Lady Programmer for HMG

Discuss anything else that does not suite other forums.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

dhaine_adp

Re: Lady Programmer for HMG

Post by dhaine_adp »

Well, well, well..., so we have our First Lady HMG Programmer in the house... Alex, I am pretty sure that by learning programming, your daughter, I mean our First Lady HMG Progrmammer would defenitely gain an Analytic mind and creativity.

Welcome Masha...., Alex, what you did is really inspiring. All the best for you and your family.

Regards,

Danny
Regards,

Danny
Manila, Philippines
esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Post by esgici »

Hi

IMHO there is another important point :

I guess that Alex wrote HMG Book for primarily Masha.

And this approach made the work extremely easy to learn and funny.

So we have give another thanks to both, father and doughtier :)

Hi Alex

Please send my regards to Masha, a grand-uncle from Turkey :)

Regards

--

Esgici
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
swapan

Post by swapan »

Sudip thanks for initiating this interesting thread ...............................
Its nice to now Mr. Alex that your daughter has shown interest in our HMG. Say my "hello" & "Warm Greetings from India".

Its nice to know that she loves what her father loves & do for earning........may she become a fantastic programmer.

Then who's the next lady?! Anyone's wife?! :)

Roberto Sir:

You don't know how much joy & excitement I felt when I first came to know about HMG and your that site/blog where you've explained why you were looking for such a development tool..
I was fully agreed with your logic behind HMG. Sometimes we may not need a CANNON but just a GUN ...and your HMG gave me a new avenue to venture...Thanks for this beautiful creation...you may have done this for your use but its helping so many people accross the globe.

Regards,

Swapan
Thanks & Regards,
Swapan Das

http://www.swapandas.com/
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

swapan wrote: <...>
Roberto Sir:

You don't know how much joy & excitement I felt when I first came to know about HMG and your that site/blog where you've explained why you were looking for such a development tool..
I was fully agreed with your logic behind HMG. Sometimes we may not need a CANNON but just a GUN ...and your HMG gave me a new avenue to venture...Thanks for this beautiful creation...you may have done this for your use but its helping so many people accross the globe.
Many thanks for your kind words.

My thinking (beyond programming) is usually counter-cultural, so, not so much popular :)

In the case of HMG, it was a matter of common-sense.

I've started learning programming with BASIC, later dBase III+, and later FoxPro (I was not exactly a Clipper programmer :) ).

So, my idea about the future of programming, was evolution in the same direction that I've experienced from BASIC to FoxPro, but, for some reason, the mainstream programming, become considerably 'low-level' and attempts to take other approach failed (dBase V For Windows, dbFast, etc.).

So, HMG is exactly how I imagined the future of xBase programming in 2000's.

dBase took the best of previous languages available, refined and made easier to use.

HMG is mainly inspired by VB, VFP, RAPIDQ, dBase V and some of my own ideas. I'm interested in Ruby now. There is so much to learn from it.

An interesting puzzle for me yet, is the reason for that most programmers around the world were driven to use more difficult and low level tools that in previous generations.

A weird idea was imposed on their minds: We have write difficult, low-level programs that are easy for the machine...

If sometime I discover the secret behind this, I'll post a message here :)

Thanks again for your words.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Vanguarda

Post by Vanguarda »

Hello my friends,

This very interesting topic. Thanks Sudip to start with this.

However, more beautiful than to have women learning HMG, is to have a new generation of programmers in this wonderful tool.

Alex, you are a blessed man, has a beautiful daughter who loves you and also be a great father. This is more than commendable is splendid. I was amazed by it is already starting with HMG. Send my congratulations to her too.

Master Roberto,
I think a good idea to base the new ways of HMG in other languages that are standing out with ruby, tcl / tk and others.

Well, I think everyone here thinks the same way: "HMG upward and onward" :)

PS: my girlfriend is starting to learn HMG too. She is very excited. Sorry my bad english, i still can not express myself well with him.

Thanks a lot for this nice news.

Regards,
--
Paulo Sérgio Durço (Vanguarda)

http://hmglights.wordpress.com/
sudip

Post by sudip »

Hello Vanguarda,

My best regards to your girlfriend. :)

Thank you Master Roberto. HMG is now not only a gui library for Harbour, it is becoming a powerful language with excellent features :)

With best regards.

Sudip
With best regards,
Sudip
Vanguarda

Post by Vanguarda »

sudip wrote:Hello Vanguarda,

My best regards to your girlfriend. :)
Thanks my friend.

Regards,
--

Alex Gustow

Post by Alex Gustow »

Vanguarda, hi!

Yeah - it's time to create "girls" subforum on HMGforum, isn't it? (where our women will exchange their "girls secrets"... in HMG-programming :) :) )

Sudip, hi!

HMG - it's not a library only (I think). It's - in some point of view - something like "life-style": if you use HMG, than
a) you are open for new ideas and views;
b) you are friendly and tolerant (especially for "stupid newbies");
c) you can't work only "as the chief ordered" - you need to add something from your head to "this f*** work";
d) and more and more...
yeah (I forgot it) !..
z) you know at least one foreign language (even if poorly, with a dictionary), but you know it! :) ... or you know about Google Translate :)
zz) and you know: "Iran" and "Iraq" - two different countries :)
Vanguarda

Post by Vanguarda »

Alex Gustow wrote:Vanguarda, hi!

Yeah - it's time to create "girls" subforum on HMGforum, isn't it? (where our women will exchange their "girls secrets"... in HMG-programming :) :) )

I agree with you Alex. :D

Regards,
--

mol

Post by mol »

So, we must find other girls for this subforum.
It would be difficult to Masha to write to herself...
:D