IsPrintJobSuccessful()

Creative ideas/suggestions for HMG

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

IsPrintJobSuccessful()

Post by Rathinagiri »

We have a wonderful print system in which after we give 'End PrintDoc' command, the report is being sent to the printer/preview.

My wish is to know whether the print job is successfully completed or not. Sometimes, printers might be out of papers. How can we verify? Can we have a function to know whether a print job is over from OS functions? One of my clients requires a feature that once a bill is successfully printed in the printer, that bill should not be editable.

I think this page might be useful.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
bpd2000

Re: IsPrintJobSuccessful()

Post by bpd2000 »

Nice function
Conversion of C code to HMG require
BPD
Convert Dream into Reality through HMG
esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Post by esgici »

Very nice idea :idea:

It would be great if we have such functionality :D

Best regards
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
EduardoLuis

Post by EduardoLuis »

Hi Rathi:

This is the first time i don't agree fully with you.-
Standard HMG print system is good, really good, but is far away from your 'superlative tool' HMG HPDF.-
Since your first version, i develope all printer outputs of my apps only with HMG-HPDF.-
My decision arrives when i discovered the great posibilities that give HMG-HPDF allowing develope most complex forms and reports, with less effort and practically without any limitations; capabilities as include graphics (png, bmp, jpg, etc., allignments, extreme specific pointer definitions to any text ( fractions of millimiters ), multiple fonts & sizes, multiple types of papers, and the benefits of a PDF form, lets me confirm is the best tool HMG developers can find.- HMG-HPDF capabilities are also more powefull than Crystal Reports.-
Is certainlly true that many developers from the presure of clients, prefer develope print outputs using standard HMG print system because of it simplicity; HMG_HPDF perhaps means invest some hours, but IMHO the final result justifies the effort.-
Please forgive me to disagree with you, but as HMG_HPDF is one of your best jobs, i must defend it.-
As allways with regards.
Eduardo
srvet_claudio

Post by srvet_claudio »

Rathinagiri wrote:We have a wonderful print system in which after we give 'End PrintDoc' command, the report is being sent to the printer/preview.

My wish is to know whether the print job is successfully completed or not. Sometimes, printers might be out of papers. How can we verify? Can we have a function to know whether a print job is over from OS functions? One of my clients requires a feature that once a bill is successfully printed in the printer, that bill should not be editable.

I will try to implement the API function GetJob ()
Best regards.
Dr. Claudio Soto
(from Uruguay)
http://srvet.blogspot.com
Rathinagiri

Post by Rathinagiri »

Wow! Thank you Claudio.

Dear Eduardo,

I also want to disagree with you. :)

1. Once we pour our code into the common pot, it is not one's contribution any more. So, it is not MY HMG_HPDF anymore but OUR.

2. HMG_HPDF is not hard anymore and we can use the same HMG PRINT code to print to pdf directly.

3. Even though we have HMG_HPDF, some reports has to be printed to the printers like a bill in PoS Terminals, ID Cards etc.,
EduardoLuis

Post by EduardoLuis »

Hi Rathi:

Please apologize me.- I don't take in count other printing outputs (like PoS Terminals, ID Cards ) just because all my clients demand long a complex Reports with mixed text (like newspaper), point where i've solve demands with HMG-HPDF.
Even though i'll test Print System, so when it's neccesary i can develope the right routine.-
Finally, when i mention "your" HMG_HPDF, what i mean is your paternity, the same way as most of us refer Roberto Lopez as HMG father.- This must not misunderstood: it's crystal clear for me that any contribution is for all of our fellowship.-
As allways, with regards dear friend.
Eduardo
Rathinagiri

Post by Rathinagiri »

Thank you for the understanding Eduardo. However, there is no need for any apology.
srvet_claudio

Post by srvet_claudio »

srvet_claudio wrote:
Rathinagiri wrote:We have a wonderful print system in which after we give 'End PrintDoc' command, the report is being sent to the printer/preview.

I will try to implement the API function GetJob ()
Done!!!
Best regards.
Dr. Claudio Soto
(from Uruguay)
http://srvet.blogspot.com
Rathinagiri

Post by Rathinagiri »

Superb Claudio. It will be really very much useful for me. Thanks a lot.