I want to be a HMG Poster

New members who wish to post and participate in HMG Forum, please introduce yourselves in this forum by starting a new thread.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Alex Gustow

Re: I want to be a HMG Poster

Post by Alex Gustow »

Hi Frank! Welcome from Russia! :)

3D-scene development?? It sounded very interesting! I tried to use simple things with "3D GameStudio" few months ago - and if we'll have "3D-HMG"..! ;)
cdsaenz

Re: I want to be a HMG Poster - always going back to Clipper

Post by cdsaenz »

Hi, I'm from Argentina, my name is Charly and used to be a full time programmer once :)
Now I'm a little more oriented to other IT areas (for work, no more than Progress 4GL...), but my heart stays with programming, and now I mostly do it for fun which is good.. Started out with Basic, bits of C, Pascal, and fell in love with XBase (dBase, FoxBase) where I found Clipper and stayed there for some long while.

As many of you, I guess, Windows presented a challenge, and CA-VO was not satisfying for me at the time (though it introduced me to OOP), heavy run-time depending, buggy, and not cheap... VB was a GREAT idea but it was only until Borland Delphi improved over VB concept that I found the second love of my programming life. And stayed there for a longer while.

Lately only PHP and Ajax really shook my world, but always kept expecting a "Clipper For Windows" true to the original spirit (high level language, single EXE compilation, easy database) plus the newer ways (foxpro-like windows/controls definitions, a simple IDE/Forms Generator). And so I found Harbour, which means clipper lives on. And now HMG.. Good!!

So thanks for this Roberto! You're doing something big here with the community. And would like to be a part of it, at least as a hobbyist ;) Nos vemos por aqui.
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Post by Rathinagiri »

Charly,

So nice of you.

Hearty welcome from India.

Now as a HMG poster, you can post anywhere. :)
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Post by esgici »

Hola Charly, welcome aboard :)

Saludos desde Turkiye :D

--

Esgici
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
cdsaenz

Post by cdsaenz »

Gracias a ambos, thank you both! :)
Charly
Argentina, Hobbyist developer, Clipper/Delphi/PHP/Progress
swapan

Re: I want to be a HMG Poster - always going back to Clipper

Post by swapan »

cdsaenz wrote:Hi, I'm from Argentina, my name is Charly and used to be a full time programmer once :)
Now I'm a little more oriented to other IT areas (for work, no more than Progress 4GL...), but my heart stays with programming, and now I mostly do it for fun which is good.. Started out with Basic, bits of C, Pascal, and fell in love with XBase (dBase, FoxBase) where I found Clipper and stayed there for some long while.

As many of you, I guess, Windows presented a challenge, and CA-VO was not satisfying for me at the time (though it introduced me to OOP), heavy run-time depending, buggy, and not cheap... VB was a GREAT idea but it was only until Borland Delphi improved over VB concept that I found the second love of my programming life. And stayed there for a longer while.

Lately only PHP and Ajax really shook my world, but always kept expecting a "Clipper For Windows" true to the original spirit (high level language, single EXE compilation, easy database) plus the newer ways (foxpro-like windows/controls definitions, a simple IDE/Forms Generator). And so I found Harbour, which means clipper lives on. And now HMG.. Good!!

So thanks for this Roberto! You're doing something big here with the community. And would like to be a part of it, at least as a hobbyist ;) Nos vemos por aqui.
Welcome Charly!
Nice to read your story............ for social/family security reasons sometimes we do have to opt for other options and may compelled to drop our main passion (like doing programming only)....I can understand how great you must have felt when you discovered harbour and hmg - which gives wings to our old Clipper...so that we can fly at par with others in this modern development world.
Thanks & Regards,
Swapan Das

http://www.swapandas.com/
Alex Gustow

Post by Alex Gustow »

Welcome from Russia, Charly! :)
cdsaenz

Post by cdsaenz »

Hi Alex! Thanks! Russia.. home from the great great George Starostin, my favourite rock critic ever!

http://starling.rinet.ru/music/index.htm
Charly
Argentina, Hobbyist developer, Clipper/Delphi/PHP/Progress
Alex Gustow

Post by Alex Gustow »

Hi Charly! Thanks for "finger-pointing" to Starostin's reviews (very interesting, I didn't know about this place before).
mmercado

Post by mmercado »

Hello everyone in this forum.

My name is Manuel Mercado Gómez, I'm a freelance programmer from Mexico.

I'm trying to learn a little from MiniGui.

Best regards.