A Book on HMG

Creative ideas/suggestions for HMG

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Re: A Book on HMG

Post by Rathinagiri »

Nice idea! It will be beneficial to more.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
Alex Gustow

Post by Alex Gustow »

Good idea, Marek!

I tried to write (as I said) something like - borrowed from MiniGUI.chm (from HMG Ext.; edited by Janusz Pora; from old version - 1.5.54) and translated it on Russian... Only few lessons from chapter "What's MiniGUI?" (how to create application with simple window, main menu etc). I expanded and added information (for "newbie level" - to show to beginner right from "start point": "do it - and you can EASY create it!"). Now that work (temporary I hope) stops... But I think I'll continue it.

Look at this (design, sample pictures etc) - http://gustow.narod.ru/harbour/MiniGUI_help/welcome.htm

My English is "not the best" :( so I can't translate it to English - but maybe someone can?
esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Post by esgici »

Hi Alex
Alex Gustow wrote:Good idea, Marek!

I tried to write (as I said) something like - borrowed from MiniGUI.chm (from HMG Ext.; edited by Janusz Pora; from old version - 1.5.54) and translated it on Russian... Only few lessons from chapter "What's MiniGUI?" (how to create application with simple window, main menu etc). I expanded and added information (for "newbie level" - to show to beginner right from "start point": "do it - and you can EASY create it!"). Now that work (temporary I hope) stops... But I think I'll continue it.

Look at this (design, sample pictures etc) - http://gustow.narod.ru/harbour/MiniGUI_help/welcome.htm

My English is "not the best" :( so I can't translate it to English - but maybe someone can?
English of Google isn't the best :!: But succeed somethings...

The best is enemy of better ;)

Regards

--

Esgici
Attachments
Open page HMG of HMG Help by Alex Gustow
Open page HMG of HMG Help by Alex Gustow
HMG_AlexHelp.jpg (175.47 KiB) Viewed 4665 times
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
Alex Gustow

Post by Alex Gustow »

Hi Esgici! Yes it helps (so-so)...

I'll try to write something on English (1st lesson) in my "light" style - and post it (or link) here for friends's corrections.

My text style isn't like a "strong teacher" [one of my friends said: "if you see sleeping studens in auditorium - say some joke (for example about sex or stupid M$ programmers)... and all of them immediatly rises their heads" :) ]...

I try to show to beginner "a mine of treasures" ("write only 10-20 lines of text... run Compile.bat... and now... you see? you created professional-looking application for Windows!! yeah you did it!.. it's so simple!.. let's go next step!.."). And if he (she) decide to go to next lesson, "I'll can get - yeah! - satisfaction". :)
sudip

Post by sudip »

Hi Alex,

I really like your ways. :) When I taught computer software to students I also taught in a lighter mood (but, not upto that extent ;) ).

Yes, this is the best way to teach and learn anything :)

I really like your way of teaching :)

Thanks a lot.

With best regards.

Sudip
With best regards,
Sudip
Alex Gustow

Post by Alex Gustow »

Thanks Sudip!

I try to make "fools" (it's not abusive word - it's terminology: "fool - a man who knows about THAT [and only about THAT!] less than me") more clever :)

I'll try to write one lesson (about CHECKBUTTON - it will named "Cat+Rat=CatRat" :) ) on base of Google translation (I'd checked it - 90% of text is good... I need only few corrections and change Russian strings in example... oh yes - change pictures too). I'll post it to forum ASAP (for friends's opinions and corrections).
esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Post by esgici »

Alex Gustow wrote: ...
I'll post it to forum ASAP...
We will wait it eagerly Alex .

--

Esgici
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

Alex Gustow wrote: My text style isn't like a "strong teacher" [one of my friends said: "if you see sleeping studens in auditorium - say some joke (for example about sex or stupid M$ programmers)... and all of them immediatly rises their heads" :) ]...

I try to show to beginner "a mine of treasures" ("write only 10-20 lines of text... run Compile.bat... and now... you see? you created professional-looking application for Windows!! yeah you did it!.. it's so simple!.. let's go next step!.."). And if he (she) decide to go to next lesson, "I'll can get - yeah! - satisfaction". :)
Oh yes, that is the way!!!

I was a programming teacher for about 20 years and I've tried to have not so much 'sleepers' in my classrooms :)
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Alex Gustow

Post by Alex Gustow »

Hi all!

I prepared an example of translating one of the articles from my "expanded" version of HMG-Help. Yes it's about "CatRat" (i.e. about "CheckButton" from chapter "What's MiniGUI"). :)

I used Google-translation as "basis" (thanks Esgici for advice - I thought it will be more bad...) and corrected result. (Excuse me - pictures is "old", with Russian words: it's no time to change right now).

I'm waiting your opinions about style, design and general conception for such articles (to show to beginners "how easy you can do it!") ... and corrections of course.

Don't look to links to other articles - or look them in "original" (Russian) version at http://gustow.narod.ru/harbour/MiniGUI_help/welcome.htm
Attachments
example.rar
Example in ZIP-file
(16.75 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
sudip

Post by sudip »

Hi Alex,
Excellent! :)
I just love your style of teaching :D (and I am thinking about the hard work behind this lucid style ;) )
With best regards.
Sudip
With best regards,
Sudip