Problem with documentation...

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

Hi All,

From some time ago, there is a non-working search box on documentation index page (I've tested with Chrome, Firefox and IE).

The documentation is the first place, where a new user goes... then... he encounters a non-working search box... this is not a good thing... :)

I've attempted to find the problem, but, since the nature of the current code, it could take a lot of time or even require a complete rewrite to fix it.

Since it had been a long time without a fix, my proposition is to remove that.

I've attached a modified 'navigator.html' file, where I've simply removed the code creating the text input and button.
Attachments
Navigator.htm.7z
(6.92 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
srvet_claudio

Re: Problem with documentation...

Post by srvet_claudio »

Thanks Roberto, I will include in the next release.
Best regards.
Dr. Claudio Soto
(from Uruguay)
http://srvet.blogspot.com
Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

Roberto Lopez wrote:Hi All,

From some time ago, there is a non-working search box on documentation index page (I've tested with Chrome, Firefox and IE).

The documentation is the first place, where a new user goes... then... he encounters a non-working search box... this is not a good thing... :)

I've attempted to find the problem, but, since the nature of the current code, it could take a lot of time or even require a complete rewrite to fix it.

I've attached a modified 'navigator.html' file, where I've simply removed the code creating the text input and button.
Thank you Roberto for your interest on the subject. But I'm sorry to have to disagree with the way it is treated this subject with such indifference and perhaps a certain contempt, even for I have developed this search feature.

And so it seems that no matter what benefit we can contemplate rather than strike through everything I do.

I know we had our differences, but all the humans are of different criteria and our differences is healthy when we share and respect each other.

I will try to explain and reminisce about this topic.

In this topic I was viewtopic.php?p=42240#p42240
I was once disrespected with this message from Esgici oce again.
This does not surprise me anymore, but when this happen discourage very much any one and worst when I see that he always try to undermine anything I do and I get uncomfortable when I see that someone else supports him in his evil deeds.
At that time was my collapse as moderator. No one can stand as long as I was being disrespected. So I pulled back, it was my right to make my withdrawal after being exonerated as moderator functions and after been taken a lot of many aggressions.

I think all this, we all know and I do not ever want to be treated so badly again and not want to see others being treated the same pejorative way. It's for this reason that I will deffend myself. I know we loose time with these things but there is a regional a popular saying: "when you shut up, you agree with what others say"

I was repairing these problems and responding to Mr Chang and I left a lot to back. I forgot to review it, but no one asked me or made mention of the lack so far upto this time.

I understand that this responsibility lies with me but seems to lack the humility to ask me. Claudio did what it could. He simply eliminated the javascript functions. And after all that happened to me the last I could say the measure was not the right solution.

This search engine was developed by me to facilitate location of some key words.
This feature works for me perfectly since it returns to rename the subfolder C:\hmg.3.4.3\DOC\assets\__js to C:\hmg.3.4.3\DOC\assets\js.

If still interested, I can review the code and try to eliminate any external library conexion. What I used is open source but we can try with html solution in local.

I know that some may envy what I do best. If you have some knowledge is my own effort and if I want to share is something I never regret.
HMGing a better world
"Matter tells space how to curve, space tells matter how to move."
Albert Einstein
srvet_claudio

Post by srvet_claudio »

Done.
Best regards.
Dr. Claudio Soto
(from Uruguay)
Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

Roberto Lopez wrote:I've attempted to find the problem, but, since the nature of the current code, it could take a lot of time or even require a complete rewrite to fix it.

Why this Claudio ?
I've written already explaining that is just to rename folder and was tested and seems working well.

Of course resources can be optimized and I have already offered to do it... and now this ?

Is there any kind of conspiracy against to me that I should know it ?

Why refusing all what I do ?

I can not believe... throw away everything I've done so ... :x (only if you prove making better)

viewtopic.php?p=41400#p41400
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
srvet_claudio

Post by srvet_claudio »

Pablo is not personal against you, I had simply renamed the js folder because some antivirus tried the javascript code as a possible malicious code and made the documentation take several minutes to be opened by the browser.
Best regards.
Dr. Claudio Soto
(from Uruguay)
Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

srvet_claudio wrote:Pablo is not personal against you, I had simply renamed the js folder because some antivirus tried the javascript code as a possible malicious code and made the documentation take several minutes to be opened by the browser.
I think we could review this matter or simply we finish here without any chance for improvements ?
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

We all know there are some many interactions with interrupt in HMG apps and utilities due antivirus.

This only one user claimed but recently with Mr. Anand not happen... :?
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
srvet_claudio

Post by srvet_claudio »

In any organization the orders of the Big Boss are met without questions!!!
Best regards.
Dr. Claudio Soto
(from Uruguay)
Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

srvet_claudio wrote:In any organization the orders of the Big Boss are met without questions!!!
Ok, Claudio

Disculpame
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein