HMG version installed

You can share your experience with HMG. Share with some screenshots/project details so that others will also be benefited.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Pablo César

HMG version installed

Post by Pablo César »

Thank you guys for you interest and good words, very appreciated. :)
dhaine_adp wrote:Perhaps it can be embedded with the IDE to switch HMG Versions on fly and reload the new IDE that came with that specific version.
Hi Danny, this is my main reason to create this app. I wish to make a kind of Samples Explorer to manage all samples of different HMG version installed. Imagine to open in IDE according HMG version, open samples folder, build the demo, run the demo and all by selecting in which version you are... not need to rename any path, only mention the appropriated path.
Other versions:

<Drive:>hmg3046
<Drive:>hmg314
<Drive:>hmg313
You have renamed paths in your HMG installations. So, in the first column, how is displaying for you the HMG version ? Is it quite the same in the image posted in my first message ?
Then if I needed to compile in HMG 3046 I will rename the <Drive:>\hmg to <Drive:>\hmg315 and rename <Drive:>\hmg3046 to <Drive:>\hmg

Manually renaming is also good, my preferred lazy butt solution.
With SExplorer app that I will make, anyone will be able to build accordingly the right version without renaming paths... :)

Thanks for your your bring your ideas. :)
HMGing a better world
"Matter tells space how to curve, space tells matter how to move."
Albert Einstein
Pablo César

HMG version installed

Post by Pablo César »

fchirico wrote:Pablo, en mi pc, a demás de la versión 3.1.5 , también tengo instalada la versión 2.9.4 y, esta última no la reconoce.

Solo es a modo informativo.

Muy buena la aplicación.

----------------------------------

Paul, on my pc, besides for version 3.1.5, I have also installed the 2.9.4 version, and the latter is not recognized.

It's just as informative.

Very good application.
Gracias Fernando por tu información. La versión 2.9.4 en su instalación, no debe haber inserido alguna propiedades en el registro del Windows. Voy instalar esa version y voy a verificar el lunes.
Otra cosa, este aplicativo, verifica la versión instalada en el Windows. Es decir, lo que se registró en el Windows en su instalación. Pero si copiamos la carpeta del HMG directamente en nuestro disco, no será detectado porque no estará registrado en el Windows. Y si se instala el HMG normalmente através del programa de instalación, es decir registrando normalmente en el Windows y después la carpeta del HMG es renombrada, no irá ser detectado. Eso porque verifica primeramente lo que fué registrado en el Windows y después verifica si el path registrado realmente existe. Es decir, todo esto irá funcionar normal si las instalaciones del HMG son hecha de forma convencional através de la instalación que acompaña el HMG.

---

Thank you Fernando for your information. The 2.9.4 version during it installation, there must have not inserted some properties in the Windows registry. I will install on my pc this version and check on Monday.
Another thing, this application, checks the version installed on Windows. I means, what is recorded in the Windows installation. But if you copy the folder directly in our disk HMG will not be detected because it is not registered with the installed path on Windows. And if you install the HMG normally using the installation program, ie normally registering at Windows and then the HMG folder is renamed, it will be NOT detected. Because the first checks what it was registered at Windows and then checks if the path registered is actually exists. In other words, all this will works normally if HMG are installed conventionally made trough executable installer which accompaning the HMG.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
dhaine_adp

Re: HMG version installed

Post by dhaine_adp »

Hi Pablo,
You have renamed paths in your HMG installations. So, in the first column, how is displaying for you the HMG version ? Is it quite the same in the image posted in my first message ?
The image attached shows how it looks in my all c:\hmg installations (as expected they all look c:\hmg). Like this kind of installation, the desktop shortcut is always pointing on the same file and location and executes HMG-IDE blindly.

I did this kind of installation since HMG 2.x to avoid the nuisance of copying the include and libs to the new hmg version directory. Running the HMG uninstall kept all my includes and lib files intact on c:\hmg\inlcude and on c:\hmg\lib. During rebuilding of libs, the batch files place them on that very same folder. This trick is still works fine with HMG 3.1.5. In the end each installation folders contains my own includes and libs rebuilt for that HMG specific version. Truly unconventional, maybe, but Hb and HMG is so simple that it works that way without a mess. Yet still true is the freedom of Clipper still obviously lives with HMG and Hb. :)

Regards,

Danny
Attachments
This how it look like:
This how it look like:
hmgInstall.JPG (25.32 KiB) Viewed 5893 times
Regards,

Danny
Manila, Philippines
Pablo César

HMG version installed

Post by Pablo César »

Hi Dany, thank you for yopur reply. Now I understand your logic, and when you said to rename ones in case. Very simple, very logic and very functional.

I use to keep in different path, because I still wish to differantiate between 3.0.35, 3.0.46 and the newest version of HMG.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
fchirico

Post by fchirico »

Pablo César wrote:
fchirico wrote: ...... Y si se instala el HMG normalmente através del programa de instalación, es decir registrando normalmente en el Windows y después la carpeta del HMG es renombrada, no irá ser detectado. Eso porque verifica primeramente lo que fué registrado en el Windows y después verifica si el path registrado realmente existe.....
accompaning the HMG.
Gracias Pablo por responder.

Efectivamente lo que hice es eso que tu dices, instalar HMG 2.9.4 y luego renombrar la carpeta, es por ello que entonces no detecta la versión.

Nuevamente muchas gracias.

--------------------------------
Thanks Paul for replying.

Indeed what I did is that you say, HMG install 2.9.4 and then rename the folder, which is why then does not detect the version.

Again thank you very much.
Saludos, Fernando Chirico.
Pablo César

HMG version installed

Post by Pablo César »

fchirico wrote:Efectivamente lo que hice es eso que tu dices, instalar HMG 2.9.4 y luego renombrar la carpeta, es por ello que entonces no detecta la versión.
--------------------------------
Indeed what I did is that you say, HMG install 2.9.4 and then rename the folder, which is why then does not detect the version.
Ahh gracias Fernando por esclarecernos. Yo ya estaba dispuesto a verificar las versiones 2.x que talvez podria tener algunas propiedades faltantes o con diferente nombres.
Si quieres hacer una prueba, inutilizas dejandolo como comentario, la linea 29 en If HB_DirExists(cReg2) del demo3.prg para que pueda listarlos mismo no estando en el path registrado.

Cómico: Me gustó ver mi nombre traducido en ingles... jajajaja

---

Ahh thanks Fernando to clarify. I was willing to verify the 2.x versions that maybe could have some different properties or some names missing.
If you want to test, block the line 29 (as a comments) in If HB_DirExists (cReg2) at demo3.prg so then it will be listed anyway even not being with same path as registered.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
Pablo César

HMG version installed

Post by Pablo César »

Improving example:
Screen.PNG
Screen.PNG (22.6 KiB) Viewed 5697 times
Test it and see how many HMG installations you have in your PC. I hope you enjoy ! :D

<Source codes and executable files were removed because there is a updated version ahead of this topic>
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
Pablo César

HMG version installed

Post by Pablo César »

I kindly ask you to test in your PC this executable file (is in my last message) and post here you screen capture image of the result, just to get and know several samples of HMG installation. I will appreciated your cooperations.

I intend to reassume SExplorer project to facilitate the location of the demos in different versions installed.

Thanks in advanced.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
bpd2000

Post by bpd2000 »

Unable to compile
Harbour 3.2.0dev (r1407111333)
Copyright (c) 1999-2014, http://harbour-project.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In file included from demo4.prg:241:0:
../../../../../hmg/bpd/Demo4 (1)/Registry.c: In function 'HB_FUN_REGOPENKEY':
../../../../../hmg/bpd/Demo4 (1)/Registry.c:5:4: warning: implicit declaration of function 'hb_parnl' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
../../../../../hmg/bpd/Demo4 (1)/Registry.c:8:4: warning: implicit declaration of function 'hb_retnl' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
../../../../../hmg/bpd/Demo4 (1)/Registry.c:8:4: warning: implicit declaration of function 'hb_parc' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
../../../../../hmg/bpd/Demo4 (1)/Registry.c:8:32: warning: comparison between pointer and integer [enabled by default]
../../../../../hmg/bpd/Demo4 (1)/Registry.c:8:4: warning: implicit declaration of function 'hb_osStrU16Encode' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
../../../../../hmg/bpd/Demo4 (1)/Registry.c:8:32: warning: pointer/integer type mismatch in conditional expression [enabled by default]
../../../../../hmg/bpd/Demo4 (1)/Registry.c:9:4: warning: implicit declaration of function 'hb_stornl' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
../../../../../hmg/bpd/Demo4 (1)/Registry.c: In function 'HB_FUN_REGENUMKEYEXW':
../../../../../hmg/bpd/Demo4 (1)/Registry.c:41:7: warning: implicit declaration of function 'hb_storc' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
../../../../../hmg/bpd/Demo4 (1)/Registry.c:41:7: warning: implicit declaration of function 'hb_osStrU16Decode' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
C:/hmg/lib/libhmg.a(c_winapimisc.o):c_winapimisc.c:(.text+0x2180): multiple definition of `HB_FUN_REGCLOSEKEY'
C:/DOCUME~1/user/LOCALS~1/Temp/hbmk_zygi6j.dir/demo4.o:demo4.c:(.text+0x260): first defined here
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
hbmk2[demo4]: Error: Running linker. 1
gcc.exe C:/DOCUME~1/user/LOCALS~1/Temp/hbmk_zygi6j.dir/demo4.o C:/DOCUME~1/user/LOCALS~1/Temp/hbmk_zygi6j.dir/hbmk_l0zcom.o "C:/hmg/bpd/Demo4 (1)/_temp.o" -Wl,--nxcompat -Wl,--dynamicbase -mwindows -Wl,--start-group -lhmg -lcrypt -ledit -leditex -lgraph -lini -lreport -lhfcl -lmsvfw32 -lvfw32 -lhbct -lhbwin -lhbmzip -lminizip -lhbmemio -lhbmisc -lhbmysql -lmysql -lhbtip -lhbsqlit3 -lsddodbc -lrddsql -lsddmy -lhbodbc -lodbc32 -lhbhpdf -lhbfimage -lhbpgsql -lhbnetio -lxhb -lpng -llibhpdf -lhbvpdf -lhbzebra -lhbextern -lhbdebug -lhbvmmt -lhbrtl -lhblang -lhbcpage -lgtcgi -lgtpca -lgtstd -lgtwin -lgtwvt -lgtgui -lhbrdd -lhbuddall -lhbusrrdd -lrddntx -lrddcdx -lrddnsx -lrddfpt -lhbrdd -lhbhsx -lhbsix -lhbmacro -lhbcplr -lhbpp -lhbcommon -lhbmainwin -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -ladvapi32 -lws2_32 -liphlpapi -lwinspool -lcomctl32 -lcomdlg32 -lshell32 -luuid -lole32 -loleaut32 -lmpr -lwinmm -lmapi32 -limm32 -lmsimg32 -lwininet -lhbpcre -lhbzlib -Wl,--end-group -odemo4.exe -LC:/hmg/harbour/lib/win/mingw -LC:/hmg/lib
BPD
Convert Dream into Reality through HMG
Pablo César

HMG version installed

Post by Pablo César »

bpd2000 wrote:Unable to compile
Fixed !

This it was happing because now there is new registry function in HMG lib. So I cutted of Registry.c and now you can compile.

<Source codes and executable files were removed because there is a updated version ahead of this topic>

Thank you to report compiling error.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein