Hi from Uruguay, South America

New members who wish to post and participate in HMG Forum, please introduce yourselves in this forum by starting a new thread.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

mrclinker

Hi from Uruguay, South America

Post by mrclinker » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:24 pm

Hi folks!

I am Mr. Clinker, back in the programming saddle again after a client of mine who has been using a Clipper system since 1994, (yes, 1994), wants to move to Windows Xp.

My native language is Spanish, so forgive me if I make some spelling or grammar errors.

As you can imagine, I have tons of questions regarding this process of "code-rewriting", so I think you will be hearing of me very often.

Best regards to all.

Mr. Clinker
Uruguay
South America

Vanguarda

Post by Vanguarda » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:41 pm

Hi Mr. Clinker,

Welcome aboard...

In here you will be very happy.... and learn about this wonderfull LIB.

With best regards,

PS: SOrry my bad english.
--
Paulo Sérgio Durço (Vanguarda)

http://hmglights.wordpress.com/

luisvasquezcl

Post by luisvasquezcl » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:07 pm

Hi Mr. Clinker
Welcome...
Saludos desde Viña del Mar, Chile,
Luis Vasquez.

esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Post by esgici » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:57 pm

Hola Mr. Clinker

Welcome aboard, saludos from Turkey :)

Please don't hesitate for asking questions; without questions all answer are meaningless ;)

Also don't worry about language; here isn't TOEFL forum :)

Regards

--

Esgici
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D

Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Post by Rathinagiri » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:27 pm

Hi Mr. Clinker,

Welcome aboard.

I am sure we can learn from each other a lot.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.

Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:10 pm

mrclinker wrote: <...>
My native language is Spanish, so forgive me if I make some spelling or grammar errors.
<...>
South America
Te doy la bienvenida desde el otro lado del charco! (Welcome from Argentina!)

:)

Regards/Saludos,

Roberto.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)

sudip

Post by sudip » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:45 am

Hello Clinker,
I am from Kolkata, India.
mrclinker wrote: I am Mr. Clinker, back in the programming saddle again after a client of mine who has been using a Clipper system since 1994, (yes, 1994), wants to move to Windows Xp.
Yes, some of my clients also still using very old programs originally developed with clipper :)

And some of them still using clipper programs with winXp (with some problems also ;) )

With best regards.

Sudip
With best regards,
Sudip

Alex Gustow

Post by Alex Gustow » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:59 pm

mrclinker wrote:I am Mr. Clinker, back in the programming saddle again after a client of mine who has been using a Clipper system since 1994, (yes, 1994), wants to move to Windows Xp.
Hi from Russia, Mr. Clinker!

In our office I'm trying to move a lot of our very old soft (since 1992! yes!) from Clipper to Harbour (it's medicine management related: statistics, financial, stuff of reports for region and federal ministry... & other garbage...).

This soft is in use years and years... but we need to work in "XP world" (like your clients)... and in "after-XP world"... and in "Linux-world"... and in "WWW world" (with a little help from Roberto's HMGSCRIPT, I think :) )... And we don't want (and haven't enough hands and time) to rewrite this tons of code from "zero point"...

And in this situation only Harbour (+HMG of course!!) is "light in the darkness". :) So - you're in good (and friendly) place! :) Welcome!
mrclinker wrote:My native language is Spanish, so forgive me if I make some spelling or grammar errors.
As guys already said: Don't worry about it! We understand your silly questions - you understand our silly answers! :)) "That's all right mama!" (as Elvis sang)

jrendon

Post by jrendon » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:52 am

Hi Mr. Clinker

Welcome to the forum

Best regards from Mexico.

Juan Rendon

Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Post by Rathinagiri » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:01 am

Alex Gustow wrote:
mrclinker wrote:I am Mr. Clinker, back in the programming saddle again after a client of mine who has been using a Clipper system since 1994, (yes, 1994), wants to move to Windows Xp.
Hi from Russia, Mr. Clinker!

In our office I'm trying to move a lot of our very old soft (since 1992! yes!) from Clipper to Harbour (it's medicine management related: statistics, financial, stuff of reports for region and federal ministry... & other garbage...).

This soft is in use years and years... but we need to work in "XP world" (like your clients)... and in "after-XP world"... and in "Linux-world"... and in "WWW world" (with a little help from Roberto's HMGSCRIPT, I think :) )... And we don't want (and haven't enough hands and time) to rewrite this tons of code from "zero point"...

And in this situation only Harbour (+HMG of course!!) is "light in the darkness". :) So - you're in good (and friendly) place! :) Welcome!
mrclinker wrote:My native language is Spanish, so forgive me if I make some spelling or grammar errors.
As guys already said: Don't worry about it! We understand your silly questions - you understand our silly answers! :)) "That's all right mama!" (as Elvis sang)
Perfectly worded Alex. Thanks.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.