Converting Clipper to GUI using HMG instructions?

Moderator: Rathinagiri

bobypoz

Converting Clipper to GUI using HMG instructions?

Post by bobypoz »

I have been able to convert clipper to console mode windows application using HMG? But what to do then?! Where to start? I have been searching the web for answer, and have not found one yet...so I hope to find it here. I think there are a lot of people who are stuck with this problem. So, any suggestions are welcome.

[u]Moderator Notes[/u] (Pablo César) wrote:Topic moved from Forum en Español.
bobypoz

Re: Converting Clipper to GUI using HMG instructions?

Post by bobypoz »

This is module from my clipper application. It is for editing and adding new cooperants to the place of purchase. It works fine in console mode, but have no idea how to transfer it into HMG with GUI?!
Attachments
e_kom.rar
Module from application for frozen food production company
(2.03 KiB) Downloaded 415 times
Leopoldo Blancas

Post by Leopoldo Blancas »

Hola bobypoz...

Lo que hay que hacer es revisar la forma en que se programa en HMG GUI, en la carpeta HMG/Samples ahí vienen muchos ejemplos de todos los controles, no hay más que ir explorando la manera en que se escribe el código en HMG GUI. poco a poco. Y con la ayuda del IDE que se encuentra en HMG/IDE se va uno familiarizándose con este tipo de programación... al principio cuesta trabajo pero poco a poco le toma uno sabor....

Saludos
Polo
*---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello bobypoz ...

What you need to do is review the way in which HMG GUI program in the folder HMG / Samples there are many examples of all controls, no more to go exploring how the code is written in HMG GUI. slowly. And with the help of IDE found in HMG / IDE goes one familiar with this type of programming ... hard at first but gradually takes one taste ....

regards
Polo
Leopoldo Blancas

Post by Leopoldo Blancas »

Hola...

Ahí en HMG/Samples puedes ejecutar los ejemplos que hay, solo hay que arrastrar el archivo *.PRG a Built.BAT y se generará en *.EXE y ahí vas viendo lo que hace cada ejemplo.

Saludos
Polo
*---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello ...

There in HMG / Samples can run the examples out there, you just have to drag the *. PRG to generate Built.BAT and in *. EXE and there you seeing what each example.

regards
Polo
Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

I think bobypoz needs is to convert Clipper app into 32 bits in console mode using our HMG / IDE. Am I correct ?

If Yes, please read this: http://raumi75.jimdo.com/2010/02/27/fro ... 5-minutes/ this article has help me a lot to me. Thanks to this I am in the HMG world !! Thanks to our friend Raumi75
HMGing a better world
"Matter tells space how to curve, space tells matter how to move."
Albert Einstein
Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

In this code e_kom.prg at line 17, you have special caracters made in OEM format. Remember all this must be converted or replace by other caracters in order to avoid visual missunderstandings.

Are missing functions in your code:

centermsg
NET_USE
NEW_REC
REQ_REC_LOCK
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
danielmaximiliano

Post by danielmaximiliano »

Pablo César wrote:I think bobypoz needs is to convert Clipper app into 32 bits in console mode using our HMG / IDE. Am I correct ?

If Yes, please read this: http://raumi75.jimdo.com/2010/02/27/fro ... 5-minutes/ this article has help me a lot to me. Thanks to this I am in the HMG world !! Thanks to our friend Raumi75
Hola Pablo: Raumi75 hace tiempo publico ese enlace, hubo mucho tiempo y no a sido actualizado por lo que algunas cosas cambiaron, no hablo sobre los controles sino el IDE de Roberto Lopez.
image[1].jpg
image[1].jpg (29.58 KiB) Viewed 9157 times
el mismo tiene que incluirse en dentro del codigo

Code: Select all

#Include 'HMG.CH'

FUNCTION Main()

SET EVENTMASK TO INKEY_ALL    /*use mouse */

REQUEST HB_GT_WIN_DEFAULT
SETMODE(25,80)
setcolor(DEF_GREEN)
MAX := 1000
/* Code Here
*/

Return

Trasnlate Google

Hi Pablo: Raumi75 public while that link was too long and not been updated so some things changed, I'm not talking about the controls but the IDE by Roberto Lopez.
image[1].jpg
image[1].jpg (29.58 KiB) Viewed 9157 times
it must be included in the code in

Code: Select all

# Include 'HMG.CH'

FUNCTION Main ()

EventMask SET TO INKEY_ALL / * use mouse * /

REQUEST HB_GT_WIN_DEFAULT
SetMode (25.80)
setColor (DEF_GREEN)
MAX: = 1000
/ * Code Here
* /

Return

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´. (¸.·` *
.·`. Harbour/HMG : It's magic !
(¸.·``··*

Saludos / Regards
DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO

Whatsapp. := +54901169026142
Telegram Name := DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO
Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

Thanks Daniel for your update !

But he could use IDE version 3.0.35 which is enough for Clipper migrations step.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
danielmaximiliano

Bobypoz :

usted esta necesitando actualizar su aplicacion D.O.S hacia una aplicacion GUI, para ello es necesario que trabaje con el IDE que se incluye en la instalacion de HMG.3.1.1, le dejo aqui su aplicacion con pequeños retoques que son necesarios, ellos son:
Un Proyecto HMG : Ekomp.hbp
este es el contenedor de todo el proyecto.

Un Formulario : main.fmg
este formulario contendra todos los controles GUI como LABELS, TEXTBOX, COMBOBOX que reemplazaran a los viejos SAY, GET, ACHOICE que usted manejaba en su aplicacion D.O.S

un PRG : su codigo se encuentra en la carpeta x:\Ekomp\Sources\Ekomp.prg
aqui esta el codigo que subio con algunas correcciones que son necesaria para un buen entendimiento en la lectura por parte de otras personas o usted mismo.

un .RC : Ekomp.rc
aqui se guarda informacion sobre imagenes, iconos.
este archivo es llamado archivo de recursos.

un .HBC : Ekomp.hbc
aqui se guarda informacion acerca de la configuracion del IDE y Librerias varias, no es necesario que modifique el mismo en forma manual.

esto es lo basico que usted necesita para seguir con su aplicacion GUI, es necesario incluir los CONTROLES faltantes, no pude seguir porque se necesita el archivo mesta.dbf para poder armar el Control COMBOBOX (Achoice)

Translate Google :
Bobypoz:
You need to upgrade your DOS application to a GUI application, it is necessary to work with the IDE that is included in the installation of HMG.3.1.1, your application will leave here with minor tweaks are needed, they are:

A Project HMG: Ekomp.hbp
This is the container for the entire project.

a Form: main.fmg
This form will contain all GUI controls as LABELS, TEXTBOX, COMBOBOX that will replace the old SAY, ​​GET, ACHOICE you drove in your DOS application

a PRG: your code is in the folder x:\Ekomp\Sources\Ekomp.prg
Here is the code that came up with some corrections that are necessary for a good understanding in reading by other people or yourself.

a .RC: Ekomp.rc
Here it stores information about images, icons.
This file is called a resource file.

a. HBC: Ekomp.hbc
Here it stores information about the configuration of the IDE and several Libraries, no need to modify it manually.

Here are the basics you need to stick with your GUI application, you must include the controls missing, I could not go because you need the file mesta.dbf to assemble the ComboBox (ACHOICE).

need to read this link on Convention names

http://hmgforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=12& ... ilit=names
Last edited by danielmaximiliano on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´. (¸.·` *
(¸.·``··*

Saludos / Regards
DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO

danielmaximiliano

Bobypoz :

possibly missing many functions and procedures in the application that I post in this forum, they were replaced or removed so you can compile the example.
NET_USE ('KOM'. F.)
also fails to run the executable for lack of tables.
EKOMP.rar
(820.38 KiB) Downloaded 440 times
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´. (¸.·` *
(¸.·``··*

Saludos / Regards
DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO