One extra addition : Pablo's replacement of the Hyperlink control:

http://www.hmgforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5179

Theo
Anand
DBs Used: DBF

Re: Ready for next version?

Post by Anand »

Just one thing.
All the samples included should work out of box. Some gives error now, as reported here before.

Regards,

Anand
Regards,

Anand

fouednoomen
DBs Used: DBF, MySQL, MariaDB, SQLite, PostgreSQL, Oracle, ODBC

Post by fouednoomen »

Include a native connection option in maysql without using the dll
serge_girard
DBs Used: 1 MySQL - MariaDB
2 DBF

Post by serge_girard »

Rathi,

I don't know if it was mentioned allready:

- possibility to adjust columns names in grid-header (left-center-right) independend from grid-content. JUSTIFY {GRID_JTFY_LEFT} will place column-header + content left.

Serge
There's nothing you can do that can't be done...
jayadevu

Post by jayadevu »

Hello Friends,

I think Rathinagiri alone will not be able to implement all the changes, if any of us has some working code addressing the wish list, he can easily include the same in the next version after testing.

This of course is my personal opinion.

Warm regards,

Jayadev
trmpluym

Post by trmpluym »

Rathi,

A lot of the suggested changes are ready to use. If you like i can send you the modified 3.4.4 code.

This way you only have to test...

Let me know..

Theo
srvet_claudio

Post by srvet_claudio »

IMHO I think that the best way to test the changes is to launch a patch prior to the release of the next version
Best regards.
Dr. Claudio Soto
(from Uruguay)
http://srvet.blogspot.com
MICROVOLUTION

Post by MICROVOLUTION »

good evening Dr. Soto, Rathinagiri and other maintainers of this tool so precious that with each passing day I am admiring it even more.
Despite my difficulties in "dropping" the "procedural" way of programming, it is excellent.
Well, there Dr. Soto was in a forum where I participated: PCTOLEDO and told us about the new version 3.4.5.
I, in particular, feel honored to enter into this topic of suggestions.
And, as the author of the topic suggests, I will give my humble suggestions and explain the reasons:

1 - web development (php type), but mainly functionality with ANDROID (smpartphones and tablets).

Explanation:
when our parent language (clipper) was dropped by CA-CLIPPER, we were left behind. When it came to the developers who decided to create HMG's Harbor, Xharbour and Roberto Lopez, we were already out of phase again, as the world today "revolves around" the cloud and systems based on "www" and android. Hence the need for a huge leap in our language for us not to be ever again behind.
So I suggest, if you will allow me, that it is included in this version facilities of programming for ANDROID and interacting with DBF / NTX / CDX tables.

2 - That the IDE / HMG be improved to the point of being OOP (object oriented programming);
Explanation:
The delphi (objetc pascal) that was from Borland and now belongs to Embarcadero, has a very interactive IDE / RAD. I believe that if there is an "even more" effort by current HMG programmers (Roberto Lopez's successors such as Dr. Soto and Rathinagiri), with our help, our IDE / HMG can and much be improved. But start slowly, for example:
- If you want to create a form that has multiple LABELS, TEXTBOXs, BUTTONs, let the IDE at least allow us to do a CTRL-C / CTRL-V so they multiply more easily.
- now comes the suggestion of OOP in the IDE, that when we double click the mouse, the code is created automatically, just missing the additional details - as it is in DELPHI;
- when we click on the events and properties of each of the objects the features are more dynamic.

Well, I do not know if some of my suggestions will be possible at the moment, but, let's all think, we can not be "orphans" like the clipper with the break of COMPUTER ASSOCIATES that never did the "CLIPER FOR WINDOWS" VISUAL OBJECT ".

Thank you, and have a great day!
MICROVOLUTION, 14 years evolving with you!
Ismach
DBs Used: DBF, mySQL, Mariadb, postgreSQL, Oracle, Db2, Interbase, Firebird, and SQLite

Post by Ismach »

Amigos que quieran conectar Oracle vean ==> http://www.hmgforum.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 902#p56902
radohabjan

Post by radohabjan »

Hello ,

don't forget to correct QR Code bug :
http://www.hmgforum.com/viewtopic.php?f ... lit=qrcode

hb_zebra_draw ( hZebra, {| x, y, w, h | nBarWidth:=MAX(x+w-x1, nBarWidth), nBarHeight:=MAX(y+h-y1, nBarHeight) }, x1, y1, nLineWidth, nLineHeight, iFlags )

br Rado