SAMPLES\BROWSE_1\browse10.prg ON CHANGE not respond

Creative ideas/suggestions for HMG

Moderator: Rathinagiri

arturogarciavazquez

SAMPLES\BROWSE_1\browse10.prg ON CHANGE not respond

Post by arturogarciavazquez »

Soy nuevo en miniGUI v267... y ejecutando SAMPLES\BROWSE_1\browse10.prg (->EXE) me resulta confuso que los registros se pueden seleccionar con ambos botones del ratón, pero el botón derecho parece no ejecutar ON CHANGE ChangeTest() del control BROWSE como puede verse en la barra de estado que muestra RECNO()

Tal vez ya han contestado esta pregunta, pero hasta ahora solo he leido la mitad de este foro.
¿Podrian decirme algo al respecto?
Gracias desde México.

Sorry for my bad english writing (but I'm a bit better on reading)
I'm new on miniGUI v267... and running SAMPLES\BROWSE_1\browse10.prg (->EXE) i'm a bit confused about records can be selected with both, left & right mouse buttons, but the right one seems to not launch ON CHANGE ChangeTest() from BROWSE control as seen in the statusbar showing RECNO()

Maybe you already answered this question, but I only have read the "half forum" at this time.
Could you say me anything about this?
Thanks from Mexico.
to check or not to check... that is the... sh*
méxico, nopal, sombrero, chiles, tortilla, mariachi, tequila ... "pitsa" ;) (wiki: pizza)
I know I need to improve my English. If necessary, show me my mistakes. Thanks in advance.
arturogarciavazquez

Re: SAMPLES\BROWSE_1\browse10.prg ON CHANGE not respond

Favor de probar C:\hmg\SAMPLES\BROWSE_4\browse2.prg con el botón derecho del mouse.

Please try C:\hmg\SAMPLES\BROWSE_4\browse2.prg with the mouse's right button.

Spanish
--------------------
Estoy pensando en los usuarios finales, cuando se dan cuenta de que a pesar de que han seleccionado un registro de la DBF principal, el resto de la información de la DBF secundaria no fue mostrada correctamente por nuestro programa...

...o peor aún, si creen que el programa les está mostrando la información correcta cuando de hecho no es así.

Un antiguo profesor solía decirme: "nunca sabrás lo que está pensando un usuario cuando usa tu programa, de manera que hazlo a prueba de errores."

--> Para la lista de deseos: Que el botón derecho también provoque el evento ON CHANGE.

With my bad english.
--------------------
I'm thinking on end users, when they realizes what even they select a record in the main DBF, the rest of the info from the secondary DBF is not shown correctly by our program...

...even worst, if they think our program is showing the right info when in fact it isn't.

An old teacher uses to tell me: "you never know what is in the end user mind when he is using your program, so make it strong to avoid human errors."

--> To the "WishList": Rigth button launches an ON CHANGE event too.
méxico, nopal, sombrero, chiles, tortilla, mariachi, tequila ... "pitsa" ;) (wiki: pizza)
I know I need to improve my English. If necessary, show me my mistakes. Thanks in advance.
mol

Post by mol »

While using "browse" i saw that first I must click left mouse button to select record, and then press right button for context menu.
It seems that right button does not change value of browse....

In my opinion it's error in HMG

regards, Marek
arturogarciavazquez

Thanks for your answer, mol.

I downloaded miniGUI v.2.6.7 a few days ago, so I'm in the learning phase...
Checking the SAMPLES\MAINDEMO\demo.prg it seems the context menu don't let me know the specific row (record) where the right clic was applied.
This way the context menu is useful for general actions, but not for specific (current record related) actions. (maybe I'm wrong... "learning phase" : )

My concern is that the right click actually let the end user select a record, but if a secondary database is attached then the program cann't update its fields, so the screen remains with "old" info but that user could think is the perfect info. That's becouse the absence of ON CHANGE event with right click.

I used part of my "learning phase" in writing a tiny routines that can handle that situation. They are in alfa stage, but maybe some of you can tell me if they are usseful or are a complete stupidity.

I'M ADDING TO THIS POST A - ZIP - with the files on SAMPLES\BROWSE_4\ with a new 2 files Browse2NEW.prg and the related tiny routines in BrwMon1.prg

If you have miniGUI v2.6.7 installed, then you are ready to compile, just unzip the file and execute COMPILE_ALL
See if the secondary database is update while you try with double click, left click or right click.

PLEASE, let me know your opinion ...

PD. Oh my God, I just realized just now. But anyway I sending this post.
In the context menu (over the browse) I could check the value property of the browse on the ACTION event (of the context menu). But persist the issue with record selected with the secondary database not updated.
arturogarciavazquez

Sorry... to attach a file is necesary to use "REPLY" instead of the "bottom box".

So, here we go ...
NOTE: The file that can handle the right bottom and update the secondary database is Browse2NEW.prg

Unzip . . . Enjoy! . . . and Comment !
Attachments
BRWMON.zip
(6.53 KiB) Downloaded 525 times
arturogarciavazquez

Sorry for all of you who downloaded the file. It works, but contains some bugs: are fixed now.

I improve the inside documentation too. It contains a CHANGELOG section.
Please, let me know your opinion.

Thank you for try it.

Note: if new fixes are needed always search for the most recent ZIP uploaded in this thread
Attachments
BRWMON.zip
(13.28 KiB) Downloaded 491 times
arturogarciavazquez

no comments! (and 16 downloads)

I realy like to hear about you.

I added new sample (BROWSE4.PRG) wich uses 4 databases (with 2 OnChange triggers to launch updates on screen) and I separate the code, manual & changelog to improve the reading.

Apparently no new changes are needed to this small code for simulate a Browse-OnChange event for the right click of the mouse (but I'm waiting for your comments)

So, I declare this routines usable & Beta.

Unzip, Enjoy! ... and comment!

PD. If you realy think this routines are not necessary, please... let me know.
Attachments
BrwMon_20090128.zip
(13.33 KiB) Downloaded 518 times
gfilatov

Post by gfilatov »

arturogarciavazquez wrote:no comments! (and 16 downloads)

I realy like to hear about you.

Unzip, Enjoy! ... and comment!

PD. If you realy think this routines are not necessary, please... let me know.
Hello Arturo Garcia Vazquez,

Thanks for your efforts!

This known problem in the Official HMG was solved in the HMG Extended Edition at the core level.
Take a look at
http://hmgextended.com
and
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/harbourminigui

You are welcome!
Kind Regards,
Grigory Filatov

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." Albert Einstein
arturogarciavazquez

Thanks for answer so fast !

I'll read that info and then come bak here with something to say.

In Mexico we are at 3:00 am, so it's time to sleep ... but "I will back"

Again, thank you.