I want to be a HMG Poster

New members who wish to post and participate in HMG Forum, please introduce yourselves in this forum by starting a new thread.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Re: I want to be a HMG Poster

Post by esgici »

Hello Dragan

Welcome aboard :)

Salutes from Turkiye :)

Happy HMG'ing :D
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
danielmaximiliano

Post by danielmaximiliano »

Bienvenido Dragan , es muy bueno conocer a otra gente que quiera trabajar con Harbour HMG.
desde Buenos Aires, Argentina un saludos grande.

Welcome Dragan, is very good to meet other people who want to work with Harbour/ HMG.
from Buenos Aires, Argentina one big greetings.
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´. (¸.·` *
.·`. Harbour/HMG : It's magic !
(¸.·``··*

Saludos / Regards
DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO

Whatsapp. := +54901169026142
Telegram Name := DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO
Richard_Schmidt

Post by Richard_Schmidt »

New Participant from Germany

Hi folks ..
I'm new to this forum but actually have some experience with xBase programming.
Started with little utilities to make my work easier and more efficient with dBase III/IV and Clipper in the 80's.
Later I discovered dBFast from ComputerAssociates and migrated all my programs to the Windows platform.
This worked very well from Windows95 until Windows XP.

With the advent of Windows7 I had to look for a new development platform considering e.g. C#, Java, VisualBasic ...
Fortunately I got caught by the Harbour project and after a short time I found myself rather familiar within this environment.
I started recoding some simple programs with the help of the tutorial and some of the sample programs.
So far, I have to congratulate you to the GREAT WORK that has been accomplished !!!

The HMG-Forum with its different topics was also very helpful - but some questions have been unanswered.

One of my actual problems is the following:

With the increasing size of the source code I want to split the program into several prg-files.
This works well with functions or procedures being included in a seperate file.
But doing this with parts of the program containing GUI-Elements (windows, controls) results in a syntax error.
I guess there is a simple solution - but the search function delivered no helpful results.

(Please excuse my bad English - my Spanish is even worse)

Best Regards
Richard Schmidt
Javier Tovar

Post by Javier Tovar »

I'm also new to HMG, but that I have seen here is that PRG files used by # include "MiArchi.prg"

Where each PRG may contain, procedures, functions, which can contain a whole separate application with its windows and controls, but remember that the PRG contain procedures or functions that make complete tasks.

If you have a sample demonstration where you get the error, you better so they can help more accurately.
danielmaximiliano

Post by danielmaximiliano »

Richard_Schmidt wrote:New Participant from Germany

Hi folks ..
Hola Richard : Bienvenido al Foro de HMG
saludos desde Buenos Aires Argentina.
puede usted tambien publicar en Español, puede ser que se recorte la cantidad de participantes que intentaran ayudarlo pero seguramente lo haremos.
Richard_Schmidt wrote: 1This works well with functions or procedures being included in a seperate file.
But doing this with parts of the program containing GUI-Elements (windows, controls) results in a syntax error.
I guess there is a simple solution - but the search function delivered no helpful results.
puede usted declarar la la ventana asociada que contiene los controles que usted necesita manejar.

Hi Richard: Welcome to HMG
greetings from Buenos Aires Argentina.
Richard_Schmidt wrote: 1This works well with functions or procedures being included in a seperate file.
can you declare the associated window that contains the controls you need to manage.
look here : C:\hmg.3.1.5\SAMPLES\EXTERNAL.WINDOWS\MULTIWIN\miscproc.prg
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´. (¸.·` *
.·`. Harbour/HMG : It's magic !
(¸.·``··*

Saludos / Regards
DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO

Whatsapp. := +54901169026142
Telegram Name := DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO
esgici

Post by esgici »

Hi Richard

You are welcome aboard :)
Richard_Schmidt wrote:...
Every program file containing HMG features ( GUI elements or HMG Function etc ) need to #include <hmg.ch>; probably your need is this.

Salutes from Turkiye,

Happy HMG'ing

Esgici
Agil Abdullah

Post by Agil Abdullah »

Hi all,

I live in Jakarta (Indonesia), 54 years old, an ex professional CLIPPER and database programmer around 1986-2000. Also ex programmer in COBOL and BASIC.

I retired as programmer since 2005. And this year I decided to comeback as programmer after I find Harbour Compiler and the like; they impress me very very much. That's way joining this forum to become as a poster truly very interesting to me. Hope I could promote Harbour in my country Indonesia after finding myself being good in using HMG.

Fortunately, I am a public blogger, a writer at social media. I hope I could help you to make documentation, especially in Indonesian language ; a lot of potential Indonesian programmers do not read English well. At the same time I find hundreds of database programmers in Indonesia who need to improve their skill, but -once again- English is one out of their weekness.

When you find any mistake of my posts here, pls do not hesitate to let me know. I'll make corrections accordingly. I need help to recompile my source programs written under CLIPPER 5.2e with Harbour Compiler. Currently I use Windows 7 for work in my office.

Many thanks to all of you.

Agil Abdullah (just call me Agil)
Jakarta, Indonesia
Agil Abdullah Albatati (just call me Agil)
Programmer Never Surrender
bpd2000

Post by bpd2000 »

Mr. Agil
Welcome from India
BPD
Convert Dream into Reality through HMG
esgici

Post by esgici »

Hello Agil

Welcome aboard :)

Salutes from Turkiye to Indonesia :D

I hope we will make use your valuable experiences;
I always regret seasoned xBase programmers ( like me ;) )

By the way, I'm also "Abdullah"; not by name but by the meaning ;)

Happy HMG'ing :D
Agil Abdullah

Post by Agil Abdullah »

Hi BPD,

Thanks.... "salam" from Indonesia to India

Hi Esgici,

Thanks.... "salam" from Indonesia to Turkey.

I have read your blog "Viva Clipper" and I found it excellent and drove me to this forum.

Best regads,

Agil
Agil Abdullah Albatati (just call me Agil)
Programmer Never Surrender