(¸.·``··*

Saludos / Regards
DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO

Whatsapp. := +54901169026142
Telegram Name := DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO
MICROVOLUTION

Re: My HMG Learning Experience

Post by MICROVOLUTION »

uauuu... primeiro material que encontro com dicas para iniciantes como eu e tantos outros!
parabéns!
asharpham
DBs Used: DBF

Post by asharpham »

Hello all. I'm very new to this forum and one of the first messages I read was Danny's story at the begining of this thread. I found it helpful and encouraging and felt I should follow Danny's example. But I got stuck on the first line where he says "I set aside time to first read HMG manual". Where do I find this manual? Is it something I buy or is it somewhere online?

I downloaded the HMG/Harbour zip file and unzipped it into the hmg.3.4.4 folders, then created the MySourceCode folder as instructed. But because I have never coded in the Windows environament, I have found it a struggle to understand some of the references I come across. I was relatively competent in Clipper but would by no means call myself a good programmer. Nevertheless, what I created worked (I wrote a a suite of modules to create schedules for a radio station). But who wants to work in DOS these days! :D

Danny also says "Then I check how Harbour (without HMG and no third party clipper library), can compile pure Clipper code". Can it? Where do I find the "Harbour without HMG" compiler to try it out as Danny did?

Regards to everyone!
Alan
mustafa
DBs Used: DBF

Post by mustafa »

Hola Alan
Harbour-Clipper
View
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=5571&p=54441&hilit=mustafa#p54441
HMG ---> Folder c:\hmg.3.4.4\DOC ---> hmgdoc.htm
and