Case problem

Moderator: Rathinagiri

asharpham
DBs Used: DBF

Re: Case problem

Post by asharpham »

Dragan, you've mentioned "MODAL" instead of "MAIN" a couple of times - I can't find an explanation of this in the docs (although I'm sure it's there somewhere). All the samples I've seen are "MAIN". Can you explain the difference?

Thanks,
Alan
asharpham

Post by asharpham »

In your coding you have PROCEDURE PaintDisplay_4174 without "PARENT Win_1". Is this because it is called from inside the Window definition?

Also could GRID be used instead of BROWSE? My current use of LABELs & TEXTBOXes allow for editing without extra code. But it doesn't give a list of items and you have to click through using the "next " and "previous" arrows, etc.

Regards,
Alan
dragancesu
DBs Used: DBF, MySQL, Oracle

Post by dragancesu »

WINDOW can be main, modal, child, panel, see examples

But only one program can be main, they are different
I have an application for creating forms and reports, when the program works independently, then the main, when the test passes and calls from the menu, becomes the modal

Look at the documentation for the textbox, the parent is an optional parameter

Browse or grid, each is good in its own way, browse is easier, but on the master / detail form I use grid, when the data in mysql then can not browse and everything goes into the grid
asharpham

Post by asharpham »

This worked:

SET ORDER TO 1
cMatch := AllTrim(UPPER(Library_1.Seek1.value))
SEEK cMatch SOFTSEEK

Thanks for setting me on the right track by using a variable rather than the Seek1 value directly.

Regards,
Alan