GNU Patch Information Needed

Issues and Discussions related to Harbour

Moderator: Rathinagiri

DenCo

GNU Patch Information Needed

Post by DenCo »

Hi all.. This is my most trusted forum. I enjoy all of your comments and the shared spirit of the clipper language that is often mentioned here.

I enjoy HMG, and have turned out a couple of rebuilt applications with it. However, what happened to me is we had several applications that had to be converted fast to keep up with changing operating systems my customers were using,,, (all windows) ....

So, thanks to hbmk2 and a main() function call,, several regular apps were changed in a matter of minutes and delivered as 32 bit,,, a true life saver !

My issue is,,,,, as I move forward I notice in a lot of source in the samples,, Viktor wants a GNU patch to be applied to this existing source..

That's ok, but I haven't done that since years ago when I patched up a version of clipper 52e ...

Please help me to know what cnu patch program to get... ??? My work computer is still XP,, and I'm using Harbour 3.0 to compile ....

I'm getting ready to use pagescript32,,, and the 3.0 examples want you to apply the cnu patch to the ps32 samples provided ....

Thank you in advance
Bill
esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Re: GNU Patch Information Needed

Post by esgici »

DenCo wrote:... what cnu patch program to get... ???
Hi Bill

I hope this page will help you :

http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/patch.htm

Salute from Turkiye :)

Happy HMG'ing :D
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
DenCo

Re: GNU Patch Information Needed

Post by DenCo »

Thank You esgici !

Greetings from Mexico,, at least for the next two weeks ! I knew you would probably reply.. I appreciate the information ...

Most of the diff files are very simple, and actually pretty easy to "patch" by hand,, but I want to have the regular way of doing this for the future.

Again thank you for your kind replies.
Bill