Converting from Greek DOS to the Windows enviroment

Moderator: Rathinagiri

quartz565

Converting from Greek DOS to the Windows enviroment

Post by quartz565 »

Hi

I have some apps I have written in Greek (code page 737 DOS). Can anybody help with the following?

1. How do I convert my .dbf data to the windows environment (1253 Windows)? Now when my windows app look at my DOS data it does the conversion on start up. Can I convert it once and avoid the on the fly conversion?

2. All my menu and messages are in (code page 737 DOS). Is there an easy way to convert everything in 1253 Windows or write all my app in the windows environment from scratch?

3. Any help in translating the EDITEXTENTED from English to Greek? Are the menu and messages in tables I can change in Greek?

4. Is it possible for Harbour to use "CA Clipper tools V 3.0c" - Feb 2000 functions

and last

5. Is there any way to see all the Harbour functions by examples as in the case of NG.EXE? I like learning by example.

Thanks to all and I promise not to hit you with so many questions in the future. I am a newbie in this area, but I hope to pick up the pieces quickly. I am sure some of you out there had the same issues as I can see members from so many different countries.

and as we say in Greek

Yia sas ( "Hi" - and "bye" as we say in Greek! )

Nikos
Best Regards,
Nikos.

esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Re: Converting from Greek DOS to the Windows enviroment

Post by esgici »

Hi Nikos

Welcome aboard :)

You are in right place; here is most appropriate ( and comfortable ;) ) location for Clipper programmers who want to migrate to Windows.

Answers to your questions is here.

Again welcome my neighbor :)

Happy HMH'ing :D
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D