bmp image format does not display well on menu

General Help regarding HMG, Compilation, Linking, Samples

Moderator: Rathinagiri

jparada

bmp image format does not display well on menu

Post by jparada »

Translated by Google

Hi,

In a menu I am trying to use images in bmp format (is the only image format that accept for menu?), But despite having magenta background images and so I tried to green is not the filter that is transparent there's something to be done to the image is displayed correctly.

Thanks

Greetings
Javier
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Re: bmp image format does not display well on menu

Post by Roberto Lopez »

jparada wrote:Translated by Google

Hi,

In a menu I am trying to use images in bmp format (is the only image format that accept for menu?), But despite having magenta background images and so I tried to green is not the filter that is transparent there's something to be done to the image is displayed correctly.

Thanks

Greetings
Javier
HMG uses SetMenuItemBitmaps function to show images in menu items.

Official reference about this function is here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... S.85).aspx

The short answer, based on my own experience is that for Windows XP and earlier, 2 color bitmaps works well. For Vista, 16 color bitmaps can be used without problem.

Regards,

Roberto.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
jparada

Re: bmp image format does not display well on menu

Post by jparada »

Thanks for responding,

Apparently I managed to move around with the images now if you took the filter for the magenta background with transparency, but despite that, when viewed on the menu if the image is filtered and "transparent", but when navigate through the options is a variation of color. (annex picture for reference, I feel sorry for the image size, but I can see it well)

Why is this happening, also annexed the image files of evidence that I am using.

I appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Regards,
Javier
Attachments
Imgs.zip
(10.73 KiB) Downloaded 317 times