrote:I do not remember, would have to look at the source code of the IDE.
Just follow the string with typo (see the last red marked), you certainly will find it. ;)

Thank you Claudio.

I will wait for your return.
The life is not as simple as it seems, "RunAfetrBuild" appears 12 times over a file of 45044 lines of code, its tracking is not so simple. ;)
Best regards.
Dr. Claudio Soto
(from Uruguay)
http://srvet.blogspot.com
Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

srvet_claudio wrote:The life is not as simple as it seems, "RunAfetrBuild" appears 12 times over a file of 45044 lines of code, its tracking is not so simple. ;)
Caramba. Sin problemas Claudio (te pido disculpas, yo soy muy ansioso y rompe huevos) . Lamento no poderte ayudar, amigo. Quisiera hacer más y darte una mano. Estoy a disposición de lo que precises y esté a mi alcance. (sé que vas a decir que es tiempo lo que precisás...) :oops:

Gracias Marek y gracias Daniel Maximiliano. Yo sabia que te iba a gustar Daniel. Hiciste la prueba con el código ejemplo ?
Solo hay un gran inconveniente: la IDE SIEMPRE ejecuta la aplicación generada... :roll: asi que sobre la parametrizacion lo ejecuta 2 veces. Una sin parametros (llamado por la bendita IDE) y la otra por el Build.bat. En mi opinion, deberia siempre dejar al usuário la decision del programa generado ser ejecutado o no. No te parece ? Y más con el chequeo que ahora hace sobre los parametros switches... Muchas veces no queremos ejecutar el aplicativo desde la carpeta de proyecto. A veces por causa del banco de datos o porque crea archivo y genera otros inconvenientes que cuando no están los datos completos... enfin.

Espero que a Claudio le pueda sobrar un tiempito para evaluar eso.

Te felicito Daniel, vi que actuaste (como siempre) de forma activa ayudandole a Roberto y a Rathinagiri sobre esa cuestion IDE y archivos HBC. Hasta hiciste una video testeando... Uno hace lo que puede, no se puede cruzar de brazos y esperar que te hagan todo. Hay que haber participacion y si es posible colaboracion con una posible solucion.

Un gran abrazo.

--- Google translated ---

OMG. No problems Claudio (I apologize, I'm very anxious and boring). I'm sorry I can not help you, my friend. I would like to do more and give you a hand. I am at the disposal of what you need and it is within my reach. (I know you're going to say it's time what you need it ...) :oops:

Thank you Marek and thank you Daniel Maximiliano. I knew you would like Daniel. Did you test with example code?
There is only one big drawback: the IDE always executes the generated application... :roll: so on the parameterization it executes twice. One without parameters (called by the blessed IDE) and the other by the Build.bat. In my opinion, should always leave the user the decision of the generated program to be executed or not. And more with the check on switches parameters which is doing now... Do not you think ? Many times we do not want to run the application from the project folder. Sometimes because of the databases or because it creates file and generates other inconveniences that when the data is incomplete in that place... so what to do.

I hope Claudio can spare a little time to evaluate that.

I congratulate Daniel, I saw that you acted (as always) actively helping Roberto and Rathinagiri about that IDE issue and HBC files. You even did a video testing ... We use to do what we can, we can not just sit back and wait for them to do everything. There must be participation and if possible collaboration with a possible solution.

A big hug.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
danielmaximiliano

Post by danielmaximiliano »

Hola Pablo :
es que VFP es distinto el IDE y mucho mas interactivo e intuitivo .
en el IDE actual necesita un pequeño pulido para muchos el IDE esta en perfectas condiciones porque no usan a FULL sus caracteristicas .

Pablo, te comento que puede obviar el uso del IDE solo usando Notepadd++ "Ejecutar" en conjunto con tu Build,bat y tu generador de formularios ;D

Translate Google

Hi, Pablo :
The VFP IDE is different and much more interactive and intuitive.
In the current IDE needs a little polishing for many the IDE is in perfect condition because they do not use FULL their features.
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´. (¸.·` *
.·`. Harbour/HMG : It's magic !
(¸.·``··*

Saludos / Regards
DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO

Whatsapp. := +54901169026142
Telegram Name := DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO
Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

Disculpame Daniel, no te entiendi bien.
danielmaximiliano wrote:es que VFP es distinto el IDE y mucho mas interactivo e intuitivo
Querés decir que nuestra IDE está hecha en Visual Fox Pro ?
en el IDE actual necesita un pequeño pulido para muchos el IDE esta en perfectas condiciones porque no usan a FULL sus caracteristicas
Ahhh si, no me importa lo que los otros hagan. Yo busco mejorias con las herramientas de trabajo. Por eso, elaboro muchas herramientas de apoyo para que sea práctico mi programacion y uso mucho parametros. Fijate por ejemplo el View_Error.exe, el View_FMG.exe, el mismo Notepad++, el Stru.exe, el Dbu.exe. Todos trabajan con parametros. Hasta el mismo Word, Excel... Para mi el uso del View_Error (este aqui) es muy bueno, muy práctico pero no veo otros que comenten al respecto. Muy dinámico se vuelve mi trabajo con el uso dél.
Pablo, te comento que puede obviar el uso del IDE solo usando Notepadd++ "Ejecutar" en conjunto con tu Build,bat y tu generador de formularios
Ahhh si, ya lo hé probado. No sé bien en que me puede ayudar en la compilaciones pero entiendo que el Notepad++ puede ayudar. Lo uso mucho para abrir el Explorer, copias full path, cmd... pero uso la IDE para compilar, es muy prático (cuando no hay oparametros a usar, claro).

Gracias por tu interés. :)

--- Google translated ---

Sorry Daniel, I did not understand you very well.
danielmaximiliano wrote:is that VFP is different IDE and much more interactive and intuitive
You mean that our IDE is made in Visual Fox Pro ?
in the current IDE needs a little polishing for many the IDE is in perfect conditions because they do not use FULL their features
Ahhh yes, I do not care what others do. I look for improvements with the tools of work. That is why I have developed many support tools to make my programming very practical and use a lot of parameters. Look for example View_Error.exe, View_FMG.exe, Same Notepad ++, Stru.exe, Dbu.exe. All work with parameters. To the same Word, Excel ... For me the use of the View_Error (this one) is very good, very practical but I do not see others commenting to this respect. Very dynamic becomes my work with the use of it.
Pablo, I comment that you can ignore the use of IDE only using Notepadd ++ "Run" in conjunction with your Build, bat and your forms generator
Ahhh yes, I've already tried it. I'm not sure how I can help with compilations but I understand that Notepad ++ can help. I use it a lot to open the Explorer, full path copies, cmd ... but I use the IDE to compile, it is very practical (when there are no options to use, of course).

Thank you for your interest in it. :)
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein