Where should I apply to be contributor to HMG Objects?

Moderator: Rathinagiri

dhaine_adp

Where should I apply to be contributor to HMG Objects?

Post by dhaine_adp »

The Admins,

Where should I apply to be a contributor to HMG Objects? My SF account is dhaine_adp

Regards,

Danny
Regards,

Danny
Manila, Philippines
sudip

Re: Where should I apply to be contributor to HMG Objects?

Post by sudip »

Hi Danny,

I applied following thread
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1634
With best regards,
Sudip
dhaine_adp

Post by dhaine_adp »

Hi Sudip,
I applied following thread
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1634
Thanks for the info :)

Danny
Regards,

Danny
Manila, Philippines
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

dhaine_adp wrote:The Admins,

Where should I apply to be a contributor to HMG Objects? My SF account is dhaine_adp

Regards,

Danny
Thanks for your interest.

First, read carefully This post:

viewtopic.php?f=0&t=1635

Then, pick a thing to do (something unfinished in the current code) and notice us about that to not 'overlap' our efforts.

The current works are:

- Checkbox -> Rathinagiri
- Spinner -> Sudip
- Design of classes for missing controls -> Me

Then, please, post your code here first, so we can review it, give you guidance (if required) and when all be ok, you'll be able to commit the code yourself to the repository.

Thanks again for your interest in the project.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
dhaine_adp

Post by dhaine_adp »

Hi Roberto,
The current works are:

- Checkbox -> Rathinagiri
- Spinner -> Sudip
- Design of classes for missing controls -> Me

Then, please, post your code here first, so we can review it, give you guidance (if required) and when all be ok, you'll be able to commit the code yourself to the repository.

Thanks again for your interest in the project.
I am interested with browse Objects. I believed having a powerful browse object is good. Having a grid control is very good as well. The only question that remain if I can do it but perhaps I would try my best. On the other hand you can recommend what or where should I start and if that is possible to add more control to the existing HMG browse control.

I have already downloaded and installed the turtoise SVN client and all those files that you have mentioned. I already read conding guidelines. Well the only thing that perhaps is missing is the source code comment, parameters comment, history comment guidelines. Global variables, control variables guidelines (scoping) if we introduced one if really necessary.

Regards,

Danny
Regards,

Danny
Manila, Philippines
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

dhaine_adp wrote: I am interested with browse Objects. I believed having a powerful browse object is good. Having a grid control is very good as well. The only question that remain if I can do it but perhaps I would try my best. On the other hand you can recommend what or where should I start and if that is possible to add more control to the existing HMG browse control.

I have already downloaded and installed the turtoise SVN client and all those files that you have mentioned. I already read conding guidelines. Well the only thing that perhaps is missing is the source code comment, parameters comment, history comment guidelines. Global variables, control variables guidelines (scoping) if we introduced one if really necessary.

Regards,

Danny
If you want to work with browse, please wait until I define the class, since maybe required to create some new properties to avoid still using 'propertization' of xBase clauses introduced with alternate syntax.

Regarding guidelines (If I've not missed something) all things not explicitly covered in my post are 'self-explained' by the code itself.

The first goal is to mimic as good as possible the current functionality of the controls, once achieved that, of course, we could expand it with new features, but in this stage we must focus on our first goal.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

mol wrote:How can I be useful with building new HMG?
Anything not picked by another one.

Please, post here your first proposed contribution, so we can review it and if needed give you some guidance (if required) then, you'll be able to post yourself via SVN.

Thanks.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

Danny, Marek

I've got you access to SVN already, so you can post freely.

I'll review your initial works directly there and give you guidance if required.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

dhaine_adp wrote: I am interested with browse Objects. I believed having a powerful browse object is good. Having a grid control is very good as well.
I've just added Grid class ready for you can start work with it.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)