HMG OBJECTS... A New Project!

HMG announcements; Latest HMG-related news, releases, fixes and updates.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Alex Gustow

Re: HMG OBJECTS... A New Project!

Post by Alex Gustow »

Roberto Lopez wrote:To infinity and beyond! ;)
You love Arthur Clarke's "2001: A Space Odyssey" (and great movie by Stanley Kubrick of course!) like me?! :) (let's look around: now each of us have HAL 9000 - or something like - on our kitchen table :) he can speak, play chess, show movies or TV, maintain our home and work tasks etc etc etc... and sometimes he can argue with me ("Syntax error, Dave...") or even rebel against me: BSOD ("blue screen of death") is good example of such revolt :) )

(there is no mistake: "he" (or maybe "she) - not "it"!.. computer has a soul, character ... he's alive and intellectual! .. my computer, in any case, is such a person ... and sometimes very nasty person :) )
Roberto Lopez wrote:
Alex Gustow wrote: We have "second (OOP) eye" now! :)
Yes... For 'Semi-OOP' one was enough... ;)
Alex Gustow wrote: Only one question: what means

Code: Select all

_HMG_SYSDATA [ 323 ] := 0
?
Can we change it to any "human-looked" command?
The 'offending' line come from next release's 'h_init.prg', so it will be not a problem for humans (or us) in the future ;)
We are a humans?????.. :shock: Thanks for clarification (because sometimes I'm not too sure about it). :)

(sorry for little offtopic)

P.S. WOW! I searched images from "2001: A Space Odyssey" - and found that!!!

"Stanley Kubrick and production designer Tony Masters inside HAL's logic center, from '2001: A Space Odyssey', 1968"

Link to page is:
http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/46569,new ... -kubrick,5
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

Alex Gustow wrote:
Roberto Lopez wrote:To infinity and beyond! ;)
You love Arthur Clarke's "2001: A Space Odyssey" (and great movie by Stanley Kubrick of course!) like me?! :) (let's look around: now each of us have HAL 9000 - or something like - on our kitchen table :) he can speak, play chess, show movies or TV, maintain our home and work tasks etc etc etc... and sometimes he can argue with me ("Syntax error, Dave...") or even rebel against me: BSOD ("blue screen of death") is good example of such revolt :) )
In fact the quote is from Toy Story (Buzz Lightyear) :)

I'm a sci-fi fan, but I have not patience to read :)

I was not able to really connect with 2001 movie (I know, it is very good, it's my fault :) )

IMHO the best sci-fi movie from all time is Blade Runner. I've watched for the first time in its director's cut version in a movie theater in '93. It changed my vision about the existence definitively.

And (if you not watched already) "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" is a GREAT sci-fi movie (my second favorite).
Alex Gustow wrote: We are a humans?????.. :shock: Thanks for clarification (because sometimes I'm not too sure about it). :)
Almost, I guess ;)
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Post by Rathinagiri »

I do like Hollywood movies (only with subtitles. :))
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

Roberto Lopez wrote:
Alex Gustow wrote: We are a humans?????.. :shock: Thanks for clarification (because sometimes I'm not too sure about it). :)
Or 'biological machines'... who knows :)
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Alex Gustow

Post by Alex Gustow »

Soppy, guys, for little offtop again, but...
Roberto Lopez wrote:In fact the quote is from Toy Story (Buzz Lightyear) :)
Thanks for info - I didn't know that (this phrase is the title of last part of movie)
Roberto Lopez wrote:I'm a sci-fi fan, but I have not patience to read :)
I haven't it too - but I try... and not on screen - only with "old good paper book" into my hands and lying on sofa :)
Roberto Lopez wrote:I was not able to really connect with 2001 movie (I know, it is very good, it's my fault :) )
Really???? You didn't see it???? This is "must have" movie for each SF-fan!!! It's NUMBER ONE for all times!!!
(IMHO - but it's really SPACE, really PEOPLE - in the future and in the deep past of mankind, at the dawn of civilization... really SENCES, really PHILOSOPHY, really TRAGEDY, really MAGIC... really FUTURE!.. and what's the music!!!!!.. not only "blasters", strange "entities" and other cinema effects maded on PCs)
Alex Gustow

Post by Alex Gustow »

Roberto Lopez wrote:
Roberto Lopez wrote:
Or 'biological machines'... who knows :)
Or just "objects" of any program maded with the use of "Super-HMG" :)
sudip

Post by sudip »

But I am not a human being :shock: Believe it or not - I am a software with AI, functioning as a cyber avatar of my creator, whose name is also "Sudip" (he is sleeping now ;) ). Sometimes I (and my creator also) think some of you are also like me :shock: Yes, we are programmed to interact with each other without any problem (just like our creators) :)
With best regards,
Sudip
Alex Gustow

Post by Alex Gustow »

Sudip, I fully agree with you :) we all are software objects :) and our AI is "not the best" :)

But batteries of laptop (where the program - that created me - running) are almost empty - it is necessary to recharge them (and someone would think that I eat... ha-ha!.. I eat meat with potatoes!.. what's a nonsense - object eats!.. "it's not truth, friend, - it's only a movie!" :) )
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

Alex Gustow wrote:Really???? You didn't see it???? This is "must have" movie for each SF-fan!!! It's NUMBER ONE for all times!!!
(IMHO - but it's really SPACE, really PEOPLE - in the future and in the deep past of mankind, at the dawn of civilization... really SENCES, really PHILOSOPHY, really TRAGEDY, really MAGIC... really FUTURE!.. and what's the music!!!!!.. not only "blasters", strange "entities" and other cinema effects maded on PCs)
I understood... I'll try again... I promise :)
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
sudip

Post by sudip »

Alex Gustow wrote:Sudip, I fully agree with you :) we all are software objects :) and our AI is "not the best" :)

But batteries of laptop (where the program - that created me - running) are almost empty - it is necessary to recharge them (and someone would think that I eat... ha-ha!.. I eat meat with potatoes!.. what's a nonsense - object eats!.. "it's not truth, friend, - it's only a movie!" :) )
Same to me also :lol:
BTW, my creator made a bug - I can't explain what I want to say :lol: :lol:
With best regards,
Sudip