The future is here II

Discuss anything else that does not suite other forums.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

The future is here II

Post by Roberto Lopez »

Hi All,

Finally, Google, has announced its own OS: "Google Chrome OS".

It will be based on a Linux kernel and a new windowing system (so they will not use GNOME, KDE or any other existent GUI platform).

Here is the announce: http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/07/ ... me-os.html

There is a very interesting phrase there:

For application developers, the web is the platform. All web-based applications will automatically work and new applications can be written using your favorite web technologies. And of course, these apps will run not only on Google Chrome OS, but on any standards-based browser on Windows, Mac and Linux thereby giving developers the largest user base of any platform.

So, if Google vision prevails, desktop applications will be a extinct species soon.

Regards,

Roberto.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Re: The future is here II

Post by Rathinagiri »

Thanks for sharing Roberto.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
Rathinagiri

Post by Rathinagiri »

I had read the article and found it interesting.

So, the road is now towards web.

I am sure, HMG can manage with your leadership. :)
Vanguarda

Post by Vanguarda »

Hi friends,

Very interesting it... I like.

regards,
--
Paulo Sérgio Durço (Vanguarda)

http://hmglights.wordpress.com/
luisvasquezcl

Post by luisvasquezcl »

Estimado Roberto,
I just read the news in another forum and I found a great news. I think we will be quite some i me as to adapt to this new system, especially for the security issue ... many will have to wait pass a good time for change is because as known infections are via web daily and while not exceeding the limit the market for Gtalk will not be very big.
Greetings
Luis Vasquez

Estimado Roberto,
acabo de leer la noticia en otro foro y me pareció una gran noticia. Creo que nos quedará bastante tiempo como para adaptarnos a este nuevo sistema, sobre todo por el tema de seguridad... habrán muchos que esperarán a que pase un buen tiempo antes de cambiarse ya que como es sabido, las infecciones via web son pan de cada dia y mientras no se supere esa limitante el mercado para gtalk no será muy grande.
Saludos
Luis Vasquez
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

luisvasquezcl wrote:Estimado Roberto,
I just read the news in another forum and I found a great news. I think we will be quite some i me as to adapt to this new system, especially for the security issue ... many will have to wait pass a good time for change is because as known infections are via web daily and while not exceeding the limit the market for Gtalk will not be very big.
Greetings
Luis Vasquez

Estimado Roberto,
acabo de leer la noticia en otro foro y me pareció una gran noticia. Creo que nos quedará bastante tiempo como para adaptarnos a este nuevo sistema, sobre todo por el tema de seguridad... habrán muchos que esperarán a que pase un buen tiempo antes de cambiarse ya que como es sabido, las infecciones via web son pan de cada dia y mientras no se supere esa limitante el mercado para gtalk no será muy grande.
Saludos
Luis Vasquez
IMHO, there will be two well defined, different markets, with very different preferences.

Corporations, surely will prefer a Google like OS, because it will have low costs (licenses and support) and it will fill their needs in most cases (thin clients using web apps). This is good from a security POV too and considering that it will have light hardware requirements, it will cut costs on hardware too.

Home and small business users, could be interested in a wider range of applications that still require traditional Windows desktops (of course, there will be exceptions in both cases).

Some interesting thing to come, is the the patents infringement on Linux kernel claimed by MS. Will they go against Google?

Regards,

Roberto.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)
swapan

Post by swapan »

Dear Roberto Sir:

Thanks for the update!
I must appreciate that you always share this kind of futuristic info with us, and in touch with what's new as far as in our development field is concerned.

I also think web-based applications will be the most sought after applications in future. The best thing is that with this one has more control over his system even from remote place. And the data remains uptodate all the time accross the globe. The only major issue is the "speed" of this kind of applications.

I also dream of creating a small web-based application with the help of HMG. I have a zero knowledge regarding this. Would love if someone throw some light on this as what are the steps needed to develop a web-based application with the help of HMG/

Regards,

Swapan
Thanks & Regards,
Swapan Das

http://www.swapandas.com/
Rathinagiri

Post by Rathinagiri »

You can try HMGScript here.

http://hmgforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=155

It is in primitive state. :)
swapan

Post by swapan »

rathinagiri wrote:You can try HMGScript here.

http://hmgforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=155

It is in primitive state. :)
Thanks Rathi!

Just wondering there's so much thing to learn & do for me. Currently not having pc @ home (old one gone), first have to buy one pc (now a days money has become so hard to get in :o ) and then there's lot to discover in HMG!

I had a glance the link you've provided, yes I'm looking for this kind of project. If we can achieve this it will be just too good for us & we will be at par with the market trends.

Regards,

Swapan
Thanks & Regards,
Swapan Das

http://www.swapandas.com/
Roberto Lopez
HMG Founder

Post by Roberto Lopez »

swapan wrote:Dear Roberto Sir:

Thanks for the update!
I must appreciate that you always share this kind of futuristic info with us, and in touch with what's new as far as in our development field is concerned.

I also think web-based applications will be the most sought after applications in future. The best thing is that with this one has more control over his system even from remote place. And the data remains uptodate all the time accross the globe. The only major issue is the "speed" of this kind of applications.

I also dream of creating a small web-based application with the help of HMG. I have a zero knowledge regarding this. Would love if someone throw some light on this as what are the steps needed to develop a web-based application with the help of HMG/

Regards,

Swapan
Netscape CEO, predicted this situation more than 10 years ago. This driven MS 'integration' between Win98 and IE, with the consequences that all we know.

I guess that desktop application could never disappear, but, surely, its use will be reduced.

Regarding HMG, as Rathinagiri pointed, HMGSCRIPT could be the solution for us.

Sadly, all my available time, is dedicated to HMG maintenance and enhancement. The HMGSCRIPT project completion could take, at least, a year of full-time work.

Regards,

Roberto.
Regards/Saludos,

Roberto

(Veritas Filia Temporis)