Why I hate report generators ? :)

Source code related resources

Moderator: Rathinagiri

luisvasquezcl

Re: Why I hate report generators ? :)

Post by luisvasquezcl »

Hola Roberto,
Muchos de nosotros pasamos la odisea de trabajar con lenguajes como Cobol, RPG (yo no lo conocía), pascal, y un largo etc. que no te facilitaban precisamente la tarea de programar, sobre todo cobol... tuve que ir al psicologo para superar el trauma :lol: uffff ...
Pero como siempre, nos sorprendes con novedades :D ...
probé ambas versiones del report y está genial. sobre todo por la simpleza de las instrucciones, que es lo que me atrajo a trabajar con Minigui desde casi el principio; admiro tu capacidad de estructurar y simplificar las cosas.
Estoy de acuerdo con lo que decia otro colega anteriormente, sería interesante que trabajara con arrays también.
Bueno, gracias por este gran avance que por lo que veo es la semilla para un diseñador de reports....
Saludos cordiales,
Luis Vásquez.

ENGLISH BY GOOGLE.

Hello Roberto,
Many of us spent the ordeal of working with languages such as Cobol, RPG (I do not know), Pascal, and a long etcetera. do not provide precisely the task of programming, especially COBOL ... I had to go to overcome the psychological trauma: lol: ... uffff
But as always, surprises us with new features: D ...
I tried both versions of the report and it is great. especially for the simplicity of the instructions, which is what attracted me to work almost from the beginning Miniguía; admire your ability to organize and simplify things.
I agree with what another colleague said earlier, it would be interesting to work with arrays too.
Well, thank you for this great step forward which I see is the seed for a designer reports ....
Best regards,
Luis Vásquez.
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

luisvasquezcl wrote:Well, thank you for this great step forward which I see is the seed for a designer reports ....
Thanks for your kind words and... I know... everybody is thinking in a visual report designer... :)

Regards,

Roberto.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Post by Rathinagiri »

Roberto Lopez wrote:
rathinagiri wrote: 3. A variable for the total pages like _totalpages. It will help to print like "Page Number 5 of 10"
This could be a problem, since the table to report could be filtered and/or indexed, so, the only way to know the total report pages prior to generate the report is use the COUNT command to know record count and then calculate the pages. The problem is that this process could be very slow on big tables (remember that I supposing filtered/indexed tables).

Regards,

Roberto.
Yes, I understand Roberto. On the other hand, can we give the total number of rows that can be printed in a page? In that case, the user, if he wants would find out the total number of rows.

This feature is essential for control purpose, ie., we don't know whether the end of report has reached or not by seeing a page.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

rathinagiri wrote: Yes, I understand Roberto. On the other hand, can we give the total number of rows that can be printed in a page? In that case, the user, if he wants would find out the total number of rows.
You should know the total record count to print anyway and this is the problem.

IMHO, it could be done but, it should be optional, so the user will be responsible for the eventual delay.

Perhaps a method (calculate) could do the thing.

Regards,

Roberto.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
luisvasquezcl

Post by luisvasquezcl »

Estimado Roberto,
Calcular el total de lineas es complicado, por los filtros, por los campos memo, etc.
IMHO ( aprendi que significa :lol: .... gracias a esgici ), creo que deberías dejarlo de responsabilidad del programador entregar ese dato ya que al automatizarlo el calculo en listados cortos no es problema pero si es muy largo el tiempo de espera en ese proceso puede llegar a ser considerable.
Saludos,
Luis Vasquez

Dear Roberto,
Calculate the total of lines is complicated by the filters, the memo field, etc.
IMHO (I learned that means: lol: .... thank esgici), I think you should leave the responsibility of the programmer and to deliver that information to automate the calculation in short list is no problem but it is very long waiting time this process can be considerable.
Greetings,
Luis Vasquez
Rathinagiri

Post by Rathinagiri »

Thanks Roberto. Exactly the same I too had thought of.

I think, as of now, we have many more preferences than this to handle. :) Go ahead.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
sudip

Post by sudip »

Hello Roberto,
I tested latest version. Very good. Thanks a lot.
rathinagiri wrote:I think, as of now, we have many more preferences than this to handle. :) Go ahead.
I also agree with Rathi. Please go ahead.
With best regards.
Sudip
With best regards,
Sudip
jrendon

Post by jrendon »

Master

Estos dos dias que me desconecte del foro me encuentro con muchas novedades, creo que este generador de reportes es de lo mas buscado por cualquier programador, uno como programador hace sus propias funciones pero en tu caso la forma de simplificar el codigo es lo maximo. gracias a mi nombre y creo que el de todos (La gran comunidad HMG y Open Source) por poder darnos este tipo de material.

Master siempre le estaremos agradeciendo por su enseñanza.

Saludos.
Juan Rendón

Master

These two days I am off the forum with many new features, I think this kind of reporting is the most searched for any programmer, a programmer makes its own functions, but in your case, how to simplify the code is the maximum. thanks to my name and I think all (the great Open Source community and HMG) to be able to give us this kind of material.

Master will always be grateful for his education.

Greetings.
Juan Rendon
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

Hi All,

A new version of the report generator (attached to this message).

I've added grouping and custom paper size support.

Enjoy!

Roberto.
Attachments
report3.rar
(18.9 KiB) Downloaded 555 times
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Rathinagiri

Post by Rathinagiri »