Notepad++ Installation / UpGrade

Utilities like DBU, Make, IDE written in HMG/ used to create HMG based applications

Moderator: Rathinagiri

dragancesu
DBs Used: DBF, MySQL, Oracle

Post by dragancesu »

When I installed the HMG and got notepad++ editor, great work and recognizes that syntax Harbour and color commands and keywords, I've always used the regular editor and I thought this was interesting. And then there was a notification that a new version of Notepad++, which I downloaded and installed but harbour no longer supported as a language in the language menu

I did not need but as we have the opportunity I will ask how to add a new language, that is to be transferred from a previous version?

[u]Moderator Notes[/u] (Pablo César) wrote:Subject was re-edited just to have better understanding of Topic title.
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Re: notepad++

Post by Rathinagiri »

Where did you install the update of the notepad++?

In the old location (ie hmg folder) or program files?
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
dragancesu
DBs Used: DBF, MySQL, Oracle

Post by dragancesu »

HMG install on c:\hmg , Notepad++ on c:\hmg\notepad++
Update install on the same folder c:\hmg\notepad++ ver 6.4.3
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Post by Rathinagiri »

I too have installed the same way. And once I restarted the notepad++, the update is fine and syntax highlighting also worked.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Post by esgici »

I have a problem with it, I hope that you would help me :

When I install HMG, settings made previously ( by Setting\Preference, Style Configurator ... ) goes away (been lost) :(

How can I preserve them ?

TIA
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
Pablo César

Notepad++ Language Help (HMG / Harbour)

Post by Pablo César »

Thanks Esgici, your wellcome ! :)
esgici wrote:When I install HMG, settings made previously ( by Setting\Preference, Style Configurator ... ) goes away (been lost) :(

This is a good question. But let me study a bit more and I will answer later. At begining we will not have this problems by make Notepad++ installation in %APPDATA%\notepad++ folder or let say "Program Files" (in English) where Notepad++ appoint to be installed at first installation by default. I have not problems about it, because my installation is in %APPDATA%\notepad++ folder. But let me see the best solution for all of us.

Thank you for you interest ! I will revert (probably in another topic Notepad++ Installation / UpGrade) ;)
HMGing a better world
"Matter tells space how to curve, space tells matter how to move."
Albert Einstein
esgici

Re: Notepad++ Language Help (HMG / Harbour)

Post by esgici »

Pablo César wrote:Thanks Esgici, your wellcome ! :)
esgici wrote:When I install HMG, settings made previously ( by Setting\Preference, Style Configurator ... ) goes away (been lost) :(

This is a good question. But let study a bit more and I will answer later. At begining we will not have this problems by make Notepad++ installation in %APPDATA%\notepad++ folder or let say "Program Files" (in English) where Notepad++ appoint to be installed at first installation by default. I have not problems about it, because my installation is in %APPDATA%\notepad++ folder. But let me see the best solution for all of us.

Thank you for you interest ! I will revert (probably in another topic Notepad++ Installation / UpGrade) ;)
Yes, you are right; when Notepad++ installed by his official setup program, no such problem occurs.

But I'm using installed (and come with HMG) version, (because I want being synchronized with HMG); probably my problem arise with that.

TIA
Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

esgici wrote:when Notepad++ installed by his official setup program, no such problem occurs.

But I'm using installed (and come with HMG) version, (because I want being synchronized with HMG); probably my problem arise with that.
Yes for this reason that I am still looking for a better solution and I kindly ask you a time before you and any one else could change installation place. Otherwise there is not meaning to have Notepad++ as sub-folder of HMG installation or probably to include only HMG and Harbour particular files just for configuration only. But first I would like to assess the resources that Notepadd++ offers. ;)
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
esgici

Post by esgici »

esgici wrote: ... when Notepad++ installed by his official setup program, no such problem occurs...
After a bit thinking, I'm not sure for this; this was years ago, may be I remember wrong :(

TIA
Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

In Win7 and newest Windows version probably you will use in following path:

<user>\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++

At dot prompt type:

echo %APPDATA%

just to check if exist any sub-folder with name Notepad++.

Please all information of anyone can be collected as in different situation will be appreciated to be shared. ;)
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein