Problem with icons via RC

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Ricci

Problem with icons via RC

Post by Ricci »

I´m using HMG 3.0 Test XII

I bind the icons for the grafical buttons and small grafics via an RC-File into the program.

When leaving the program in background, working with Firefox and Thunderbird and going back some of the pictures changed completely oder shift a little bit. Sometimes they repair themselves when using IMAGE, but the BUTTONs remained defect.

Please see the picture attaches to the topic with the before - after effect. The above are IMAGEs the lower are BUTTONs.

Regards ... Ricci
Attachments
Screenshot of the problems
Screenshot of the problems
Image3.jpg (60.67 KiB) Viewed 9547 times
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Re: Problem with icons via RC

Post by Roberto Lopez »

Ricci wrote:I´m using HMG 3.0 Test XII

I bind the icons for the grafical buttons and small grafics via an RC-File into the program.

When leaving the program in background, working with Firefox and Thunderbird and going back some of the pictures changed completely oder shift a little bit. Sometimes they repair themselves when using IMAGE, but the BUTTONs remained defect.

Please see the picture attaches to the topic with the before - after effect. The above are IMAGEs the lower are BUTTONs.

Regards ... Ricci
Please, post a small sample showing the problem and indicate which Windows and HMG versions are you using.

TIA.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Ricci

Post by Ricci »

Roberto Lopez wrote:Please, post a small sample showing the problem and indicate which Windows and HMG versions are you using.TIA.
I´m using WinXP SP3 and HMG 3.0 Test XII.

I cannot send a sample because the problem isn´t reproducible. It must be some kind of overlapping with some other programs.
This is the way i define the images and buttons:

@ 359,015 IMAGE lichtF PICTURE "lichtu" WIDTH 35 HEIGHT 25

@ 540,210 BUTTON ButtonCancel PICTURE "bcancel" ACTION ButtonCancelClick() WIDTH 29 HEIGHT 30 FLAT TOOLTIP "Abbrechen"

And i am not sure, if it isn´t only a problem of my computer. Because more than 50 or 100 people are using the program and no one ever complained about that.

Perhaps i find a way to reproduce the error, than we can find out why it happens.

Ricci
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

Ricci wrote:
Roberto Lopez wrote:Please, post a small sample showing the problem and indicate which Windows and HMG versions are you using.TIA.
I´m using WinXP SP3 and HMG 3.0 Test XII.

I cannot send a sample because the problem isn´t reproducible. It must be some kind of overlapping with some other programs.
This is the way i define the images and buttons:

@ 359,015 IMAGE lichtF PICTURE "lichtu" WIDTH 35 HEIGHT 25

@ 540,210 BUTTON ButtonCancel PICTURE "bcancel" ACTION ButtonCancelClick() WIDTH 29 HEIGHT 30 FLAT TOOLTIP "Abbrechen"

And i am not sure, if it isn´t only a problem of my computer. Because more than 50 or 100 people are using the program and no one ever complained about that.

Perhaps i find a way to reproduce the error, than we can find out why it happens.

Ricci
mmm...

I'm working these days with an XP-SP3 system with HMG 3.0 XII IDE, Firefox and thunderbird and I've not experienced problems (IDE is plenty of buttons with images)...
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Ricci

Post by Ricci »

Roberto Lopez wrote: mmm...

I'm working these days with an XP-SP3 system with HMG 3.0 XII IDE, Firefox and thunderbird and I've not experienced problems (IDE is plenty of buttons with images)...
I have to check it out on another system, because i found another strange behavior:

I define 4 FRAMEs with
@ 354,010 FRAME pflegerahmen1 WIDTH 131 HEIGHT 33
@ 354,140 FRAME pflegerahmen2 WIDTH 131 HEIGHT 33
@ 354,270 FRAME pflegerahmen3 WIDTH 131 HEIGHT 33
@ 354,400 FRAME pflegerahmen4 WIDTH 130 HEIGHT 33

About 3 seconds after the program has started, it gets a repaint from windows (?) and then the first frame disappears. It is always the first FRAME i define, no matter where the DEFINE is positioned in the program. If i repaint the FRAME after it disappears with a
Form_1.pflegerahmen1.Row := Form_1.pflegerahmen1.Row
then it remains on the screen. Funny thing, my workaound is to define a dummy frame before the 4 real frames.
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

Ricci wrote:
I have to check it out on another system, because i found another strange behavior:

I define 4 FRAMEs with
@ 354,010 FRAME pflegerahmen1 WIDTH 131 HEIGHT 33
@ 354,140 FRAME pflegerahmen2 WIDTH 131 HEIGHT 33
@ 354,270 FRAME pflegerahmen3 WIDTH 131 HEIGHT 33
@ 354,400 FRAME pflegerahmen4 WIDTH 130 HEIGHT 33

About 3 seconds after the program has started, it gets a repaint from windows (?) and then the first frame disappears. It is always the first FRAME i define, no matter where the DEFINE is positioned in the program. If i repaint the FRAME after it disappears with a
Form_1.pflegerahmen1.Row := Form_1.pflegerahmen1.Row
then it remains on the screen. Funny thing, my workaound is to define a dummy frame before the 4 real frames.
It's very strange.

I've already extensively tested HMG with XP, Vista and 7 (themed and not themed) and I've not experienced such problems.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Ricci

Post by Ricci »

Roberto Lopez wrote:[
It's very strange.

I've already extensively tested HMG with XP, Vista and 7 (themed and not themed) and I've not experienced such problems.
As i thought before, it´s a conflict of the program with the "Winstep Extreme" desktop enhancement ( http://www.winstep.net/ ).

It´s the "Windows peeking" future, that must be disabled for HMG Programs. "Windows peeking" means the desktop enhancement makes a snapshot of every active program from time to time to present them in the tasklist if go with the mouse pointer over it. Some programs didn´t like this.

Ricci
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

Ricci wrote: As i thought before, it´s a conflict of the program with the "Winstep Extreme" desktop enhancement ( http://www.winstep.net/ ).

It´s the "Windows peeking" future, that must be disabled for HMG Programs. "Windows peeking" means the desktop enhancement makes a snapshot of every active program from time to time to present them in the tasklist if go with the mouse pointer over it. Some programs didn´t like this.

Ricci
Ok.

I don't knew that product.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)