post, file and web space

Forum help and suggestions to improve this forum.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

l3whmg

post, file and web space

Post by l3whmg »

Ciao Rathinagiri,

as you know, I started a small project (YAFC). To avoid the waste of web space, I wanted to know which is the operation of the project section.
Every time I do an upload of a file (of course with the same name), the previous one is covered or physically is another file? In other words, if the thread is composed of several posts and the user selects the files related to post 1 is physically the same as the post 25 :!:

:idea:
It would be nice if users of HMG want to make small (or big :roll: ) projects and raise money with PayPal.
Perhaps we could do something useful and make more visible HMG. At the same time raise money to be allocated to expenses (such as the Web). Establish a sort of supervisors and projects in line with the rules of HMG, etc. On this forum or in other web publish a catalog :)
I know that would be more useful to help Robert and the other (few) volunteers involved with the version 4 :oops:
What do you think?
Luigi from Italy
www.L3W.it
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Re: post, file and web space

Post by Rathinagiri »

Hi Luigi,

Thanks a lot for your interest.

Yes, If you upload a file (even the same file) to every post, it would be another file. This is the nature of the PHPBB software, the base on which our forum is running.

Regarding the web space, as of now we have abundant space/bandwidth available. We are now hosted in a semi-dedicated server, along with another website. The cost of running the site is borne by me which I am very much happy to spend :) Also, it is not such a big amount.

Surely by HMG, we are all benefited. IMHO, raising money is a policy decision, which should naturally be decided by Roberto.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
fchirico

Post by fchirico »

I like this!!!
Saludos, Fernando Chirico.
l3whmg

Post by l3whmg »

Ok I understand about money and for web you are the driver ;) .
I have my simple website: I can put file on my webpage and insert link into the post.
Can I do this on the forum post?
Best regards
Luigi from Italy
www.L3W.it
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Post by Rathinagiri »

Yes. You can very well post the url of the file you have uploaded in your website.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.