I agree that for cloud develpment MariaDB / MySQL are the best options.Rathinagiri wrote:Friends, this is my opinion only. May be opinions of experts may differ.
1. In this cloud world, it doesn't matter if my database file is a single file or a group of files. It is the matter of the server which handles the same. It is up to the DataBase Administrator to take backup and other preventive and corrective measures against any eventuality.
2. MariaDB is a simple replacement of MySQL. In the case of HMG, libmysql.dll is enough to connect with MySQL/MariaDB data.
3. MySQL is widely used in most of the web servers. Deployment is simple and easy.
4. With regard to security, MySQL is also equally unsecured if the server is compromised. Otherwise it is ok.
5. It is platform independent. (can be installed in Windows/Linux etc)
6. Well documented.
Firebird isn't the best choice for that although it may change with newer versions (in special 3.0+)