MEMBERSHIP MANAGEMENT SYSTEM

You can share your experience with HMG. Share with some screenshots/project details so that others will also be benefited.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

swapan

Post by swapan »

Dear All,

THE BACKGROUND: (u may ignore it!)
I'm a member of a fan club, and recently I volunteered (yes no money!) to develop a system to manage the members' database with all kind of info. along with payment details, renewal alerts etc. I was thinking to develop it in Clipper/xHarbour in console mode but Sudip, our HMG forum member suggested me to go for HMG. At that time I was just visiting this forum to enrich myself thereotically. There was no practical experience. With Sudip's encouragement, I took the decision to try for HMG and he supplied some samples to help me. To be on safe side I created the dbf first and keyed in the members' data and exported to excel - so that our fan club gets the basic data in presentable format - and in the meanwhile I started developing rather say learning HMG. The development is at present in snail speed but I'm enjoying it.

============================

MEMBER MASTER FORM (member.prg)
This form is my first hands-on experience with HMG, rather say my first attempt on GUI with Harbour/xHarbour It has just started and will grow - menus, other forms, printing options etc.
At present the best part of it, is how I display & store member's photo and link it with dbf.
Can be kept/installed at any location, just create/keep a sub-folder PHOTO where all picture files containing members' passport size photo will be kept.

C:\MEMBER:member.exe,member.dbf,0.BMP (yes keep this bmp here, will add to resource later on)
C:\MEMBER\PHOTO\*.bmp *.jpg all picture files here

HOW TO INSTALL:
---------------

JUst unzip it in any directory. It contains:

main folder:MMS
sub folder :MMS\PHOTO

HOW TO COMPILE:
---------------

Once go through the batch files compile.bat & m.bat if the path settings are ok with your hmg
installation settings.

The just run M.BAT

it will create member.exe

& then run this exe ......

Next job:

Payment details entry & view - linking with the member master entry
Any suggestion: browse or grid, what to use?

With regards,

Swapan Das
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE ATTACHED ZIP FILE AND OBLIGE ME BY TESTING IT.
Attachments
MMS.zip
(153.94 KiB) Downloaded 984 times
Thanks & Regards,
Swapan Das

http://www.swapandas.com/
esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Re: MEMBERSHIP MANAGEMENT SYSTEM

Post by esgici »

Hi Swapan

Thanks to sharing :)

Regards

--

Esgici
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Post by Rathinagiri »

Thanks a lot for sharing Swapan. It is so nice. I like the concept.

My suggestions:

1. If the photo file is not available, the previous photo is shown for that member. On change it can be cleared.

2. When more number of members has been added, the list would be very big and we can't search a member by his name. So, the grid's first column may have member name or we can have 'on headclick' event to sort according to slno or name.

3. For payment info, if it would contain the total payment history since the member's admission, grid would be better. Now we have cell navigation too. So, my suggestion is for grid.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
swapan

Post by swapan »

rathinagiri wrote:Thanks a lot for sharing Swapan. It is so nice. I like the concept.

My suggestions:

1. If the photo file is not available, the previous photo is shown for that member. On change it can be cleared.

2. When more number of members has been added, the list would be very big and we can't search a member by his name. So, the grid's first column may have member name or we can have 'on headclick' event to sort according to slno or name.

3. For payment info, if it would contain the total payment history since the member's admission, grid would be better. Now we have cell navigation too. So, my suggestion is for grid.

Thanks Rathi for reviewing my project. Never expected such prompt feedback.
Will look into your suggestions...
Thanks & Regards,
Swapan Das

http://www.swapandas.com/
sudip

Post by sudip »

Hi Swapan,

Good Start!!! :D

Excellent work as a primer (I faced it and I am facing it till now, also ;) )

Regarding review, I agree with Rathi.

(I just back my office after a whole day work at 3 different client places, so more on later)

Thanks for sharing ;)

Regards.

Sudip
With best regards,
Sudip