Hello HMG!

General Help regarding HMG, Compilation, Linking, Samples

Moderator: Rathinagiri

melliott42

Hello HMG!

Post by melliott42 »

Hello All,

I used Clipper many years ago. I dabbled in xBase++ and just a bit of xHarbour but not until HMG have I been able to use it in a significant way. HMG looks great! :)

I feel like I have been through a long journey: Access, VB, .Net, Java finally to come home to Clipper\Harbour via HMG. HMG is magnitudes easier to write and maintain than any of the languages I mentioned. It is fun to program again!

:idea: HMG is a goldmine. Perhaps if programmers of the newer languages see it as a new programming paradigm and compare it to Java and .Net maybe it will make it hard to justify staying with these.

Clipper (and now Harbour\HMG) got a lot of things right. The bloatware development platforms of today have missed the boat entirely. Crazy is a numbers thing. If enough people use something it becomes the norm. The industry got used to Java\.Net not having a clear alternative. Perhaps this was a result of marketing and intimidation...who knows. When compared to HMG, it is sad what the industry has accepted as a "good" programming solution.

Bravo HMG!

Michael
luisvasquezcl

Re: Hello HMG!

Post by luisvasquezcl »

Welcome Michael,
You are absolutely right.
New languages have just closed their doors to the majority of programmers developing systems of black boxes and objects.
Nothing better than a code more readable, clean and controlled.
Sincerely,
Luis Vasquez.
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Re: Hello HMG!

Post by Rathinagiri »

Hi Michael,

Welcome aboard. :)
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.