Lyrics writer (for song) needed

Discuss anything else that does not suite other forums.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

User avatar
Alex Gustow
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:05 pm
Location: Yekaterinburg, Russia
Contact:

Lyrics writer (for song) needed

Post by Alex Gustow » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:33 pm

Hi all again!

I compose (as amateur misician) simple pop-songs (on my home computer). It's not for commersial use - only "for fun, for soul, for friends and everyone who want listen it"...

I can easy compose music in various styles - but to write lyrics (on English) is very hard work for me... So if someone can (and want) do it with me - welcome!

For example: simple romantic melody (something like George Harrison's songs), in "not-often-used" meter (13/8). It must be 3 or 4 couplets (in example - only 1 couplet).

Last words in couplet (as I think) is "To everyone from me" (this is a title of song too).

File in attached ZIP is MIDI-file (plays in Windows MediaPlayer or other apps for MIDI-playing).

Can anybody (or anybody's friends) help me?

P.S. Please duplicate your answer(s) to my mail - gustow [at] miac.utk.ru

P.P.S. I have a lot of "samples" (like this) and ideas. Come together if you want! :)
Attachments
Harris_5 (To Everyone From Me) MIDI.zip
(1.07 KiB) Downloaded 128 times

User avatar
Rathinagiri
Posts: 5234
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:30 pm
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL
Location: Sivakasi, India
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 154 times
Contact:

Post by Rathinagiri » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:54 pm

It is so great.

Thanks for sharing Alex.

But, I am afraid, I could not give you any lyrics in English, 'cause I am so well versed in that. :(
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.

User avatar
Alex Gustow
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:05 pm
Location: Yekaterinburg, Russia
Contact:

Post by Alex Gustow » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:25 pm

rathinagiri wrote:It is so great.

Thanks for sharing Alex.

But, I am afraid, I could not give you any lyrics in English, 'cause I am so well versed in that. :(
Hi Rathi !

Thanks for your good opinion!

I'm old "rock-man" :) (since 1970's; amateur of course - I played in many students groups: weddings, dancings, holidays etc.)

In any case (can you give or can't) - thanks once more! It's very interesting for me. (who - and what - say about...)

Do you want more music? I have it! :)

Another "sample" (something like Beatles's "Taxman" - or "Kiss" acoustics). Title - "Girls & Whisky & Rock'n'Roll" :)) It's "energy" piece!

I composed it in 2005 - and not ended yet.

In example - only one couplet too.

I even wrote lyrics for 1st couplet (yeah! I can!.... a little) It's it:

---------
Girls and whisky and rock-n-roll
It was thirty years ago
I was younger, I was mad...
Now I'm fifty - but that music,
Girls and whisky
In my grey-hair head.
---------

song for 2 (or more) voices
Attachments
Girls & Whisky & Rock-n-Roll) (a-la Taxman).zip
(1.56 KiB) Downloaded 132 times

User avatar
Vanguarda
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:56 am
Location: Americana - SP
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Post by Vanguarda » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:36 am

Hi friends,

Hi Alex, i like very much old rock and roll (and blues) too. I like Beatles, Elvis, Chuck Berry, Gene Vicent, Little Richard and many others... he he he ( I have only 26 years of old )

I did the download of your MIDI files, but i can´t listen it.
I need what software for play this files? I try with WMP but it don´t work with me. No song playing in here.


with best regards,
--
Paulo Sérgio Durço (Vanguarda)


http://hmglights.wordpress.com/

User avatar
esgici
Posts: 4452
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:17 pm
DBs Used: DBF
Location: iskenderun / Turkiye
Has thanked: 332 times
Been thanked: 101 times
Contact:

Post by esgici » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:19 am

Hi Alex

My interest in music is only as a listener and my preference is classic only.

But your post affected me. First all we have interest with art, humor etc for give a little break in our stressed job.
Second your lyric is better than your music (sorry) and here is my two cents:

And after ten years
I'll be again mad
No girls no whiskey
No hair on head
And I'll sing yet
This same song


Regards

--

Esgici
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D

User avatar
sudip
Posts: 1444
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:52 am
Location: Kolkata, WB, India
Has thanked: 4 times

Post by sudip » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:48 am

Hello Alex,

Now it's morning (yes I can say it morning at 8:10 am) here in Kolkata, India. And your music is re-charging me to work for a busy day :)

I am from a totally different culture of music. But, I like all music. Music from all countries give me pleasure of joy and tears. :D :cry:

And, my brother Esgici, your lyric is excellent!!! :)

Thank you, thank you very much :)

Regards.

Sudip
With best regards,
Sudip

User avatar
Rathinagiri
Posts: 5234
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:30 pm
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL
Location: Sivakasi, India
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 154 times
Contact:

Post by Rathinagiri » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:02 am

Nice Esgici. :)
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.

User avatar
Rathinagiri
Posts: 5234
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:30 pm
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL
Location: Sivakasi, India
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 154 times
Contact:

Post by Rathinagiri » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:06 am

Alex Gustow wrote:
rathinagiri wrote:It is so great.

Thanks for sharing Alex.

But, I am afraid, I could not give you any lyrics in English, 'cause I am so well versed in that. :(
Hi Rathi !

Thanks for your good opinion!

I'm old "rock-man" :) (since 1970's; amateur of course - I played in many students groups: weddings, dancings, holidays etc.)

In any case (can you give or can't) - thanks once more! It's very interesting for me. (who - and what - say about...)

Do you want more music? I have it! :)

Another "sample" (something like Beatles's "Taxman" - or "Kiss" acoustics). Title - "Girls & Whisky & Rock'n'Roll" :)) It's "energy" piece!

I composed it in 2005 - and not ended yet.

In example - only one couplet too.

I even wrote lyrics for 1st couplet (yeah! I can!.... a little) It's it:

---------
Girls and whisky and rock-n-roll
It was thirty years ago
I was younger, I was mad...
Now I'm fifty - but that music,
Girls and whisky
In my grey-hair head.
---------

song for 2 (or more) voices
Hi! This one is fa(u)ntastic!. :)

I had made this as my ring tone in my cellphone. :lol:
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.

User avatar
jrendon
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:21 pm

Post by jrendon » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:08 am

Hi Alex

excuse my audacity, but I did a bit of a parody or honors while trying to write these letters for your great music, I hope not to disturb anyone, least of you, here I send the lyrics and my bad writing horrible voice
:D
Lyrics
**************************
i'm a old clipper programer
and now i found a new website
is a new great forum for me

it is the harbour minigui
and now i learn with it
it is the best program for me

thank's to roberto Lopez
he is from argentina
and he is the best guru men
it is the best program for me
****************************


Regards
Juan Rendón
hmg-song.zip
A song for HMG
(1 MiB) Downloaded 205 times

User avatar
fchirico
Posts: 324
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:27 pm
Location: Argentina

Post by fchirico » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:45 pm

jrendon wrote:Hi Alex


**************************
i'm a old clipper programer
and now i found a new website
is a new great forum for me

it is the harbour minigui
and now i learn with it
it is the best program for me

thank's to roberto Lopez
he is from argentina
and he is the best guru men
it is the best program for me
****************************
Juan, estás RE-LOCO !!!

Ja Ja Ja.

Saludos, Fernando Chirico
Saludos, Fernando Chirico.

Post Reply