Oracle compra a Sun/oracle purchase sun

Discuss anything else that does not suite other forums.

Moderator: Rathinagiri

luisvasquezcl

Oracle compra a Sun/oracle purchase sun

Post by luisvasquezcl »

La noticia del mes en el mundo del software ya tiene titular: Oracle compra Sun. De una tacada, Oracle se convierte en un gigante multidisciplinar (gigante a secas ya era), acerca su negocio a la nube, se establece como jugador clave en el mundo Open Source con productos como OpenOffice.org u OpenSolaris, se inicia en el negocio del Hardware y, lo que más miedo da, monopoliza el mercado de las Bases de Datos un poco más. Con el permiso de DB2 de IBM, de SQL Server de Microsoft y de otros empresas/productos más modestos. Y eso sin mencionar el lenguaje Java, extendido ampliamente por el ámbito empresarial.

La cantidad pactada ronda los 7.400 millones de dólares. No estamos en tiempos muy halagüeños, pero personalmente, me parecen escasos para una empresa como Sun, a la que la compra de MySQL ya solo le costó mil millones. Todavía no me explico cómo Sun, una enorme empresa que tenía todos los productos para triunfar en cualquier tarea a la que se dedicase, ha acabado de esta manera tan poco elegante.

Sobre el futuro de MySQL ya hablaremos en una inminente entrada, repasando las incógnitas que se abren con esta compra y las posibilidades que se abren en un futuro para este popular producto.

Vía | Error500
Más información | Sun.com

News of the month at the world's software is already holder: Oracle buy Sun. At a stroke, Oracle becomes a giant multi (giant itself was) about your business to the cloud, is established as a key player in the world with open source products like OpenOffice.org or OpenSolaris, you start in business Hardware and, even more afraid da, monopolize the market for databases a little more. With the permission of IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL Server and other companies / products more modest. Not to mention the Java language, spread widely by the business.

The agreed amount is about 7,400 million dollars. Not at times very good, but personally, I find little to a company like Sun, with the purchase of MySQL and it cost only one billion. Still I can not explain how Sun, a huge company that had all the goods to succeed in any task that would be dedicated, has done this so inelegant.

On the future of MySQL and discuss in a forthcoming post, reviewing the questions that open with this purchase and the options open in the future for this popular product.

Vía | Error500
More | Sun.com

Regards,
Luis Vásquez.
sudip

Re: Oracle compra a Sun/oracle purchase sun

Post by sudip »

Hi Luis Vásquez,

Thank you very much for the information. I didn't know it. And please send us more posts regarding future of JAVA and MYSQL.

Personally I am worried about their future. :?

With best regards.

Sudip
With best regards,
Sudip
luisvasquezcl

Re: Oracle compra a Sun/oracle purchase sun

Post by luisvasquezcl »

Será posible?
Sun es propietario de MySql
Oracle ahora es propietario de Sun
MySql saldrá del mercado?

Be possible?