A humble request...

Forum help and suggestions to improve this forum.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

A humble request...

Post by Rathinagiri »

Dear friends,

Recently I see many posts in Spanish language. I can't understand them even after translating using Google. I have no other way than to skip them reading. :cry:

So, I request those, posting in Spanish, to post also in English if possible. :idea:
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
bpd2000

Re: A humble request...

Post by bpd2000 »

Rathinagiri wrote: So, I request those, posting in Spanish, to post also in English if possible. :idea:
+1
BPD
Convert Dream into Reality through HMG
serge_girard
DBs Used: 1 MySQL - MariaDB
2 DBF

Post by serge_girard »

+1

Mostly I skip them too... it's a pity

Serge
There's nothing you can do that can't be done...
srvet_claudio

Post by srvet_claudio »

Rathinagiri wrote:Dear friends,

Recently I see many posts in Spanish language. I can't understand them even after translating using Google. I have no other way than to skip them reading. :cry:

So, I request those, posting in Spanish, to post also in English if possible. :idea:
Ok you're right :oops:
Best regards.
Dr. Claudio Soto
(from Uruguay)
http://srvet.blogspot.com
dragancesu
DBs Used: DBF, MySQL, Oracle

Post by dragancesu »

+1

at last, google translate works but sometimes the result is not true
skonuk

Post by skonuk »

+1

my English is not so good.
but as I wrote messages in their local language and in English at I share with.

At least other sharing / members of their own local language as well as English writing posts, the more would be nice.

Have a nice weekend.
Salim (Bursa-Turkey)

*----------------
benim ingilizcem o kadar iyi değil.
fakat yazdığım mesajları hem kendi yerel dilimde hemde ingilizcesi ile beraber paylaşıyorum.

En azından diğer paylaşımcı / üyelerinde kendi yerel dillerinin yanısıra ingilizce olarak da mesajlarını yazmaları, daha güzel olur.

İyi haftasonları.
Salim (Bursa-Türkiye)
esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Post by esgici »

I'm saying this repeatedly and nobody heard me :(

Most clever expert and most stubborn apologist of this talk style said : Free Conversation !

This means :

Code: Select all

if IneedHelp
   conversation := international
else
   conversation := local
endif
And my way is :

Code: Select all

If understood
   Help := .T.
else
   Help := .F.
endif
that is all !

Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D

PS: In fact not "that is all" :(

While localization of conversation continue with this acceleration, my interest will weaken to this my lovely forum :cry: :cry: :cry:

Added later :

PS 2 : I have never believed that anybody who can write a source program not understand nor can write international :mrgreen:

PS 3 : Double language isn't an adequate solution. We have seen repeatedly this scene: Once promised to writing in two language and then forgot in a few days. The only solution, as a rule of international talking, communication in this forum SHOULD BE ONLY way. Do not accept and refuse messages non-international. A no-answer question: there are dozens of local language used in forums: HarbourMiniGui.com, Clipper On-line, harbourminigui ES, MiniGUI Brazil, planet Harbour etc. Why is an international forum, the local language is being insisted :?:
Last edited by esgici on Sat May 03, 2014 6:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
Javier Tovar

Post by Javier Tovar »

Querido Rathinagiri, efectivamente el idioma muchas veces nos ocasiona problemas y malos entendidos, pero con el espíritu de entendernos, con el propósito de saber más sobre HMG y hacer crecer este lenguaje universal (HMG), vamos a poner primero nuestra lengua materna , en mi caso el español, y después en ingles. Se que es trabajar un poquito más, pero esperando buena comunicación con todos. Y por favor si Google Traslator tiene mala traducción una disculpa.

Saludos

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Dear Rathinagiri indeed language often causes us problems and misunderstandings, but in the spirit of understanding, in order to know more about HMG and grow this universal language (HMG), let's put our mother tongue first, in my if the Spanish, then in English. I know it's a little more work, but expecting good communication with everyone. And please if you have poor Google translation Traslator an apology.

regards
mol

Post by mol »

+1
I was writing about it a lot of time.
Google translations from Spanish to Polish are unusable. So, often I do not try to translate it.
Pablo César

A humble request...

Post by Pablo César »

Dear Rathinagiri, I remember well that tedious day that made me go through and there was a tremendous dilemma again with this issue of language. And you said that there was any restriction on languages​​.

These words are from your own here in the forum: "FREE COMUNICATION". Announcement that you have shown in all the forums and removed message after sometime. Do you remember ? And so what ?

I understand this dificulties for understanding other languages, but everyone need also to understand the following point-of-view:

When I have to comunicate with someone who speaks one of the 3 same language I speak, I ALWAYS will use his/her native language. It is just to avoid missunderstanding, make easy and fast, in English or whatever other language. Specially when is one matter concerned to unique person and much more reason when the matter it is so complicated to make long translations. Myself I have spent a lot of time explaining matter in both languages sometimes and I feel nobody answered or make any opinion about it, except the person who asked for.

Probably you may say it is better for everybody understanding, so make both languages. So, I think it is better to make public ALL messages (even addressed to a native laguage speaker, translated or not) than otherwise to treat some matters in privated messages (as probably will ocurrs from now).

So Rathi, I do not know what your intention in this, but if it was to cause discord: you got it ! (again). I'm tired of this subject, all strive to make ourselves understood.

If you are refering to one of the posts that I posted recently, it's clear that it was destined exclusively to Claudio and I still have made available to all of you in public for anyone interested in the subject could enjoy.

Rathinagiri when I used to write for you (and also for everybody when is for interest of all), I write in what language ? In English, ALWAYS, doen'st it ? Because that's our bridge of communication in English. So in that same meaning for other, why (in my case) do I have to write in English, if the other person speaks Spanish or Portuguese ?

To make translations in both languages, takes time. The same time or probably some more than you use Google translator...

There are many people here wanting to make problems because all around the language. And many are speaking in French, Turkish, Polish... please close this issue once and cease discord. We will not get anywhere with impositions... (I know you kindly asked, but pleeeeaaaaseee !)

If do you have any questions, any doubts with it was written: ASK !!

Make your questions, sometimes we have not much time enough for translations. I will try to write in both languages, when is possible. But do not ask me again ! Yourself said: FREE COMMUNICATION and no one is forced to speak a particular language.
HMGing a better world
"Matter tells space how to curve, space tells matter how to move."
Albert Einstein