conect sqlite in ftp

General Help regarding HMG, Compilation, Linking, Samples

Moderator: Rathinagiri

jairpinho

conect sqlite in ftp

Post by jairpinho »

Hi, I'm working on ftp, I've checked several example tests but I have not tried it, I need to list the files inside a folder on an ftp server and connect to one of them, the second function is to connect directly to an sqlite file on an ftp server, I know what I need to use in IDE to work with ftp, as I found post about being needed a dll walks .ch files, in setup in ide using libs = hbcurl?
Jair Pinho
HMG ALTA REVOLUÇÃO xBASE
HMG xBASE REVOLUTION HIGH
http://www.hmgforum.com.br
edk

Re: conect sqlite in ftp

Post by edk »

Honestly, I do not really know how you want to connect to a sqlite file on an FTP server?
FTP rather does not allow direct work with the file, but only serves to exchange files between the server and the client. Typical operations are: list, upload, download, rename, delete, etc.
Unless you want to download the file from the FTP server, locally handle it, and send it back to FTP.
dragancesu
DBs Used: DBF, MySQL, Oracle

Post by dragancesu »

+1
vagblad
DBs Used: MySQL,DBF

Post by vagblad »

Unless i am mistaken your only good bet is to download the file in the background and then do whatever you want with it. If you want it only for reading purposes you can delete the file instantly if not, you apply the changes to the local file and then reupload it to ftp. But the whole write procedure has lots of dangers. Ftp protocol doesnt allow "direct" connect to a file, as EDK said it only serves for exchange purposes.
Vagelis Prodromidis
Email: vagblad@gmail.com, Skype: vagblad
danielmaximiliano

Post by danielmaximiliano »

jairpinho wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:32 am Hi, I'm working on ftp, I've checked several example tests but I have not tried it, I need to list the files inside a folder on an ftp server and connect to one of them
http://www.marinas-tools.com.ar/index. ... o&Itemid=7
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´. (¸.·` *
.·`. Harbour/HMG : It's magic !
(¸.·``··*

Saludos / Regards
DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO

Whatsapp. := +54901169026142
Telegram Name := DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO