Starting : Multi Accounting Year with Multi Database

You can share your experience with HMG. Share with some screenshots/project details so that others will also be benefited.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

sudip

Starting : Multi Accounting Year with Multi Database

Post by sudip »

Hi All,

This project was (and is) my dream. I dreamed it since when I heard about MySql. I tried with VFP (when I started windows programming from Clipper), but faced problems.

Now, I just started the base of my dream project with HMG. Now, it is very small and very simple. It is so small that you may laugh at my "big" words. ;) Thank you Rathi, you showed me the path.
InfoSql001.jpg
InfoSql001.jpg (25.64 KiB) Viewed 9242 times
Please download source code at
InfoSql.zip
(6.71 KiB) Downloaded 719 times
This project will create a database "info". When you select an accounting year it will automatically create "infoxxxxyyyy" database, where xxxx is the starting year of accounting period and yyyy is the ending year of accounting period.

Please send your comments. I need them very much to learn HMG and MySql.

With best regards.

Sudip
With best regards,
Sudip
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Re: Starting : Multi Accounting Year with Multi Database

Post by Rathinagiri »

Yes, Sudip. We can have separate databases one for the main database and others, one for each year.

Even we can have multiple companies - year wise or multiple years - company wise or multiple years - multiple companies. Back up is also easy. My accounting software is like this. :)
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
sudip

Post by sudip »

rathinagiri wrote:Yes, Sudip. We can have separate databases one for the main database and others, one for each year.

Even we can have multiple companies - year wise or multiple years - company wise or multiple years - multiple companies. Back up is also easy. My accounting software is like this. :)
Thank you Rathi. So, I am in the right track!!! :D My next target will be a multi-company multi-a/c year software!!! :)

BTW, my old Clipper multi-company software was easily copied. ;) And after that I had a natural tendency to hard code company name (very novice attempt to overcome copy protection). My clients pay a small amount for additional company. I am searching for a better way to do this!!! :)

With best regards.

Sudip
With best regards,
Sudip
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Post by Rathinagiri »

For this reason, I hard code the volume number of the hard disk ;). They can copy and put in a different hard disk but it won't work. :)

However, If our client wants to format his hard disk, or changes his system, (s)he requires our help too.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.