VIEW BUILD.LOG

You can share your experience with HMG. Share with some screenshots/project details so that others will also be benefited.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Pablo César

VIEW BUILD LOG

Post by Pablo César »

Antes de todo, gracias Daniel por informar los errores ocurrido. :)
danielmaximiliano wrote:Compilo y ejecuto View Build Log.exe y esta esta ventana tengo
que hacer click 20 veces para cerrarla
No hé conseguido reproducir los 20 errores. Pero por lo que hé analisado, el VBL (View_Build_Log) comenzaba con las variables con contenido default:

cEditor := "C:\hmg.3.1.1\Notepad++\Notepad++.exe"
cIDE := "C:\hmg.3.1.1\IDE\IDE.exe"

Y lo que debe estar ocurriendo que no encontraba dichas carpetas. Esto lo hé corregido y mejorado, añadiendo cNewestHMGVersion:=SearchIDE() al comienzo. Porque si es la primera vez que se ejecuta el VBL, precisará confirmar las carpetas y archivos de CONFIGuracion. Mismo no siendo la primera vez al ejecutar el VBL, tienes que conferir si todavia existen dichas carpetas y archivos definidos en el CONFIG.

El archivo Build.bat estaba desactualizado, apuntando para la carpeta del C:\hmg.3.1.0 y en esta version, no posue el carchivo HMG_UNICODE.h que el Dr. Claudio definió en la ultima version. El VBL ahora lo utiliza en código C (rutinas de identificacion de ventanas).
despues si quiero cambiar de editor favorito a Notepad++ por mi editor en este caso Crimson Esmerald(cedit.exe) no me deja.
Si Daniel, estaba como default y absoluto el nombre "Notepad++" (juro que no fué una intencion tendenciosa... :lol: ). Pero ya fué corregido para que acepte otro editor que asi deberia haber sido. No te olvides de encontrar el parametro para que abra el editor comenzando en la linea que será pasado como parametro. Asi el editor vá directamente en la linea donde está presentando errores. Creo que es el parametro /L para el editor Crimson Esmerald ( Crimson Editor – Help Topics – Command Line Options )
gracias por inmejorable trabajo que hacen.
Muchas gracias, Daniel. Espero que sea util y podamos mejorarlo cada vez más. Asi que si encuentran algun otro bug, por favor estaremos a disposicion para reparo.

--- Translated for English

First of all, thanks Daniel for reporting errors occurred. :)
danielmaximiliano wrote: compiled and run View Build Log.exe and this I have this window
click to close it 20 times
I have not managed to reproduce the 20 errors. But from what I've analyzed, the VBL (View_Build_Log) began with the variables with default content:

cEditor: = "C:\hmg.3.1.1\Notepad + +\Notepad++.exe"
cIDE: = "C:\hmg.3.1.1\IDE\IDE.exe"

And what should be happening could not find those folders. This I have corrected and improved by adding cNewestHMGVersion:=SearchIDE() at the beginning of source code. Because if it's the first time you run the VBL, you will need to confirm and specify folders and files at CONFIGuration TAB. Even not been first time at VBL running, it must check if there are still those folders and files defined in the CONFIG.

File Build.bat was outdated, defined as compiler folder like as C:\hmg.3.1.0 and in this version, there is not the HMG_UNICODE.h file that Dr. Claudio defined in the latest version. VBL uses in the updated code C (Windows identification routines).
then if I want to change favorite editor to Notepad + + for my editor here Crimson Emerald (cedit.exe) will not let me.
You are right Daniel, it was as default and exclusive name "Notepad++" (I swear I do not was an intention biased... :lol: ). But it was corrected to accept another editor (that it is as it should have been). Do not forget to find the parameter editor to open the in starting line that will be passed as a parameter. So your source's editor should goes directly on the line where mistakes are showing in Build.log/Error.log. I think for Crimson Emerald editor it's the / L that you need to let defined. ( Crimson Editor – Help Topics – Command Line Options )
thanks for excellent work they do.
Thank you, Daniel. I hope it is useful and can be improved even more. So if you find some other bug, please we will be at disposal for repair.

Here´s ChangeLog:

Code: Select all

- View_Build_Log version 2.12 2012/12/05 - Contributed by Pablo César Arrascaeta
  * Fixed: BUG when not found HMG default name folder. Tab will be positioned.
  * Enhanced: Locate HMG newest folder as default
Attachments
View_Build_Log.rar
Version 2.12
(879.91 KiB) Downloaded 723 times
Last edited by Pablo César on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.
HMGing a better world
"Matter tells space how to curve, space tells matter how to move."
Albert Einstein
Pablo César

Re: VIEW BUILD.LOG

Post by Pablo César »

srvet_claudio wrote:
rathinagiri wrote:Can I have the permission to include this utility in the next version of HMG by default?
Yes of course.
Sorry Dr. Claudio, I had to make my words your words.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Post by esgici »

Hi Pablo and Claudio,

When you will began your own Project Builder :?:

( An IDE without Form Designer )

IMHO this will be easier than struggling on a non-source application.

TIA
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
srvet_claudio

Post by srvet_claudio »

Pablo César wrote:
srvet_claudio wrote:
rathinagiri wrote:Can I have the permission to include this utility in the next version of HMG by default?
Yes of course.
Sorry Dr. Claudio, I had to make my words your words.
Ok, no problem.
Best regards.
Dr. Claudio Soto
(from Uruguay)
http://srvet.blogspot.com
Pablo César

VIEW BUILD LOG

Post by Pablo César »

esgici wrote:An IDE without Form Designer
I can not see IDE without a Form designer... for me it is essential to have it (same opinion as many colleagues here). At meantime, I use tools that I can get freely and I wish for better enviroment place for working.

If Mr. Roberto do not wish to public IDE sources, he should have him own reasons. It is hard when it is no possible to make changes on it, but what to do ? Probably we shall think to work on Walter Formigoni IDE. I tried to start something but it is with error compiling. :cry:

I would like to work on in HMG IDE for improvements but with form designer, no way without it.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
hmgchang

Post by hmgchang »

I use the build.log file to see the compile errors...
but since everything is converted to upppercase and sometime confusing,
such as CONCHANGE ( cOnChange) or DONTAGIN ( dOnTagIn).
Any possibility to keep varibles name without convert to uppercase ?

thks n rgds
Chang
Just Hmg It !