XaCT: a Costing Tool

You can share your experience with HMG. Share with some screenshots/project details so that others will also be benefited.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Re: XaCT: a Costing Tool

Post by Rathinagiri »

bpd2000 wrote:Suggest to add Import data from excel
with option to overwrite data for existing date / append data
It is a nice idea. This, I am considering for automatic price changes.

Regarding export, it is easy to implement.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
Agil Abdullah

Post by Agil Abdullah »

Code: Select all

Rathinagiri wrote:

In that case, you can add the source code of hmgsqlite library. :)
A) Oke. Now it works, like this my way:

1) Copy hmgsqlite.prg to folder XACT (file from above attached ZIP)
2) Copy all file *.A to folder LIB of HMG.3.3.1 (as BPD2000 suggested)
3) Modify ACT.HBP by adding hmgsqlite.prg at last line (to include building)
4) Build from Command Prompt > call \hmg.3.3.1\build.bat xact.hbp

Many thanks, from now on I can enjoy your program.

B) Suggestion:
I have no idea about what is exactly XACT for, because I've never been doing with that kind of job. I tried to create new workbook then I didn't know what to do next. Perhaps if you provide "HELP" menu to explain little bit what user can/should do, will help me a lot to do run the program.

Very nice, Bravo for Rathinagiri. :)

Salam Hangat dari Jakarta
Agil Abdullah Albatati (just call me Agil)
Programmer Never Surrender
Rathinagiri

Post by Rathinagiri »

You can first open the given costbook001.xb and move around. I am preparing a manual for this software.
dhaine_adp

Post by dhaine_adp »

Hi Rathi,

xAct is a very promising software. IMHO, with the right data sources, it can redefine or re-engineer manufacturing processes and would definitely influence changes in corporate strategy. Imagine that if you can integrate the FIFO cost of raw materials into finished goods alongside with direct labor cost, etc. you'll end up with a very accurate product cost based in activity and at any given time you can retrieve the actual in-process costs. I mean xAct is a game changer and will definitely create new paradigm. Perhaps there are a lot more application most especially if you think about the pharmaceutical industries.

Well congrats Rathi. I'm hoping that XACT would become a successful product in the near future.

Regards,

Danny
Regards,

Danny
Manila, Philippines
danielmaximiliano

Post by danielmaximiliano »

Maravilloso Software ..

gracias por compartir Rathi ...
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´. (¸.·` *
.·`. Harbour/HMG : It's magic !
(¸.·``··*

Saludos / Regards
DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO

Whatsapp. := +54901169026142
Telegram Name := DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO
Rathinagiri

Post by Rathinagiri »

dhaine_adp wrote:Hi Rathi,

xAct is a very promising software. IMHO, with the right data sources, it can redefine or re-engineer manufacturing processes and would definitely influence changes in corporate strategy. Imagine that if you can integrate the FIFO cost of raw materials into finished goods alongside with direct labor cost, etc. you'll end up with a very accurate product cost based in activity and at any given time you can retrieve the actual in-process costs. I mean xAct is a game changer and will definitely create new paradigm. Perhaps there are a lot more application most especially if you think about the pharmaceutical industries.

Well congrats Rathi. I'm hoping that XACT would become a successful product in the near future.

Regards,

Danny
Dear Danny,

You have rightly smashed the nail on its head! I have created this software XaCTly for that purpose.

In our industry (fireworks) there are many raw materials going in and many finished goods also coming out. These raw materials cross various processes before they are packed into finished goods. To find out the cost of all the products is a big task. I try to make it easier by creating a suitable software. The starting point is XaCT.
dhaine_adp

Post by dhaine_adp »

Hi again Rathi,
To find out the cost of all the products is a big task. I try to make it easier by creating a suitable software. The starting point is XaCT.
You might as well include date and time calculation in Julian Days to compound date and time together. That would allow the recording of various manufacturing/production stages like:
Phase I
(1) Machine Setting:
Start Date: xx/xx/xxxx Start Time: xx:xx:xx End Date: xx/xx/xxxx End Time: xx:xx:xx Total: nnn
Operator/s: nnn
Rated Power Consumption: nnn

(2) Mixture/Compounding:
Start Date: xx/xx/xxxx Start Time: xx:xx:xx End Date: xx/xx/xxxx End Time: xx:xx:xx Total: nnn
Team Members: nnn

Total Manhours: nnn Cost: nnnn

(3) Next Process/Phase
Although it is complex but possible. The xAct book should mirror the actual in-process sheet/log or process queue for each production batch. At the time that the products are packaged and stored ready for delivery, you'll have the actual manufacturing costs. Guest what??? In the next cycle you'll have the MRP-I and MRP-II inputs based on forecasts, projected quota and actual demands using the costs of your recent finished goods as basis or from the actual intransit materials that won't exceed your specific product manufacturing lead time. That would be awesome that can be achieved.

Next week I'll have more free time, I'll test XACT.

Regards,

Danny
Regards,

Danny
Manila, Philippines
Javier Tovar

Post by Javier Tovar »

Gracias Sr, Rathinagiri, excelente aplicación! :)

Saludos
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Thank Sr, Rathinagiri, great app! :)

regards