What is MiniGUI ?

General Help regarding HMG, Compilation, Linking, Samples

Moderator: Rathinagiri

esgici
DBs Used: DBF

What is MiniGUI ?

Post by esgici »

A short description of HMG for beginners.

"Le Roy" Roberto Lopez, founder and developer of HMG, say in HMG main page:

When Windows turned into the standard operating system for PC, I've got disappointed
with the new programming languages developed for it.

In my opinion, in most cases, these new languages constituted a step back in computer
science evolution, because, the code become bigger, less intuitive and more complex that
in previous generation.

Original xBase was powerful, simple and intuitive. It's Windows incarnations and new
mainstream Windows tools, loosed this features, turning the things more and more harder.

In 2000 I've discovered the Harbour project, a fully new, free multi-platform Clipper based
compiler.

Some time later, I've began experimenting with Harbour-C interface and MinGW compiler.
I've finally realized that my old "dream" could be possible. Create a free Windows tool with
the original xBase spirit (powerful, intuitive and easy to use).

Harbour MiniGUI is aimed to be "natural". The basic idea behind it, is let to the programmer
to express its ideas in a straight way, using a simple code, easy to write and easy to
maintain, turning its work more productive.

Harbour MiniGUI license is GPL+"Harbour Exception", so your use of that executable is in no
way restricted on account of linking the library code into it.

Harbour MiniGUI / HMG is a free / Open Source xBase WIN32 / GUI Development System for Windows platform. By adding this graphical library to Harbour compiler and MinGW, we have now a complete Windows programming tool. In short, Harbour + MiniGUI + MingW is a free Clipper for Windows.

Furthermore this freedom is not about giving up the quality; in contrast, this package has more stability and reliability than many commercial products.

Main direction of Harbour MiniGUI is same as original xBase spirit : being powerful, simple and intuitive.

Regards

esgici
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Re: What is MiniGUI ?

Post by Rathinagiri »

Nice explanation. Thanks.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.