German Umlaute (ÄÖÜäöüß)

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Post Reply
User avatar
sherlogg
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:14 pm
Contact:

German Umlaute (ÄÖÜäöüß)

Post by sherlogg » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:17 pm

Hello,

i don't know, if this is the right area of the forum for my problem.

I've tried to create a menu with German special characters named Umlaute (ÄÜÖäüöß), but i've got a strange output. I don't know how easy it is, to change something like OEM or ANSI.

I use SET CODEPAGE TO GERMAN and SET LANGUAGE TO GERMAN, but it don't work.

Just for clarification: i'm a Harbour starter

Cheers, Dieter

User avatar
mol
Posts: 2842
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:31 am
Location: Myszków, Poland
Has thanked: 119 times
Been thanked: 65 times
Contact:

Post by mol » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:26 am

set codepage to german is translated to:
#xtranslate SET CODEPAGE TO GERMAN => REQUEST HB_CODEPAGE_DEWIN ; hb_setcodepage("DEWIN")

so, it should be enough...
I've added to my app this and tested and umlaute's are displayed OK.

User avatar
sherlogg
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:14 pm
Contact:

Post by sherlogg » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:00 am

Hi Marek,

thanks for your help. I've got it by myself. I've used a editor with the WRONG charset. After using another editor, it workes fine!

ROBROS
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 6:30 pm
DBs Used: DBF
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Post by ROBROS » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:52 pm

mol wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:26 am
set codepage to german is translated to:
#xtranslate SET CODEPAGE TO GERMAN => REQUEST HB_CODEPAGE_DEWIN ; hb_setcodepage("DEWIN")

so, it should be enough...
I've added to my app this and tested and umlaute's are displayed OK.
Hi Marek, found your suggestion, works well, thank you.

Robert

Post Reply