MDB instead DBF

General Help regarding HMG, Compilation, Linking, Samples

Moderator: Rathinagiri

franco
DBs Used: DBF

Re: MDB instead DBF

Post by franco »

wow big system.
You can not allow people to open the tables with other programs. You should find a way to lock the folder on the server to only you or your program.
I try to use wait window where ever there may be a long update.
I also advise clients no wireless on workstations.
All The Best,
Franco
Canada
mol

Post by mol »

If you want to seperate your clients from .DBF you can try LetoDBF - with a minimum work to change code.
If you have more time - try your own NETIO server.
I've tried netio and I abondoned it for LETO - it's easier
apais

Post by apais »

And it is FAST.
Angel Pais
Web Apps consultant/architect/developer.
trmpluym

Post by trmpluym »

I also switched to LetoDbf for my multiuser system because of speed problems, see:

http://www.hmgforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5056
vlademiro

Post by vlademiro »

há muito tempo tive a oportunidade de conhecer pessoas que eram responsaveis por um sistema em Msaccess de uma grande empresa. o msaccess não é cliente servidor, por isso o trafego de dados na rede é intenso. Eles estavam planejando migrar para Sqlserver. No seu caso pode ser um banco cliente servidor como PostgreSQL, Sqlserver, Oracle, MariaDb, etc. Só não vá se empolgar com as triggers e store procedures porque elas podem deixar o banco lento. Já pensou em usar um RDD ? RDDs tornam a migração menos dolorosa.

Google Translator

a long time ago I had the opportunity to meet people who were responsible for an Msaccess system for a large company. msaccess is not a client server, so data traffic on the network is intense. They were planning to migrate to Sqlserver. In your case it can be a client server bank like PostgreSQL, Sqlserver, Oracle, MariaDb, etc. Just don't get excited about the triggers and store procedures because they can slow down the bank. Have you thought about using an RDD? RDDs make migration less painful.
vlademiro

Post by vlademiro »

A Rdd example: http://www.otc.pl/