HMG Server?

Creative ideas/suggestions for HMG

Moderator: Rathinagiri

karweru
DBs Used: DBF,mysql,mariadb,postgresql,sqlite,odbc

HMG Server?

Post by karweru »

There's no doubt that HMG has been of immense help in salvaging tens of thousands of lines of old clipper code. The learning curve has also been easy thanks to a superb architecture and a very supportive community.

My main wish is if a server could be desgined, (more like the Leto Db server of ALexander Kresin which seems to have been abandoned), instead of having users result to expensive databases line ADS. This would make harbour a truly complete development platform and once again, restore xbase as the platform of choice for millions of users.

Anyone?
;)
Kind regards,
Gilbert.
gfilatov

Re: HMG Server?

Post by gfilatov »

karweru wrote: My main wish is if a server could be desgined, (more like the Leto Db server of ALexander Kresin which seems to have been abandoned), instead of having users result to expensive databases line ADS.
Anyone?
;)
Hi Karweru,

I have a good news for you - the Leto Db server of ALexander Kresin is updated now for using with current [x]Harbour SVN by Pavel Tsarenko and Diego M.Martin. Please take a look for LetoDb CVS with an updated sources.

:)
Kind Regards,
Grigory Filatov

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." Albert Einstein