Asking questions

Other General Resources like icon sets, sound files etc.,

Moderator: Rathinagiri

esgici
DBs Used: DBF

Asking questions

Post by esgici »

Dear HMG-Forum members, dear friends ...

As you know well, this forum is overriding knowledge base for HMG supported xBase programming. Here everybody is teacher and student at the same time; when a question asked, many people will run to answer it.

Sadly sometime may occurs some little problems; caused by mostly language issues.

Some of our friends prefers using his own language, and some other follow this way. Of course, using his own language is most natural right for everyone. But this will be is a major drawback to solving problems. Members who don't know this language couldn't answer questions and probably couldn't utilize the discussion. Surely, using a common language is first prerequisite of healthy communication.

In other hand, as cited one of our old chat
... our main common language is Clipper, ... Therefore, a simple sample is most favorable way for describe a problem.
Definitely, the best way to diagnose and fix a problem is to have a minimum self example to reproduce the it.

So, if you want and wait quick and useful answers to your question please send :

- SSW : Short, simple and working (works until to problem occurs, of course) sample or,

- SSE : Short and simple example or,

- KISS : Keep It Short and Simple

Happy HMG'ing :D
Viva INTERNATIONAL HMG :D
Rathinagiri
DBs Used: MariaDB, SQLite, SQLCipher and MySQL

Re: Asking questions

Post by Rathinagiri »

:) Thanks Esgici. It is really KISS. :)

So, this topic is made sticky.
East or West HMG is the Best.
South or North HMG is worth.
...the possibilities are endless.
mol

Post by mol »

In my country I can say:
I sign it with my two hands!

Poor English is sometimes better than ideal Spanish, because my knowledge of Spanish ends at "Saludos" :D
THX, Esgici!
mol

Post by mol »

Sadly, I must point that our forum was occupied by Spanish language programmers :(
Try to write your posts in English, please!

Regards, Marek
Leopoldo Blancas

Post by Leopoldo Blancas »

No entiendo la molestia, se que el idioma universal es CLIPPER, y nuestra ideoma particular es el Español o el Ingles o El Polaco... y Pues yo se poco ingles, pero si quiero informarme de lo que pasa en el foro tengo que traducirlo con Google... todo... Y aun más si quiero colaborar y opinar, de alguna solución que sepa, lo tengo que hacer en español e ingles...

************TRADUCCIÓN GOOGLE*******************************************
I do not understand the trouble is that the universal language is CLIPPER, and particularly our ideoma is Spanish or English or Polish ... And since I know little English, but if I need to know what's going on in the forum I have to translate it with Google ... all ... And even if I want to collaborate and review, in any solution you know, I have to do in Spanish and English ...

Code: Select all

Sadly, I must point that our forum was occupied by Spanish language programmers 
Try to write your posts in English, please!

Regards, Marek
************TRADUCCIÓN GOOGLE************************
Lamentablemente, debo decir que nuestro nuevo foro fue ocupada por los programadores en español
Trate de escribir sus mensajes en Inglés, por favor!

Regards, Marek

Disculpa por entrar a tu foro.... pero seguire insistiendo....

Creo que una mejor manera sana es publicar todo en Ingles y Español... no importa del Pais que seas... y así estamos a mano...

Saludos
Polo
*****************TRADUCCIÓN GOOGLE*********************
Sorry to get your forum .... But I will insist ....

I think a better way is to publish all sound in English and Spanish ... no matter the country that are ... and so we're even ...

regards
Polo
Pablo César

Asking questions

Post by Pablo César »

Just do not understand why the section "HMG en Español", should we write there in English too? In this case, I disagree. Unless the forum allows only in English. So admins should delete the section Español and translate its contents.

After all, it's not hard to use Google Translator.
mol wrote:Sadly, I must point that our forum was occupied by Spanish language programmers :(
Sorry Marek, but this expression sounds a bit discriminatory ...

There is no forum rule here and say that even less is accepted only posts in English. What can be done is to take a consensual approach and always post in English.
You even Marek has posted messages in Polish in the past, so nobody claimed for that.
Now if someone takes the effort to reply and have not mastered that language in which it was posted, nothing better than doing it in universal language.
If the author of post does not matter to limit care for a particular group of people (because of language), why to demand in English ?
If you see List of languages by number of native speakers - Wikipedia has more native speakers in Spanish than in English. :o
HMGing a better world
"Matter tells space how to curve, space tells matter how to move."
Albert Einstein
danielmaximiliano

Post by danielmaximiliano »

Friends: enter a topic of discucion depending on point of view.
if we look next HMGext having two lists
http://es.groups.yahoo.com/group/harbourminigui_es/ and http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/harbourminigui/
which are published in various languages ​​any inquiries without any problem.

the aid measure is proportional to the language used, the English course, but if we look at the best interest to help no matter what the written language.

you find a person drowning in the sea, that person probably did not think that language help; surely you will see that they are choking and lend your support.

the important thing is that we have a forum with great friends.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´. (¸.·` *
.·`. Harbour/HMG : It's magic !
(¸.·``··*

Saludos / Regards
DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO

Whatsapp. := +54901169026142
Telegram Name := DaNiElMaXiMiLiAnO
esgici

Post by esgici »

Friends, amigos, kolegas;

please be calm :!: :arrow:

Before all, here is a friendship place, this place can continue only by being friends, by having a real voluntary attitude.

All we are from different country, different culture and having different languages; what power could bring us together other than friendship?

Definitively, for being really friends, we need understand each other and for this purpose we need speak same language.

English not native language for most of us. Though we are working with maximum power to avoid misunderstand others and misunderstood by others. This is because for not offend anybody.

Why we want to everybody speak same language ?

For only one reason : good understand each other.

Here, no one has the authority and the power to set rules and to apply.

So, if some friends prefers and insist to speaking their native language, nobody can inhibit them.

This attitude has two negative results : First : people unknown this language can't help them, and second : people unknown this language can't utilize from conversations.

And maybe has two reasons: First : persons maybe not know the other language well (always lead to the proposed); and second : persons think like "I don't need help of people unknown my native language and I don't want they take advantage of my conversations".

Since it isn't a behavior worthy of friendship, I don't want believe to the second possibility.

And ( please no one gets it wrong, I don't want blame anyone ) the first possibility not convincing to me. If the people of transoceanic countries learn and speak foreign languages, people who belong to the same language family (Latin) how can't speak language of each others?

As a result, person not understood the problem can't join to the chat and can't help.

But no problem; in general, problems solves with this "special" conversations without help of "others".

What can we do, if our friends doesn't want "others" utilize from their "special" conversations :?:

In spite of everything, I want eagerly to being and stay friends with fellow.

In summary, my preference is win the friendship :arrow:

Happy HMG'ing :D
Leopoldo Blancas

Post by Leopoldo Blancas »

Gracias Esgici...

Pero si te has fijado cuantos Post tienes respecto al idioma... Creo que lo he leido como tres veces.... en diferentes Posts.

Saludos
Polo
*--------------------------GOOGLRTRASLATE--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Esgici ...

But if you noticed how many have regarding language Post ... I think I read like three times .... Posts different.

regards
Polo
esgici

Post by esgici »

Leopoldo Blancas wrote:Gracias Esgici...

Pero si te has fijado cuantos Post tienes respecto al idioma... Creo que lo he leido como tres veces.... en diferentes Posts.

Saludos
Polo
*--------------------------GOOGLRTRASLATE--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Esgici ...

But if you noticed how many have regarding language Post ... I think I read like three times .... Posts different.

regards
Polo
Sorry Polo,

I didn't understand what do you want to say, please clarify.

Saludos