HMG4 reset

Moderator: Rathinagiri

l3whmg

HMG4 reset

Post by l3whmg »

Hi Mauricio.
I read about Reset function. I'm sorry, but I think it's no a good idea this style and I think there are other problems.
Only one WND_MAIN must exists, but with HMG4 I can start with a Modal (see below).
Please take a look to this

Code: Select all

IF   ::nType == WND_MAIN   // Main
      // Initialization
      ::s_qApp   := QApplication()
      Resource():New()
      PUBLIC __cActiveWindow := ''
   ENDIF
I think is dangerous. If we speaking about HMG3 ok, but with HMG4 I can start an application with a Modal window. Why? If I need to show (ie) a LoginForm? Before, I must show a Modal form, if it's all right I show MainForm else I shutdown my project. I have tried to use the OnInit procedure on the MainForm, but it doesn't work well.
This was my previous code that I must rewrite and now I use a Modal Window before MainForm. I'm sorry it's a pseudo-code

FUNCTION Main()
ShowMainForm()

RETURN NIL

FUNCTION ShowMainForm()
 WITH OBJECT MainForm....
:OnInit := {|| OnInit() }
FUNCTION OnInit()

lGranted := ShowLogin()

IF lGranted == .F.
 MainForm:Release() <=== this create problem

FUNCTION ShowLogin()

WITH OBJECT LoginForm
On the other hand I think there are other reason to have a starter.

Please take a look to this code (window.prg evolution) and check it with zipped files.
Attention: it's an example extracted (it's real but not tested) from my little HMG, that I use to do test

CLASS WINDOW FROM BASIC

METHOD New() CLASS WINDOW

IF ::s_qStarted == .F.
      HMGQT():Start()
   ENDIF

METHOD Create CLASS Window

// IF Window is The Main Window Then Create Application
   IF   ::nType == WND_MAIN   // Main
      PUBLIC __cActiveWindow := ''
   ENDIF

But I can use HMGQT():Start() in different way
ie

FUNCTION Main( hb_aparams )

PUBLIC oHmgQt := HMGQT():Start( hb_aparams )  <== this is not HMG3 but a HMG4 evolution.

It's a very little brief, but take a look to hmgqt.prg source and try to understand my pov (I hope it's clear).
I'm at your disposal.

Best regards
Attachments
HmgQt.zip
example
(1.79 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
Luigi from Italy
www.L3W.it
concentra

Re: HMG4 reset

Post by concentra »

Hi Luigi !
Your code about locales are great !
I have problems with default dialogs showing in English when they should be in the local language.
Please implement locales in the HMG4 code.
[[]] Mauricio Ventura Faria
concentra

Post by concentra »

I wasn´t talking about a starter at all.
This is a reset, to make possible running QT environment more than one time in the same execution.
My application main interface isn´t QT, it´s WVT pseudo console.
The main WVT interface must call QT interfaces again and again and get back to WVT.
The first time I call QT everything goes Ok, but after that it will only work fine if I reset HMG4 shared data to its initial values.
l3whmg

Post by l3whmg »

Hi Mauricio.
Thanks for your words about starter. I'll do other test and after name mod I propose this change. On the other hand Harbour QT don't have QString class (I ask to MrDuck clarification about this) that it's very usefull.

About your problem I read (but very fast and it's not clear for me) on QT docs there is a way to run QApplication only one time: but, I repeat, I don't understand very well.

Best regards
Luigi from Italy
www.L3W.it
concentra

Post by concentra »

l3whmg wrote:On the other hand Harbour QT don't have QString class (I ask to MrDuck clarification about this) that it's very usefull.
If you ask for the implementation in harbour-devel@googlegroups.com to Pritpal Bedi I am pretty sure he will do it ASAP.
If you want, I can ask.
About your problem I read (but very fast and it's not clear for me) on QT docs there is a way to run QApplication only one time: but, I repeat, I don't understand very well.
I will try to make a small self contained sample and post here.
l3whmg

Post by l3whmg »

Hi Mauricio.
If can you ask do it. At the same time, about Qlocale, I send you (via personal e-mail) a file which contains language and country definition like Qt define them. It's not present on Harbour QT and I have used to setup Italian or English or ...
Best regards
Luigi from Italy
www.L3W.it