HMG 3.4.0

HMG Unicode versions 3.1.x related

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Pablo César

Re: HMG 3.4.0

Post by Pablo César »

mol wrote:These functions were defined in InputWindow module, which is included in patch1 now!
I will check this. Is strange, IMHO should not. But let me see and I'll be back SAS.
HMGing a better world
"Matter tells space how to curve, space tells matter how to move."
Albert Einstein
mol

Post by mol »

I've tried some time ago this module, but never used it. I forgot about it. I've deleted inputwindow.prg from my app's directory and now it's OK.
Pablo César

HMG 3.4.0

Post by Pablo César »

mol wrote:I've tried some time ago this module, but never used it. I forgot about it. I've deleted inputwindow.prg from my app's directory and now it's OK.
You mean you have removed in your code when was #include "InputWindow.prg" ?
This will include your current InputWindow.prg and will cause these errors.

I have been used this #include "InputWindow.prg" in my demo, because it was needed an updated InputWindow.prg thru InputWindow2 function instead old HMG versions.

My_GetProperty function already exists at patched hmg 3.4.0 and is correct to be in HMG core as well. This function is responsable to get a width or height of header. I used in InputWindow, in this case, just to know which is the maximum width of column between header and cell containing.

_InplaceEditOpt function also is in the core too and used for simulating same behaviour of Grid EditOption settings.

This last version of InputWindow in the patch is much better conditioned to work in-place-edit feature of Grid.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
mol

Post by mol »

Yes, I've included your InputWindow.prg, but I didn't use it and I forgot about it.
Pablo César

HMG 3.4.0

Post by Pablo César »

mol wrote:Yes, I've included your InputWindow.prg, but I didn't use it and I forgot about it.
Ahhh rozumiem. Dzięki za wyjaśnienie. :)
Now InputWindow is much improved and retrocompatible. So it would be forget (not use) old InputWindow.prg, that now was just for demo proposes.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
mol

Post by mol »

Pablo César wrote:Ahhh rozumiem. Dzięki za wyjaśnienie. :)
What a surprising clear Polish language!
Pablo César wrote: Now InputWindow is much improved and retrocompatible. So it would be forget (not use) old InputWindow.prg, that now was just for demo proposes.
I know, but I had no time to learn it, I've decided to use my own old solutions.
Pablo César

HMG 3.4.0

Post by Pablo César »

mol wrote:
Pablo César wrote:Ahhh rozumiem. Dzięki za wyjaśnienie. :)
What a surprising clear Polish language!
Google power... :lol:
mol wrote:I know, but I had no time to learn it, I've decided to use my own old solutions.
Marek, it's no difficult. You can use the same way you have done in the past and for Grids being trying as following ways:
  1. InputWindow() (without any parameter). It will detect by itself all grid properties.

2. InputWindow(<cParentWindowName>,<cControlName>) (both parameters as regular character type variables).

3. InputWindow(<cParentWindowName>,<cControlName>,<anWidths>) (two character variables and one numeric array). This array will contain the total of columns with its width's size of each.
  4. InputWindow(<cParentWindowName>,<cControlName>,<anWidths>,<aHotKeys>) (two character variables, one numeric array and one composite array). This last array could contains the all parameters for Hot Key.
    For example:

abEscape:={ 0, VK_ESCAPE, {|| ThisWindow.Release() }
    abF1:={ 0, VK_F1, {|| My_Help() }
    ON DBLCLICK InputWindow(<cParentWindowName>,<cControlName>,<anWidths>,{abEscape,abF1})

or like this:

ON DBLCLICK InputWindow(,,,{abEscape, abF1})
  5. InputWindow(<cParentWindowName>,<cControlName>,<anWidths>,<aHotKeys>, nRow, nCol, aBackColor, aToolTips, aHotKeys, aStyles, bCode )
    This is the complete parameter sequence. The aHotKeys and aStyles parameters will be overwritten for grids propose.
Note with just calling InputWindow() (without any parameter) it's the easier way but if you want to change fields color, fonts and UDFs (defined user functions) you will need to implement with some more details.

All these info it is documented at new hmgdoc (patched version) of C:\hmg.3.4.0\DOC.

In case you find any troubles, please post in this topic all your doubts I'll be glad to answer to anyone. :)
Last edited by Pablo César on Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
bpd2000

Post by bpd2000 »

Where I can find final version of HMG.3.4.0 with all patch applied [32 and be Bit]
BPD
Convert Dream into Reality through HMG
esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Post by esgici »

bpd2000 wrote:Where I can find final version of HMG.3.4.0 with all patch applied [32 and be Bit]
May this post will help to your request.

Happy HMG'ing :D
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
Pablo César

HMG 3.4.0

Post by Pablo César »

bpd2000 wrote:Where I can find final version of HMG.3.4.0 with all patch applied [32 and be Bit]
Hi Dave,

You are in the right topic for it. All patches when are released are being done always in the same topic of each HMG version release. You do not need to look out for it.

In this last HMG version (3.4.0) there is only one patch released and you will find at:

viewtopic.php?p=41353#p41353

Is it clear now ?
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein