Moderator: Rathinagiri

Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Re: HMGSCRIPT R38

Post by Roberto Lopez »

apais wrote:Hi Roberto
Do you know Bootstrap ??
Can it be integrated with HMGSCRIPT ?

I'm also studiyng noje.js for the server side.

Abrazos !!
Angel
And...

My idea is to keep HMGSCRIPT as simple and light as possible. Anyway, it is plain JavaScript, so I guess that anybody could use it among other JS libraries.

Regarding server, you could use anything you want. Moreover, a thing that should be added to HMGSCRIPTis a generic xmlhttprequest wrapper, to make calls to any server procedure and handle the response, without the need to write specific wrappers for each server procedure to call.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
apais
DBs Used: DBF

Post by apais »

BootStrap allows you to make hmtl components autoadjustable to the devide. Program once deploy anywhere (desktop, ios, android, you name it).
Another thing hmgscript needs urgently is a serious session control that uses html sessionstorage in order to avoid cookies.
Also server side validation of the sessions. It's too easy to save and modify some .js and take whatever I want from your server.
Also its needed a toolbar alike componet and a css controled left menu.
And that's just to start =)
Preloading of .js components should be done once and stored on localstorage so all your apps take them from local disk when necessary.

HTH
Angel
Angel Pais
Web Apps consultant/architect/developer.
HW_apache (webserver modules) co-developer.
HbTron (Html GUI for harbour desktop hybrid apps) co-developer.
https://www.hbtron.com
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

apais wrote:Another thing hmgscript needs urgently is a serious session control that uses html sessionstorage in order to avoid cookies.
Also server side validation of the sessions. It's too easy to save and modify some .js and take whatever I want from your server.
Also its needed a toolbar alike componet and a css controled left menu.
And that's just to start =)
At first, HMGSCRIPT must be considered experimental (I've tagged as 'alpha' in SourceForge) and I'm just learning about web technologies. Said that, I have the following comments:

- Currently, server procedures check for valid user, every time, so, only clients with valid credentials can access. Username and password are stored in public variables in the client side, until the user logs out (then their content is destroyed).

- I can't see the point on use cookies or sessionstorage, since we have JS global variables, visible to all the application and live until app termination to temporarily store anything sent by the server to the client. Remember that in HMGSCRIPT there is not page reloads at all. We are making an application and not a web site. Maybe, you need to make a deeper review of HMGSCRIPT model.

- Regarding possible client code modifications with malicious intentions, it can be eventually done with any HTML/JS client app. The solution for this is to use non-generic server procedures. Generic procedures like dbappend, dbmodify and dbdelete are intended to be used when security is not a big concern. In any other case, specific (custom) procedures must be used.

- I plan enhance security, assigning a temporary token to the user and returning such value to the client, to be used in subsequent server requests in the same session. This scheme will allow us to assign a 'timeout' for sessions.

As I've said, I just learning about this, so, any other comments are welcome.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
apais

Post by apais »

Hi Roberto

I'm learning too and like very much the way to have initiated.
I'm willing to help you as much as I can.
HMGSCRIPT + jquery + bootstrap == kickass apps !!!

Best Regards
Angel

Hint: Did you know that there's a way to convert and html5 app to native ios o android apps ?
This is serious stuff !!
Angel Pais
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

apais wrote:Hint: Did you know that there's a way to convert and html5 app to native ios o android apps ?
This is serious stuff !!
Apache Cordova?
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
apais

Post by apais »

You nailed it down !
Angel Pais
luisfrancisco62

Post by luisfrancisco62 »

super genial gracias a todos