what is best practise?

You can share your experience with HMG. Share with some screenshots/project details so that others will also be benefited.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

dragancesu
DBs Used: DBF, MySQL, Oracle

what is best practise?

Post by dragancesu »

I'm new here, HMG learning recently and I'm looking at other people's programs. I see that many examples were made in version PRG/FMG, separate program and look, and users often use a variant that everything written in the PRG
I know the advantages and disadvantages of both, but what do you recommend? Or why do you do that?
esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Re: what is best practise?

Post by esgici »

dragancesu wrote:I'm new here, HMG learning recently and I'm looking at other people's programs. I see that many examples were made in version PRG/FMG, separate program and look, and users often use a variant that everything written in the PRG
I know the advantages and disadvantages of both, but what do you recommend? Or why do you do that?
It will be not quite right setting some rules and making recommendations in this area, I think.

HMG IDE is a wonderful tool as project manager and as a form designer. Forms designed under HMG-IDE are .fmg files and provide a very handy system to programmer. There isn't any reason for don't utilize it.

Sometimes, especially for some simple and urgent tasks, writing everything manually, or copy pasting something from other places may be more practical.

This is why there are programs written in two different way, in general.

In other way, programmer may be accustomed and/or preferred one of two way by one reason or another.

IMHO in programming , the important is the result, not ways ;)

Happy HMG'ing :D
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Post by Rathinagiri »

I do agree with Esgici. :)
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
quartz565

Post by quartz565 »

Translation by Google

I do not agree entirely.

I believe that when someone starts programming with HMG is the easiest way to start with IDE and form files.

But I see that most experienced programmers that almost all examples are without form files. So there is lot more examples of programs in relation to those with form files.

This creates a small but real problem when someone wont programming with IDE files and form files: is not so easily to watch later “advanced” ‘straight' programs.

So it's good to know someone from the beginning what may be this small "problem” , which he will face if started programming with IDE and form files.

But, as you start one thing is certain: that we will find many willing friends who will help you in everything your problem is either with forms or not... :D
Nikos
Best Regards,
Nikos.