hb_sendmail

General Help regarding HMG, Compilation, Linking, Samples

Moderator: Rathinagiri

jairpinho

hb_sendmail

Post by jairpinho »

Hello, I've used the hb_sendmail () function in the past and it worked very well and simply, but now I'm trying to use it again with servers that do not use ssl and it does not work, with ssl gmail, yahoo and does not work, it includes all commented libs At the forum :
libs = hbtip
libs = hbssl
libs = libeay32
libs = ssleay32
however it compiles the program but does not send the email and does not show error, follow the attached project example.
TipMail.rar
(2.01 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
Jair Pinho
HMG ALTA REVOLUÇÃO xBASE
HMG xBASE REVOLUTION HIGH
http://www.hmgforum.com.br
edk

Re: hb_sendmail

Post by edk »

Try to change the security settings on your gmail account.
My test gmail account works correctly.
BTW IMO passwords that contain the @ character do not work correctly with hb_sendmail.

Franco probably had a similar problem: viewtopic.php?p=51505#p51505
Attachments
TipMail.7z
(591.76 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
franco
DBs Used: DBF

Post by franco »

If anyone can find another way to get this to work, please post. Setting the security for less secure apps off worked for me, but I only wanted it to work for one less secure app (mine).
Franco
All The Best,
Franco
Canada
edk

Post by edk »

I do not know if we can do this, according to this information https://support.google.com/accounts/ans ... 0255?hl=en even MS Outlook is not a secure email client.
Anand

Post by Anand »

Hi franco,

When you send email through gmail smtp, then google treats the connection as non-secure no matter what application you use. I have done in many other languages including .Net, Xbase++ etc. You have to "allow non-secure" for that gmail credential you are using for sending the email.

I have found a way by creating a gmail a/c only for this purpose and allow non-secure apps. I use this gmail a/c to send email from all my mail apps.

Regards,

Anand
Regards,

Anand

jairpinho

Post by jairpinho »

Hello everyone, what the Franco is asking and the same as I think, there is some simpler way to send email without ssl on port 587 for example, without using the DLLs in the folder as it was at the beginning of hb_sendmail, maybe via CDO or CURL with hmg if someone has an example with these two options CDO and CURL to have some more mail options not just being hb_sendmail
Jair Pinho
HMG ALTA REVOLUÇÃO xBASE
edk

Post by edk »

jairpinho wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:12 am Hello everyone, what the Franco is asking and the same as I think, there is some simpler way to send email without ssl on port 587 for example, without using the DLLs in the folder as it was at the beginning of hb_sendmail, maybe via CDO or CURL with hmg if someone has an example with these two options CDO and CURL to have some more mail options not just being hb_sendmail
CDO with SSL support w/o external libs is here: viewtopic.php?p=51497#p51497
For testing, change the @ character to ! in the password of the smtp account.
CURL also needs external ssl libs, I think so.
jairpinho

Post by jairpinho »

edk wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:42 am
jairpinho wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:12 am Hello everyone, what the Franco is asking and the same as I think, there is some simpler way to send email without ssl on port 587 for example, without using the DLLs in the folder as it was at the beginning of hb_sendmail, maybe via CDO or CURL with hmg if someone has an example with these two options CDO and CURL to have some more mail options not just being hb_sendmail
CDO with SSL support w/o external libs is here: viewtopic.php?p=51497#p51497
For testing, change the @ character to ! in the password of the smtp account.
CURL also needs external ssl libs, I think so.

EDK, worked perfectly on port 587 without ssl and no port 465 with sssl in gmail, yahoo and private domain techworks, also works on windows 32bits and 64 bits and does not need any external file and no lib, great function
Jair Pinho
HMG ALTA REVOLUÇÃO xBASE
franco

Post by franco »

jairpinho,
can you post the lines you changed or added ... can not get to work in gmail without turning security down.
what is curl and did you use it.
thanks Franco
All The Best,
Franco
Canada
franco

Post by franco »

Anand, is it safe to turn down security if only using in hmg programs. Is recieveing return emails from this account safe.
Franco
All The Best,
Franco
Canada