GenInput

Utilities like DBU, Make, IDE written in HMG/ used to create HMG based applications

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Pablo César

GenInput

Post by Pablo César »

I am still structurating the app.

I still not reached the main goal (run in InputWindow) but at least is something runnable.

One of most impressive is the ComboBox in the first Grid (first column) for HotKeys definitions.
Screen1.png
Screen1.png (34.06 KiB) Viewed 4686 times
I hope you enjoy it ! :)

<Source code and executable files were removed because there is a updated version ahead of this topic>
HMGing a better world
"Matter tells space how to curve, space tells matter how to move."
Albert Einstein
Steed

Re: GenInput

Post by Steed »

Thanks, for your efford and for sharing,
Pablo César

GenInput

Post by Pablo César »

Thank you Ed !
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
serge_girard
DBs Used: 1 MySQL - MariaDB
2 DBF

Post by serge_girard »

Pablo,

Many years ago I tried to do about the same in old Clipper87. The first thing i did was expanding the DBF files with the information to auto-build default input-browse-report functions. So a real "Datadictionary" was needed. This could then tell me exactly what every database-field should contain or not.
Example:
- picture/mask of a field
- is it a key / indexed field
- is it mandatory
- is it a code from another DBF
- is input a range
- is it updatable
- short and long description
- initial value
- etc. etc

Then build the "Datadictionary Application" to maintain the data stored (this is in fact a large Modify Structure Application).
Next thing was the default application generator. This app could then generate the default functions.
This worked fine for small and simple app's.
Regretfully most applications are very complex and so specific that I abandoned this idea but it still is a good idea!

Regards, Serge
There's nothing you can do that can't be done...
mol

Post by mol »

serge_girard wrote: This worked fine for small and simple app's.
Regretfully most applications are very complex and so specific that I abandoned this idea but it still is a good idea!

Regards, Serge
I agree with you, Serge - in my opinion, app generators are for small applications.

But, It's interesting what are you doing Pablo!
Pablo César

GenInput

Post by Pablo César »

Thank you Serge and Marek for your interest. :D

I am also thinking that generators it's for simple and small apps. It was for this reason I made for InputWindow proposes. To give for user understanding and make it easy to prepare a function.

This app will one generate a function which will be prepare to InputWindow and some UDFs could be added too.
I wish to have some more EditBox resources as for example to auto-complete or at worst to make ContextMenu giving option to insert into the text some previous functions ready. Because to construct the My_UDF() function, will be done in text editor (EditBox).

Regarding this matter, have you seen this scintilla Dynamic-link library for text editor ?
You will se at this post: Auto-completion for Text controls (this is my dream... to have it at HMG)

But I am expanding my time now caring of the condition of resources among the various options which are part of the structure, validation and deployment of controls. Then I'll go straight after the project recording and execution functions.

One interesting new features, will be when I'll be started to make the "Adjust Controls" module that defines the sizes of controls at run-time. The idea I have is to present visually all controls and scale it each in the desired width. Of course, this phase is optional (not needed to start for InputWindow uses). This will help to get better the aesthetics of presentation and designing of inputwindow. This I expect to do with sliders beside each control, as you already presented to us Marek.

But source generator for applications, is out of my mind and wish with this to help InputWindow usage, only.

B.Rgds
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
serge_girard
DBs Used: 1 MySQL - MariaDB
2 DBF

Post by serge_girard »

Go on Pablo !

Serge
There's nothing you can do that can't be done...
dragancesu
DBs Used: DBF, MySQL, Oracle

Post by dragancesu »

And what you are afraid to make a generator?

Long ago I met oracle and then for keeps three tools: sql*forms, sql*reports and sql*repot menu. I thought it was a little fellow but he reassured me, it's enough to make an application. Forms created screens to enter / change, report generate reports and menu all connects.

Forms is complex enough to make several types of forms: one record to the screen, the more (something like BROWSE), each part is called a block and has much to have them, so it is easy to make master-detail form

Each form at the top has the standard functions, motion, search, insert, delete, commit

Report to the list, so the sum of the change in the fields, and the sum at the end and More

Menu is used to integrate it into the application

For users as well as forms similar and have the same function, of course you can add actions

Oracle database is excellent and keeps data very efficiently, but not free (some expess version is free, but tools not free)

All this can make for a clipper, I made 20 years ago
Similar programs are good for users, facilitate their

HMG adds the right graphics programs, that's great, but again have to sit and write programs, when I watched the examples were about 300 lines long, much that is written from the beginning every time

My intention is not to advertise, but I made it for the HMG

They say that the developers want to destroy your business use shall generator program
When he appeared MS Access idle officials have begun to write programs. Do you still have the programmers? Yes, of corse

But on the other hand I think that itself should be facilitated by using (we say) geneatora programs. I do so, and you?
Javier Tovar

Post by Javier Tovar »

dragancesu wrote:And what you are afraid to make a generator?
That aggressiveness that good start to the year!
All this can make for a clipper, I made 20 years ago
Similar programs are good for users
I hope you do to HMG and thus be able to enjoy your programming!

regards
dragancesu
DBs Used: DBF, MySQL, Oracle

Post by dragancesu »

Do not worry, I'm not aggressive but the mood to write

See link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4nr05w ... E96CFC7AC1

So simple yet so powerful

HMG is made HMG IDE, a good tool but a bit incompleteness, take for example the control grid, what make? blank box and then everything should be added

I expected a little better, to ask that table and fill in the information you have, the field name, header, width

Something has been done for report

But a great tool, a real visual, it's making a master, and when I tried to do something I have no idea how to start, so I stayed at a lower variant serves me