The STATUSBAR control has a BUG

Moderator: Rathinagiri

srvet_claudio

Re: The STATUSBAR control has a BUG

Post by srvet_claudio »

Hi,
The memory leak problem in hmg only occurs in unicode, and is due to the lack of explicit memory release when at c code the strings are transformed into utf8 to utf16 which is the Windows standard. This bug drags back from the hmg unicode startups and is my fault. But to fix it requires rewriting much of the c code and unfortunately I don't have time to work on hmg.

I'm sorry but I'm visiting the forum. I haven't programmed for Windows for a long time, my interest now is mobile applications...
Best regards.
Dr. Claudio Soto
(from Uruguay)
http://srvet.blogspot.com
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Post by Rathinagiri »

Wow! Welcome Claudio!
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
salamandra
DBs Used: DBF, MySQL, SQL

Post by salamandra »

Hola Dr Claudio,
srvet_claudio wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:17 pm Hi,
The memory leak problem in hmg only occurs in unicode, and is due to the lack of explicit memory release when at c code the strings are transformed into utf8 to utf16 which is the Windows standard. This bug drags back from the hmg unicode startups and is my fault. But to fix it requires rewriting much of the c code and unfortunately I don't have time to work on hmg.

I'm sorry but I'm visiting the forum. I haven't programmed for Windows for a long time, my interest now is mobile applications...
Esa cuestion relacionada a HMG Unicode me desanimo un poco. Tengo algunos sistemas grandes (cerca de 400 programas y mas de 500 forms) en ANSI que por varias razones me gustaria convertir en UNICODE, mas por lo visto es mejor esperar (o desistir ??). Qual seria tu recomendacion a ese respecto ?

>> ENGLISH <<
This HMG Unicode related issue got me a little discouraged. I have some large systems (about 400 programs and more than 500 forms) in ANSI that for various reasons I would like to convert to UNICODE, but apparently it is better to wait (or desist ??). What would be your recommendation regarding this?

Best regards,

Salamandra, Brazil
There is one time in which is crucial awakening. That time is now. ( Buddha )
srvet_claudio

Post by srvet_claudio »

Hi,
I believe that in practice memory consumption is not a problem, just use a timer with a Release Memory. I never had problems with this topic, maybe other unicode users can give you a better point of view.
Best regards.
Dr. Claudio Soto
(from Uruguay)
http://srvet.blogspot.com
salamandra
DBs Used: DBF, MySQL, SQL

Post by salamandra »

Hi Dr Claudio,
srvet_claudio wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:53 pm Hi,
I believe that in practice memory consumption is not a problem, just use a timer with a Release Memory. I never had problems with this topic, maybe other unicode users can give you a better point of view.

I´ll try. Thank you anyway.

Best regards,

Salamandra, Brazil
There is one time in which is crucial awakening. That time is now. ( Buddha )
huiyi_ch

Post by huiyi_ch »

Hi Dr Claudio,

Thank you answer.
Best regards,

huiyi