Creative ideas/suggestions for HMG

Moderator: Rathinagiri

serge_girard
DBs Used: 1 MySQL - MariaDB
2 DBF

HMG IDE

Post by serge_girard »

Hello,

In HMG IDE in TAB modules deleting a file results in a deletion of the line in the HBP-file AND the deletion of the PRG-file.
Deletion is correct in the HBP-file but sometimes not wanted for the PRG-file and it is irreversible: loss of your PRG-file (if no backup...)

Greetings,

Serge
There's nothing you can do that can't be done...
esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Re: HMG IDE

Post by esgici »

Hi Serge
serge_girard wrote:In HMG IDE in TAB modules deleting a file results in a deletion of the line in the HBP-file AND the deletion of the PRG-file.
Deletion is correct in the HBP-file but sometimes not wanted for the PRG-file and it is irreversible: loss of your PRG-file (if no backup...)
Definitely I agree with you :arrow:

Although HMG-IDE works as a file manager, deleting a file couldn't considered a task and a responsibility of of a project manager, I think.

Instead "Delete file" option of project menu "Exclude File" ( from project ) may be more usable and less dangerous.

Regards
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
Pablo César

HMG IDE

Post by Pablo César »

In these last version of IDE when we choose to "Delete file" and positioned on PRG, IDE now is not deleting phisically from the disk. But when we try to remove FMG file, this is removed phisically (we loose the file). My suggestions is to remove but to recycle bin with changes to be restored.
HMGing a better world
"Matter tells space how to curve, space tells matter how to move."
Albert Einstein