Project Free HRD & Payroll Application

You can share your experience with HMG. Share with some screenshots/project details so that others will also be benefited.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

serge_girard
DBs Used: 1 MySQL - MariaDB
2 DBF

Re: Project Free HRD & Payroll Application

Post by serge_girard »

Agil,

You have woken up a beast... !

S
There's nothing you can do that can't be done...
Agil Abdullah

Post by Agil Abdullah »

<continue from previous>

If multiple clients are serviced, the server continually monitors for service requests. The server queues each request as it is received, ensuring all the clients receive the temperature data they request. The application queues each client and services it in a first-come-first-serve (First In First Out -- FIFO) manner. Once the queue is empty, the server continues to wait for new clients. The monitoring process is best broken into two components. One component detects the requests and queues up each client. The second component processes each queued client and performs the task requested one at a time. In this case, the server returns the temperature.

Processing clients one-at-at-time may be suitable for a simple temperature monitoring application. Simultaneously servicing clients is important for more complicated requests that can take a longer time, or if you expect a large number of clients. However, client requests still need to be queued however you design the component that processes the actual request. Servicing each client in different and independent threads or processes can accomplish this.

Some applications require that you give different clients different priorities. A temperature monitoring system can have passive clients, which display the temperature at any given time, and active clients that query the temperature and process it as part of a larger application. You may need to prioritize the active clients over the passive clients. To do this the server must have a method to identify, differentiate, and authenticate the clients requesting service.

To be serviced effectively, the client program must work with the interface or protocol defined by the server. The client program for each of the application architectures described is very similar. In each case the client program must send a temperature request message and must understand the reply from the server. In the case of a server servicing a single remote client or a server servicing multiple clients in a FIFO manner, the client programs have no noticeable difference in architecture. However, a client program interacting with a server that prioritizes different clients has a request mechanism that includes parameters for identification and authentication. This could be as simple as adding two parameters to the temperature request message for an ID and a password that the server can verify.

The server defines the interface for communication between the client and server programs. A well designed interface only exposes how to send messages, what messages are supported, and what the response to each message is to the client. The server is also developed in a modular fashion, separating the message handling mechanism from the functional component processing the request itself. Therefore, you can update the functional component of the server without affecting any clients. This modular approach to a client-server application provides a distributed application for remote temperature monitoring that you can maintain and update without affecting each client and server component.

Finish.

My comment:

I guess that Serge, Rathinagiri, Mustafa, Roberto Lopez are principally agree with the article. That's we are heading for by revising source-progs of Manpower, little by little with their help to implement it with HMG.

Regards
Agil Abdullah Albatati (just call me Agil)
Programmer Never Surrender
Agil Abdullah

Post by Agil Abdullah »

While working hard to revise source-progs to meet higher standard,
let's be relaxed.

Nothing wrong to include Bos Taurus Library to do exercises with drawing & images beside rigid numbers on Payroll.
Attachments
Hmgpower.png
Hmgpower.png (796.98 KiB) Viewed 5816 times
esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Post by esgici »

serge_girard wrote:Agil,

S
+1

A monster never surrender :arrow:
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
serge_girard
2 DBF

Post by serge_girard »

Yes, and remember Dr. Frankenstein....
S
Agil Abdullah

Post by Agil Abdullah »

Serge wrote:

S
Relax... I would say something in my mind about movie: "The Beast And The Beatiful" :)

Esgici wrote:

+1

A monster never surrender :arrow:
Relax.... One more thing about movie: "I know What You Did Last Summer" :)

Many-many thanks for your attention.
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

At first, there is NETIO samples in HMG and Harbour distributions, that you can check.

NETIO is very simple

Minimal example:

In client application:

Code: Select all

cNetServer := '127.0.0.1' // local server or any addres (even Internet)
nNetPort := 65000 // you can choose any you want
cNetPass := 'secret' // Idem

lConnect := netio_connect( cNetServer , nNetPort ,, cNetPass, 9 )
		IF .Not. lConnect
			MSGSTOP('NETIO Connect Error!')
			RETURN
		ENDIF

aQuery := netio_funcexec( "remote_query" )

netio_disconnect( cNetServer , nNetPort )

FOR I := 1 TO LEN (aQuery)
			Form.Grid.Additem(aQuery[i]) 
		NEXT I                                                                          
Server app (console, multi-threaded in this sample):

Code: Select all

proc main()
   local pSockSrv , nPort , cIfAddr, cRootDir, lRPC, cPasswd, nCompressionLevel, nStrategy

cls 

nPort		:= 65000 // or anyone you like
   cIfAddr		:= '0.0.0.0'
   cRootDir		:= '.'
   lRPC			:= .T.
   cPasswd		:= 'secret' 
   nCompressionLevel	:= 9
   nStrategy		:= NIL

pSockSrv := NETIO_MTSERVER( nPort , cIfAddr , cRootDir , lRPC , cPasswd , nCompressionLevel , nStrategy )
	if empty( pSockSrv )
		? "Can't startl server !!!"
		wait "Press any key to exit..."
		quit
	endif

? 'NETIO Server Started!'

hb_idleSleep( 0.1 )

DO WHILE .T.

INKEY(0)

IF LASTKEY() == 27 // Esc
			? 'Stopping...'
			netio_serverstop( pSockSrv, .t. )
			EXIT
		ELSE
			LOOP
		ENDIF

ENDDO

CLS

ALERT('SERVER STOPPED!')

return

*************************************************************************************************

Function remote_query()

Local aRecordset := {} 

use test shared

do while .not. eof()

aadd( aRecordset , { field01 , field02 , field03 ] )

skip

enddo

use

return aRecordset

************************************************************************************************

Of course, in real world, you will not return an entire table. You should send to server, an expression to select desired records to return.

This scheme is EXTREMELY FAST over the internet.

This is very reliable too, since the server app and the dbf files are in the same PC (The server). So, from the server app POV, all the files are local.

I'm using this scheme without any problem for the last years.

The best way to get server app built, is to download Harbour binaries and work from NETIO samples folder. It will built ok there.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
serge_girard
2 DBF

Post by serge_girard »

Thanks Roberto!

Serge
gvaronas

Post by gvaronas »

Hola Roberto:
Tal como lo haz explicado es realmente muy sencillo el uso de NetIO.
Mis dudas están por el lado de la aplicación del servidor, en el ejemplo que haz descrito no utilizas el hbnetio.exe que viene con la distribución de harbour, en su lugar haz creado tu propia aplicación servidora.
¿Qué ventajas y/o desventajas implica el uso del servidor que viene con la distribución de harbour?

[Google]
Hi Roberto:
As explained beam is actually very simple to use netio.
My doubts are on the side of the server application, in the example you've described does not use the hbnetio.exe that comes with the distribution of harbour, in the beam spot created your own application server.
What advantages and / or disadvantages associated with using the server that comes with the distribution of harbor?

TIA

BestRegards
GVS
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

gvaronas wrote:Hola Roberto:
Tal como lo haz explicado es realmente muy sencillo el uso de NetIO.
Mis dudas están por el lado de la aplicación del servidor, en el ejemplo que haz descrito no utilizas el hbnetio.exe que viene con la distribución de harbour, en su lugar haz creado tu propia aplicación servidora.
¿Qué ventajas y/o desventajas implica el uso del servidor que viene con la distribución de harbour?

[Google]
Hi Roberto:
As explained beam is actually very simple to use netio.
My doubts are on the side of the server application, in the example you've described does not use the hbnetio.exe that comes with the distribution of harbour, in the beam spot created your own application server.
What advantages and / or disadvantages associated with using the server that comes with the distribution of harbor?

TIA

BestRegards
GVS
I've not tested NETIO server included with Harbour, but I'm sure that it is ok.

Simply, I like to have more control over things, so, I've preferred to create my own server, to add to it a customized logs, interface, etc.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)